Huge Problm #2

darkserpant

I am not sure why my post didn't go through. ANnyway my buddy just called me up and he is trying to load some caches onto his gps like he always does. He connects his gps to the computer goes to geocache.com and clicks on send to gps. But after he clicks on send to gps he gets the 4 check marks like everything ok but they are not showing up onto his gps. So I get off the phone with him and I go upstairs to my pc and hook up my gps (pn-40) and click on some caches and clicked on send to gps and nothing. I am not getting anything to show up onto my gps either. Is there a problem with the web site or send to gps link? Please help ASAP. Thanks

The send to GPS feature was meant to be a premium member feature. Apparently a website release made it available to everyone and it wasn't supposed to be. That's been fixed and it is once again a premium member feature.

That's interesting. I've got a premium account and basic account. I just logged into the basic account and was able to use the Send to GPS feature just fine.

Are you sure it's not just the GPX exchange and PQ features that are premium only?

Edited by Pax42

I am a premium member. I just tried to download some again, and it's a no go.

Hello Darkserpant,

On the forum page you are designated as a "Member", not a Premium Member. On your profile page you are designated as "Premium Member". This may or may not be a problem.

The other query I would ask is if there is a limit to the number of way-points on your GPS. My 60CSX is limited to 1000 way-points when I reach this limit things go haywire. You could try deleting all way-points from the GPS and try again.

Regards

Bernard

The thing is I have been using the download to gps link for about a month now ever since I paid my $30. And now it seems to work but nothing shows up on my gps. And no I don't have any waypoints on my gps. After I come home from caching I log them in to geocache.com then I go to my gps and delete them, So right now there is nothing on the gps. Thanks

Does Delorme accept .gpx files directly or do you have to run it through a converter??

Several options. You can load the gpx file to the device via the topo 7 software which doesn't give you the full paperless benefits of the new PN-40 firmware or you can use GSAK along with the "Delorme Send to GPS" macro created by Tigerz and Jam4ar which does take advantage of the new firmware.

In the next month or two Delorme will be releasing "Cache Register" which will handle gpx file uploads for the 40 and negate the need for topo 7. It will work on PCs and Macs.