pn-40

jmdiehl

isn't the Send to GPS a premium member only option?

If I'm wrong on that, you might want to try making sure that you have the latest firmware on your PN-40. If you bought yours from a retailer, it might have an older firmware that didn't support downloading straight from the site.

If I'm wrong on that, you might want to try making sure that you have the latest firmware on your PN-40. If you bought yours from a retailer, it might have an older firmware that didn't support downloading straight from the site.

It is. That is likely the issue.

It is. That is likely the issue.

I am now confused. Do you think the problem is the firmware or Send to GPS is a premium only option? I am not a premium member but just did a Send to GPS and it worked fine.

Well, I can't find where I saw that, so I'm probably wrong.

Try updating to the latest 2.5 firmware. Check Menu -> Device Setup -> About this device to see which version firmware you have now.

Even if I was correct about the premium membership, and it appears that I wasn't, upgrading the firmware will fix a lot of issues as well as add some features so it won't be a waste of your time.

One more thing, did you get Topo USA 8 with it? If you got 7, send in the card that came with it to get 8 free. It won't have anything to do with your problem, but Topo USA 8 is by far a better program than 7.

I have a PN40

I don't think it is the unit. The plug in it is refering to is a little program that makes Geocaching.com work to send it to the PN. Look in the pop up box for a link to the program. Also, when you connect your PN40 make sure you don't select tranfer maps when the unit asked what you want to send.