Micros, micros, and more micros

Why do the same few regulars get so bothered when people vent in the forums? Do they feel it is their job to instruct people on how to have fun? Did it ever occur to you to offer opinions that would tend to answer his questions? Maybe you should follow your own advice and only read topics that don't cause you to be so negative.

I love the irony in this post.

I think maybe you ought to read what irony means. :huh:

I believe that I used the word correctly.

Not by any definition I can find.

I think maybe you ought to read what irony means. :ph34r:

Irony? As in, perfumed toilet paper?

;)

:P:P And...quit tellin' me how to live my life! :P:)

;)

get it?

~*

\ i'm bettin'.....giant wooshing sound

I think maybe you are confused as to which post you are answering. Did someone tell you how to live your life?

Irony as in...

"There is some argument about what qualifies as ironic, but all senses of irony revolve around the perceived notion of an incongruity between what is said and what is meant; or between an understanding of reality, or an expectation of a reality, and what actually happens."

:huh::blink::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::o:huh:

No I didn't get it.

Irony? As in, perfumed toilet paper? ...

And...quit tellin' me how to live my life! ;):P

get it?

I think maybe you are confused as to which post you are answering. Did someone tell you how to live your life?

Irony as in...

"There is some argument about what qualifies as ironic, but all senses of irony revolve around the perceived notion of an incongruity between what is said and what is meant; or between an understanding of reality, or an expectation of a reality, and what actually happens."

:rolleyes:;):P:P:):rolleyes::huh:

No I didn't get it.

Sort of like when someone preaches that others shouldn't tell people how to live their lives, when that is, in fact, telling them how to live their lives. This would be another example:

Party A complaines that people shouldn't do something.

Party B counters that there is no harm in doing the thing.

Party C then tells Party B that he shouldn't tell people how to live thier lives, even though it was really party A doing that and now Party C doing it.

Edited by sbell111

And...quit tellin' me how to live my life! ;):P

get it?

Irony as in...

:rolleyes:;):P:P:):rolleyes::huh:

No I didn't get it.

Sort of like when someone preaches that others shouldn't tell people how to live their lives, when that is, in fact, telling them how to live their lives. This would be another example:

Party C then tells Party B that he shouldn't tell people how to live thier lives, even though it was really party A doing that and now Party C doing it.

I ain't as dumb as I look.

(Couldn't possibly be!)

:rolleyes:

~*

After finding my share, and placing one Micro (however deep in a trail saturated with other traditional caches)...I have comfortably rested on the conclusion UMHO that 98% of all MiCRO'S AND NANO'S ARE FOR THE LAZY CACHER. Especially he/she who CONSTANTLY places them. It seems like, with little exception, Micro-placing cachers place ALOT of that size cache...and rarely a traditional. Anyway..my rant is done for now as well.

I think maybe you ought to read what irony means. :unsure:

And...quit tellin' me how to live my life! B):(

get it?

Irony as in...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

No I didn't get it.

Yes I understand what it is you were referring to. I am not an English major but I think that would be closer to Hypocrisy than Irony. But then maybe you might be perceived as a hypocrite if you tell others to only do caches they enjoy. You don't seem to enjoy his post but yet you participate. Or do you just enjoy telling people what to do? I don't get why people seem to think that the rest of the forum members owe them a topic that fits within their preferences. If you think it is a whinny angst filled thread you could ignore it. Or you could try to give a constructive answer to his question, "WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THE MICROS???". Something like "well they are cheaper to put out and that might the reason." Instead all you offer is no answer and a completely non supportive post.

* For me, "micro" is just an abbreviated term. There is another term that I use when refering to the concept of hiding tiny things where it is obvious that a bigger container could (should) have been used. The correct word is "pieceofcr*pmicro". That's the term I commonly use.

I know that *micros have their place in the grand scheme of things, but, in the grand scheme of things, the grand scheme should not be to hide *micros at a 90-percent rate.

"...where it is obvious that a bigger container could (should) have been used. The correct word is "pieceofcr*pmicro". That's the term I commonly use.

You seem to be saying that any micro is -automatically- a piece of crap.

Not to criticize your opinion, but I'm actually curious about a couple of things.

What is it about a 'bigger container' that you prefer in the circumstance you describe?

And you seemingly infer displeasure - make that, extreme displeasure, judging by your choice of terminology - so, what's "wrong" with or about the micro, that makes it deserve such a term (in your mind)?

