:D :D :D 9 Different Types (Icons) of caches in 1 DAY! :D :D :D

:):D:D 9 Different Types (Icons) of caches in 1 DAY! :D:):(

I set out on a goal on May 16, 2009, to log 10 different types of caches in 1 day! Well it took a long day with lots and lots and lots of driving and in the end I ended up with 9 of the 10.

By the time I made it to the park to try to log the Wherigo Cache The Lost Loot of the Louisiana Leprechauns GC1MC94 it was late and the ranger wouldn't let me try it.

So I settled for 9 in one day! Still it truly was and AWESOME DAY!!! here is the list of the caches I logged.

Oh ya on top of 9 different icons I also got a FTF on another Cache and a DNF that makes 11 different types of logs in 1 day!

Email me if you know of anybody that has come close or logged more the 9 different icons in 1 day. Thanks Ralph

Here's the list.

Webcam Cache: Jazzman's Hardwired Cafe GCMPD6

Letterbox Hybrid: Victorian Fountian GCQKCG

Traditional Cache: Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources ParkCache GC1DQZD

Event Cache: GPS Adventures Arkansas Maze Event: May 16! GC1QPFB

Multi-cache: "One Slick Place" GC18HAX

GPS Adventures Exhibit: GPS Adventures Arkansas Maze Exhibit GC1QPDH

Earthcache: Black Gold - Boom Town GC1C96Q

Unknown Cache: To Protect and Serve GC1MMHR

Virtual Cache: The Battle of Marks Mill GCBEA0

Plus I had a FTF: THE BLACKBERRY PATCH GC1RCHE

And a DNF: Lake Hogue GCT3V6

Thank You All Very Much For The AWESOME Caches!!!

:PB)

That's pretty cool :) I love how this hobby allows for setting personal goals and objectives like that.... and especially that one person's can be completely different than another's.... one might like to go on a numbers run, another on an epic backpacking trip for one cache at the top of a mountain, another might just like to add some spice to a long road trip... it goes on and on :D thanks for sharing yours! I might have to peek around to see if there are any of those grandfathered types around that I could make a run like that too :D It appeals to me! (course I'd have to plan it on the day of an event O_o)

I believe a group in Washington State did a similar trip recently when the GPS Adventures Maze premiered there. But, they were able to add an APE cache to their list.

Whether 9 icons or 10, it's an amazing, fun accomplishment! Great job creating and succeeding in this goal!

There are several "challenge caches" along this theme. Most require that you find at least 6 different cache types in a single day, usually inside the borders of a single state. The owner of a local one lists the finders who've found the most in a day, and I think the current "high score" is eight.

I had a route mapped out to get 9 next Saturday (to include GWVII MegaEvent), but my schedule keeps changing so don't know if I'll be able to manage it.

Anyway, congrats on an awesome personal achievement!

Way to go!

Prntr1 and a few others found 8 this Saturday, but I'm not sure if they counted the event or not (in which case they would be tied with you at nine :( ). They left the exhibit shortly after the introductory speeches, and managed to find them all between there and Little Rock. I was on the phone with them when they got their eighth cache type, a Wherigo.

Edited by DavidMac

Way to go!

Prntr1 and a few others found 8 this Saturday, but I'm not sure if they counted the event or not (in which case they would be tied with you at nine :( ). They left the exhibit shortly after the introductory speeches, and managed to find them all between there and Little Rock. I was on the phone with them when they got their eighth cache type, a Wherigo.

Interesting to get to see his name on here. I was able to meet Prntr1 at an event cache here in Texas along with a friend of his....Abogado. He must get to cache a lot because they were here on a cache run. They must have hit 200 or so over the weekend. So, seeing your post, I'm not surprised to see this accomplishment. WTG, Prntr1!!!

Our goal usually when we go on caching trips is to beat our previous find total for the day (ours is 27) and most over the trip (40 is our best). If we beat it that's great, but if not, who cares. We're doing a 10 day blitz coming up in 9 days. First 2 days will be non-stop caching till we get to Seattle, then it's onto the cruise ship and then 3 days of caching/sightseeing in 3 cities in Alaska, 6 hours in Victoria, BC and then back home to Kelowna. Will definitely prove interesting!

I like the idea of trying to get multiple icons in one day. Fun stuff!

A Washington pair recently got 13: Wherigo, Mystery, Multi-cache, Traditional Cache, Letterbox Hybrid, Earthcache, Webcam, Virtual, Event, Benchmark, CITO Event, Project Ape Cache, and GPS Adventures Maze.

All they were missing was a mega event. They got lucky on the CITO and a regular event on the same day, plus the Ape and Maze being nearby.

Way to go!

Prntr1 and a few others found 8 this Saturday, but I'm not sure if they counted the event or not (in which case they would be tied with you at nine :o ). They left the exhibit shortly after the introductory speeches, and managed to find them all between there and Little Rock. I was on the phone with them when they got their eighth cache type, a Wherigo.

Interesting to get to see his name on here. I was able to meet Prntr1 at an event cache here in Texas along with a friend of his....Abogado. He must get to cache a lot because they were here on a cache run. They must have hit 200 or so over the weekend. So, seeing your post, I'm not surprised to see this accomplishment. WTG, Prntr1!!!

It was nice meeting you there, I have been caching a lot, trying to hit that 3k before GW7.

Thanks for the kudos on the icons, but DavidMac had his number a little off, when we last talked to him we had eight, we finished the day on Beale St. in Memphis with 10 different icons, it was quite the adventure and we had a great time!!! I don't want to forget to mention rsarich and camolady were along for the adventure as well.

Congrats on the 9 icons Family Gold, it is an awesome achievement.

Edited by prntr1

Ah, I stand corrected.

Now all we need is to hold a mega event, regular event, and CITO in the vicinity of the APE cache. Problem is that anybody who has already found Tunnel of Light will not be able to get all icons in one day.

Or they could enable the old locationless caches for just one day. Yeah, I'll keep dreaming... :anibad: