A Geocaching first?

Gorge_Hiker

There are many examples of proposals at existing geocaches, or "special purpose" geocaches created for an orchestrated proposal and then later listed as regular caches. This is the second proposal I've heard about this month!

It must feel great as a cache owner to get a log like that. I have one cache at a popular spot for wedding photos to be taken, but that's as close as I've gotten for my hides.

I proposed to my wife at a geocache about 6 years ago. I found the cache the day before, took her out the next day, led her astray while I put the ring in the ammo box. Lead her to the correct area where she found the cache and the ring.

The cache owner let me keep the ammo box and deactivated the cache for us. We actually plan on hiding an anniversary cache at the same location soon ( on our 5 year anniversary). We should be able to find it as the coordinates are engraved on the inside of our wedding bands.

I placed a one-time cache for my then-girlfriend (now wife) two Valentine's ago. It had an ammo can waiting to be used, so I put all of her gifts inside it and included a letter in place of thelogbook. I wrote up the info, making it look like a regular cache sheet and printed it out. We headed out to be FTF and I made sure that she found it. We took it back to the car to log (it was cold!) and the look on her face when she figured out it was a cache just for her was priceless!

Later we placed a regular cache in the same location.