And finally, please, describe the type of micro it would take in that same location that you would deem "ok" or acceptable, if one possibly could.

Really - just curious.

~*

Irony? As in, perfumed toilet paper?

B)

:(:D And...quit tellin' me how to live my life! :D:D

:D

get it?

~*

Irony as in...

No I didn't get it.

a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning.

Lets try to pay attention to the fact that some words do have multiple definition and the original usage of said word in this thread was was correct.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I hide a large in a cesspool, does it qualify as a Mike Rowe?

And...quit tellin' me how to live my life! B):(

get it?

Irony as in...

No I didn't get it.

Yes I understand what it is you were referring to. I am not an English major but I think that would be closer to Hypocrisy than Irony.
No, I am certainly not calling you a hypocrite. If you choose to call yourself that, it's none of my business, but I'm not calling you that.
But then maybe you might be perceived as a hypocrite if you tell others to only do caches they enjoy. You don't seem to enjoy his post but yet you participate. Or do you just enjoy telling people what to do?
So, if a topic is about caches that an individual doesn't like to find, it's not appropriate to explain ways to avoid those caches? In your opinion, are the only replies that would be on topic are those that complain about these caches?
I don't get why people seem to think that the rest of the forum members owe them a topic that fits within their preferences. If you think it is a whinny angst filled thread you could ignore it.
Actually, I ignore quite a few threads that hold no interest for me. However, one should not necessarily avoid a thread simply because they disagree with the OP's position.
Or you could try to give a constructive answer to his question, "WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THE MICROS???". Something like "well they are cheaper to put out and that might the reason." Instead all you offer is no answer and a completely non supportive post.
So, you feel like presuming why people hide these caches would be more constructive than discussing how the OP could avoid the caches that he doesn't enjoy? How would these guesses as to why the caches were hidden help in any way?

So, you feel like presuming why people hide these caches would be more constructive than discussing how the OP could avoid the caches that he doesn't enjoy? How would these guesses as to why the caches were hidden help in any way?

I would find it more constructive to presume why some people abhor finding micros in the first place, but I've gotten warnings from the moderators when I've tried this in the past. :anibad:

So, if a topic is about caches that an individual doesn't like to find, it's not appropriate to explain ways to avoid those caches?
Is that what the OP is asking for? Was his question, "I find too many micros, how do I avoid them"?
In your opinion, are the only replies that would be on topic are those that complain about these caches?
Absolutely not. His question in all caps was "WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THE MICROS???". You could try to answer his question. If you didn't have any ideas, you could remain silent.
I don't get why people seem to think that the rest of the forum members owe them a topic that fits within their preferences. If you think it is a whinny angst filled thread you could ignore it.
Actually, I ignore quite a few threads that hold no interest for me. However, one should not necessarily avoid a thread simply because they disagree with the OP's position.
Not all threads are meant to be a debate on the topic in question. Rather than telling him he caused the problem by not filtering etc. you could simply try to answer his direct question. Some threads are meant to be debates. You can usually tell when the OP asks everyone if they agree.

It depends on the original topic post. Did he ask for help on how to avoid all the micros on his search list? I really didn't get that from his original post. Offering reasons why there are so many micros might help him feel better about micros in general. Once he vents and the angst is let out, he might come to a place where he is ready to filter them out instead of just complain. We must remember that these post are from people, not logic programs. People have feelings and emotions that can't be changed by simply telling them what they should be doing.

The rapidly escalating proliferation of lame urban micros is a bizarre phenomenon, and yet no one seems to be able take responsibility for the placement of all these weird lame urban micros.

If it's anything like over here, noone takes responsability because the person placing a metric ton of crap hides tends to quit after a month and never return to the site. There's been a fair pile around my place that are all pretty much identical, in poor spots at best. I've taken to outright ignoring them, waiting for them to go missing, and eventually be archived.

Another good antidote for a case of the "micro-blahs" is ensuring that you are caching with others that are fun to be with. Then, on those occasions when your perception of a cache is less-than-satisfying, you'll likely never really know it (or at least, won't be tempted to angst over it), 'cause you are having too much fun just enjoying your friends and companions.

Works like a charm.

AMEN to that!

Just find them, sign the log, clench your teeth and thank the owner.

THEN, go out and place some 'good' caches in any unused space there to show them how it's done...lead by example.