Geocaching book of locations

Can any one advise me if there are any books available with uk locations/coordinate availabe?

We are new to geochaching.

We don't have a PDA and only own an old GPS and have to print loads of info off everytime we go out.

Thanks

Welcome :laughing:

As suggested, if you're starting out and searching for just a few caches (i.e. 3 or 4) caches each day, then you might find that jotting the vital info down in your own notebook is enough - the co-ordinates, the hint, the size - That may be all you need if it's a traditional cache. However, if it's a complicated Multi, with 10 stages and loads of alpha-numerical equations to work out then, yes, you'll probably need to print off the sheets.

The way around all the printing off of sheets is to become a Premium Member and move into "paperless caching". There are many, many, topics relating to this on these forums.

There are no "geocaching books" containing lists of geocaches and their co-ordinates and details. Geocaches are (almost) living, and dying, entities... (Time for me to wax lyrical here...) Some have been around for years, others are born and then die within 4 months, for various reasons. They get re-located due to muggling, the co-ordinates get changed...

So any book would be inaccurate within days of publication, and annoyingly 'out of date' within 6 months.

Glad you're enjoying the game so far. ;)

MrsB

Wouldn't a book become obsolete fast with the usual turnover of caches?

There are no "geocaching books" containing lists of geocaches and their co-ordinates and details. Geocaches are (almost) living, and dying, entities... (Time for me to wax lyrical here...) Some have been around for years, others are born and then die within 4 months, for various reasons. They get re-located due to muggling, the co-ordinates get changed...

So any book would be inaccurate within days of publication, and annoyingly 'out of date' within 6 months.

Listings are all online. You may find a notebook and pen more economical.

Indeed, as a new starter myself, I would endorse that. Its not a long task to quickly jot the code, the name, co-ords and the clue of the ones you're interested in searching for. Plus it slips into a jacket pocket easily alongside the optional OS map (which I always scan beforehand to gauge some idea of the landscape around the cache).