COIN LIST

nefesh

Just starting with collecting coins; only have a few. Many recommend trading as the best way to increase your own collection, as opposed to EBay, etc. My question is, where's the best place to start out listing your collection for view, and what you're seeking.

As a newbie, are veteran collectors sympathetic that we don't, as newbies, have much to offer?

Edited by nefesh

I just signed up on a site today.

Utah or Utag geocachers or something.

It was fast & free & the other site wouldnt take new registrations and or charged.

Link is in my sig.

Wow, you're really moving along. It was neat to see Cachin' Crow listed. Keep me posted with both your successes and frustrations with the trading.

I just list my coins on my geocaching.com profile page. It's not fancy and there are no photos, but it's easy and free. Most collectors know coins by name anyway (or a few ways to look up a coin they aren't familiar with).

Yes, but you'd have to activate them, right?

droo i just looked at your trade list and saw many things i like. i'll post in the proper place.

i have tried to add anything to my forum signature and it doesn't work. i go to the right page , type in info then hit save. after i hit save nothing happens. any ideas?

i am trying to put up a link for my new and quickly expanding coin list.

BUMP!

Hopefully reviving this thread will be helpful to some of our newer coin collectors (welcome!) and provide other options for coin hosting for those of us who *finally* have a decent trading list!

Personally, I'm partial to Vanelle's HTML script - it is awesome. However one decides to post, don't forget to add a link (or some way to access) your trading/seeking list in your forums signature line, which I believe you must do from gc.com .

Happy caching/trading/drooling!

Good idea P & K!

I have changed my method drastically since I posted. I now have keeping & trading lists with pictures (though I am always a few weeks behind it seems) plus I have a seeking list developed as well.

I create it using Dreamweaver and upload it to Google Sites which is free. Works well for me...link is in my sig if anyone is interested.

Tip for the newbies: if you want to do pictures, start now while your collection is small...it takes time and if you have a lot of coins, it could be overwhelming! Best of Luck!