Help from Husband

wyotoad

Hello!! Of my immediate family I am the one with the geo cache account/username. My question is is if I am living in one state and my husband is at Ft. Sill, OK doing some schools for the Army and he finds some caches while he is there, can I log them as found under my user name? Any caches we find together are logged under my name any way - we are a team!!

Thanks for any help!!

Edited by wyotoad

Hello!! Of my immediate family I am the one with the geo cache account/username. My question is is if I am living in one state and my husband is at Ft. Sill, OK doing some schools for the Army and he finds some caches while he is there, can I log them as found under my user name? Any caches we find together are logged under my name any way - we are a team!!

Thanks for any help!!

Log the cache finds! And thanks for you and your husband's service.

Thanks for any help!!

Log the cache finds! And thanks for you and your husband's service.

Thanks - just want to make sure I'm playing by the rules!! :angry:

Ours is a 'joint account' too. Most of our finds are done together but occasionally MrB may get one when he's working abroad, or I go off with other caching friends for a day. To differentiate, I simply put (MrsB) at the end of my log, while MrB tends to mention in the log that he was away on a work trip. This ensures that in 30 years time, when we're both in our dotage, if either of us can't recall doing a particular cache then at least there will be an indication which one of us actually logged it! :angry:

MrsB

I went to Vegas once and Tod stayed behind, I took the good GPS and left him with the old one! I found around 6-10 caches while there, he found about the same here with his son, so I logged all finds under our account (Tod never did set up his own account for some reason...likley because he didn't spend much time on the computer).

Most (if not all) of the finds Tod made, I went back to with him and he showed me general locations to save time, but I made all the finds...Tod never had a chance to find the ones I di in Vegas though unfortunately. Would I delete those finds because Tod wasn't there?? Never! Tod sometimes couldn't join me (or us as our team grew to include my son KAboom), this was just how it was.

I now have a complete record of all the fun we had when Tod was alive, and will never change the account to take his name from it, we will always carry the TR&T w/K name while caching! Even now, whenever KAboom can't join me, I still sign with the TR&T w/K name!

And, I could care less how others would do it, it's no one's business but my own and I won't let others bother me if they don't understand as long as it won't bother them if I tell them to buzz off!

In short, do it how you want and don't worry about others, it's your fun and has no bearing on others!!

Thanks for any help!!

I don't see any reason why not! Usually its the cache owner who determines that. However, I can say that if I was the cache owner I would certainly be ok with that. As long as someone can sign the physical log.

Also, as mentioned previously, a big thank you to him....and you as well.

We have seven in our family, although so far the prime geocaching contingent is myself and our two older daugthers (8 and 10 respectively). Last weekend we did get the whole family out for a beautiful hike to a cache in the sunshine up an old logging road.

So far we've been using my account, which does seem to make things easier. It wouldn't surprise me however if down the road the older kids decide they want their own account. But for now having to only sign one entry per log is nice.