Geocache Mobiles

polskikrol

Figured I would start a thread about running into fellow geocachers on the road.

Spotting #1 (Geocacher Confirmed)

Last week on a Friday morning saw a red prius heading south on 287 near Morristown with a travel bug. Saturday saw the same car near where I live heading for Polish kielbasa! It was weathernowcast. This was an easy one since ThirstyMick was driving and spotted him driving with a hunger drool expression. Ended up meeting up and caching in the area.

Spotting #2 (Geocacher? Unknown)

Today saw a grey SUV stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on Route 24 near Madison, NJ with two GEO stickers on the back and what appeared to be a DunkinDonuts sticker. There was no travel bug sticker visible from the back. Curious to know who this was! Anyone know?

I've been spotted on the road a couple of times, Brian07663NJ and wtes both "discovered" my car at stoplights. I thought that was really cool :D All the other logs are at events.

But I'm wondering what an orange suzuki was doing following some geocacher around on route 24 in Madison, NJ; when it should have been parked outside of a brewery in fairfield??

Figured I would start a thread about running into fellow geocachers on the road.

Spotting #1 (Geocacher Confirmed)

Last week on a Friday morning saw a red prius heading south on 287 near Morristown with a travel bug. Saturday saw the same car near where I live heading for Polish kielbasa! It was weathernowcast. This was an easy one since ThirstyMick was driving and spotted him driving with a hunger drool expression. Ended up meeting up and caching in the area.

Today saw a grey SUV stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on Route 24 near Madison, NJ with two GEO stickers on the back and what appeared to be a DunkinDonuts sticker. There was no travel bug sticker visible from the back. Curious to know who this was! Anyone know?

Hey! I just looked up the definition of stalker!

v., stalked, stalk·ing, stalks.

v.intr.

To walk with a stiff, haughty, or angry gait: stalked off in a huff.

To move threateningly or menacingly.

To track prey or quarry.

To poilskikrol or to polskirol a person who fails to ype the letter "k" twice in ayour name

v.tr.

To pursue by tracking stealthily.

To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.

To go through (an area) in pursuit of prey or quarry.

To polskikrol or to polskirol a person who fails to ype the letter "k" twice in your name

also see "George"

I've been spotted on the road a couple of times, Brian07663NJ and wtes both "discovered" my car at stoplights. I thought that was really cool :D All the other logs are at events.

But I'm wondering what an orange suzuki was doing following some geocacher around on route 24 in Madison, NJ; when it should have been parked outside of a brewery in fairfield??

After the orange suzuki got off of route 24 I spotted it parked in front of a blond women's house in Madison. I think she was Scottish or English, not Irish that was for sure.--perhaps Polish now that I think of it!

This is a very odd thread and can only do no good.............

[quote name=

Guilty as charged. I really must swap over my GER-IRL license plates from my wife's car! However, It's not a SUV (implied: gas guzzler, planet hater etc etc), but a family friendly minivan (read: involved dad, room for the in laws etc etc). Actually, the DD magnet and one of the GEO magnets are compliments of EagleTrax - Thanks Karen!

Up for a challenge? :D

There are currently 4 other cars riding around that also have a DD magnet adhered to them. They may or may not have a GEO magnet also. (3 have both the DD and GEO, while the 4th may only have the DD magnet. I will get a GEO magnet to that owner asap since I believe I owe them one). If you can find those 4 other vehicles and identify them correctly by giving the license plate #, I will send the first person to do so their very own GEO and DD magnets as a prize.

Owners of these vehicles and their families are not eligible.

[quote name=

Guilty as charged. I really must swap over my GER-IRL license plates from my wife's car! However, It's not a SUV (implied: gas guzzler, planet hater etc etc), but a family friendly minivan (read: involved dad, room for the in laws etc etc). Actually, the DD magnet and one of the GEO magnets are compliments of EagleTrax - Thanks Karen!

Be warned the first time Polskikrol spotted me--he spotted me another 3 times in the next 24 hours in three separate counties. He takes good notes on the events that he observes and was able to describe what I was doing each time although I swear I was not picking my nose!

That "family friendly minivan" has doubled as a fine cache-mobile and holds up to 6 adult cachers very comfortably. Don't be fooled. And it has all the appropriate markings. Hmmm... Perhaps you should just swap cars with your wife, GerIRL. :D

I was once spotted, followed, & approached by another cacher in Memphis. He first saw my Signal the frog antenna topper, then the Geocaching license plate frame. We chatted a bit & gave me some coords to some nearby caches. Alot of the folks involved with S.J. Geocaching should be an easy spot since there's now decals with the SJG logo & their Geo-Name.

[quote name=

It was dark and rainy... apologies for calling it an SUV. I now remember the model which was an Odyssey :) If you had those plates the ID would have definitely been easier!

[quote name=

It was dark and rainy... apologies for calling it an SUV. I now remember the model which was an Odyssey :rolleyes: If you had those plates the ID would have definitely been easier!

Ironically, our cachemobile is the failed and now defunct Saturn Relay, which they called a "sport utility van" (has features of both, but it's more minivan in all honesty). Getting a vehicle TB soon so we can be "discovered"......