Printing cache pages

Could anyone tell me how to adjust the settings so the cache pages print with the coordinates? For the last several months when I print the cache pages the coordinates do not print. I click the print button for Simple. Just the Descriptions, Hints, Attributes, and Logs sections print. The map prints out on a separate page and takes up half the page.

I can't figure it out! Thanks for any help!

Could anyone tell me how to adjust the settings so the cache pages print with the coordinates? For the last several months when I print the cache pages the coordinates do not print. I click the print button for Simple. Just the Descriptions, Hints, Attributes, and Logs sections print. The map prints out on a separate page and takes up half the page.

I can't figure it out! Thanks for any help!

That is odd that the coordinates aren't being printed. In the top/center of the printout should be the Geocache code. Below that and on the left side of the paper should be the symbol for the type of cache next to the cache name. Below that should be the name of the person that placed the cache and right below that should be the coordinates. Below that the cache size and difficulty. Down lower on the page you should see Overview Map and right next to that you should see in blue [640x480] [320x240]. Selecting the [320x240] will reduce the size of the map. Hope this helps. :(

I have been having the same difficulty. It all started when they made changes to the cache pages and eliminated the .pdf file print option. I hand write the coords on the cache print-out now. It is a bit annoying especially when I am in a hurry to leave.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem?

I have been having the same difficulty. It all started when they made changes to the cache pages and eliminated the .pdf file print option. I hand write the coords on the cache print-out now. It is a bit annoying especially when I am in a hurry to leave.

I am doing paperless now with the Oregon, but when I used to print the pages I often had problems with the cache name and coordinates not printing. I would also decode the hint before printing, and discovered that if I left the hint encrypted then sometimes the page would print with the coordinates. I also found sometimes it had something to do with the way I printed the map. Never could find a combination that worked every time. And sometimes no matter what I tried, I could not get the coordinates to print. I figured it was a GC problem and maybe had something to do with the software version in use at the time the cache page was uploaded. Before printing the page, do a "print preview" and if you see the coordinates missing, then try to adjust some of the things I have mentioned and maybe you can get it to print correctly. Hope this helps. :(

Having the same issue, I marked the page data and copied it to Word and then printed it. However, just the other day I did get some pages to print correctly. I have had this issue off and on for several months, like you when I am in a hurry I just try to get it done and run. :( so I failed to post the problem.

Thank you! As a confirmed lurker, I had not posted this question but it happens to me, too. I agree, it has something to do with encryption of the hint, but not always... I'd love to have an answer to this! Just today, I printed 9 caches out - the first one had the waypoint name and coords, the 5th, and last did. Others did not! Maddening...

I'm having the same problem. All was GOOD when the pdf option was there. So simple just print, no formatting to worry about. This has been a topic of several threads now and I have responded to each one. Bring back the pdf option and please don't tell me again about clicking this and that and dragging here and there, don't want to spend even 5 minutes to get something I could get with one click. Call me old fashioned, go ahead I'll agree. The 46 in my name is not my age but has something to do with it. :(

I have had the same problem for months. For that reason, I had started printing the PDF files instead, but that's not an option anymore. I never decode the hints before printing, so that didn't affect it for me. Sometimes the name and coords print, sometimes they don't.

The missing coordinates (and cache name and D/T, etc.) were the reason I printed the .pdf file of the cache page instead of the currently available page. If I needed the map, I could print it separately. Many times I could print one map for multiple caches. Don't always need one map per cache, Groundspeak!

I do hope someone at headquarters is taking note of this. :(

I thought it was just me!

For me it seems that all the information before the "short description" does not print when it is a Multi or Puzzle cache.. BUT it does not do that for every printed Puzzle or Multi cache.

Also I decrypt the hint before printing, do not ever include the map or logs.

It is good to know that it was not just me :)

It is not just you. It is an easily reproduceable problem and it has been sluffed off as a problem with your browser settings, which is simply a copout. The recent changes to the simple cache pages have made this an issue for many more cachers than before as the maps now cause many more cache printouts to exhibit this problem.

How can it be a browser setting that causes substantial information from the cache page you are printing to not print? Yet when you fiddle with the positioning of various elements on the page or change the print settings to reduce the page everything can be printed just fine. This has been an ongoing frustration for me and I am actually glad to have some company. Perhaps TPTB will finally take note and work to resolve the problem. I can only hope.

I have found that I can reliably recreate the problem by extending the cache page to 2 or more pages. Then the header disappears. Solution for me is to print out simple, (no logs) and click the triangle in the top left corner of the map to minumize it. Usually that reduces the printout to 1 page and prints the header properly.

Thank you, ras_oscar! That worked just fine for me!! I didn't know the triangle was clickable. :rolleyes: Previously, I would instruct the printer to print only one page, thereby omitting the map. Now, I will print the map on the back of the cache page, only if needed! :blink:

Edited by PeachyPA

This only happens to me when the cache description extends to more than one page, whether the map is part of it or not (some earth caches are several pages of print!). I solve the problem by putting the first page back in the printer, highlighting just the top of the page onscreen (the header with the cache name, coords, etc.), and then choosing the "print selection" option so just the highlighted text and graphics print out. They will be printed in the correct position above the short description on the second run through the printer.

While we're complaining....why did they have to go and change the zoom option on the printable page? Sometimes I wanted to zoom to the lowest level (in urban areas with lots of streets), while other times, I wanted a far-off view (in the country). This new one-size-fits-all map is virtually useless.