Unity Geocoin

Savoy

Thanks! I'm getting more and more excited about seeing the actual 'launch date' in a few weeks.

The art that it was drawn from had manywonderful, Chinese Traditional 'wood carving' colors on it as well. But we never got to a place where we felt we could get the color AND the 3D feel at the same time.

I decided that the details would best be felt in the 3D which, I think, the die artist got perfectly. It really does look like the authentic article - what you would see in the actual wood carvings.

I'm happy you like the detail and the art! - Sav

Edited by Savoy

Very well done, love the detail and meaning. Great job, cant wait to get a few.

Thank you - I appreciate it!

I've been talking to the folks at CnPs... this is were we landed on the finish issue.

There is going to be a full run of the antique silver and Gold/bronze, and a LE of the antique copper which will be my personal signature coin and yes, I will be open to trades for those LEs after the sell of the full production coins is over.

I'll keep you updated... it looks like the Dec. 15th date is still good.

Take care! Savoy

Beautiful coin!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to having these in hand ;)

There was a little problem with word getting out about this pre-sale group from CnPs. I think they might have missed the little email annoucement that goes out when they 'release' a batch.. I didn't even know this pre-sale group was 'out' until it was half over!

Anyway, I hope everyone that wants one will get them. Take care! Savoy

This was fun! Pre-sales are about over and there well enough for a custom icon. (There was no problem with the annoucement BTY, all went as it should have there. PnCs are great to work with - Highly Recommended!)

Thank you to all who liked this coin enough to purchase it. I may do another cultural theme from South America someday, but for now this is it for me.

I'll be contacting those interested in trading for my personal limited ed. (ant.copper) after they arrive in Jan.... I have just a VERY few of these, so I'll be trying for only a very special coin.

Take care! Savoy

Did you ever receive pictures of the samples?

Sadly no, but I didn't push for it, really.

The good news is, I should have the real thing in my hands not too long form now - I believe we are still shipping on the 24-JAN.

Unfortunately for me, I live in Brazil and they are being shipped to my US address :cry: I won't have one to look at until Feb. 9th, when I land in the US.

[/irony]There will be a lot more of you with them 'in hand', way before me. [/irony]

Take care! Savoy

Edited by Savoy

Boy am I jealous! I'm happy they turned out well, and can't wait to REALLY see one myself. I'll be back from Brazil in a couple more weeks - I'd love to see a pic of one of these in someone's hand!! I think it will seem more 'real' to me then.

As I told someone that email me today about the coin, I'm happy you're happy with them. Its a good sign the project turned out well.

I'll be writing about some LE (copper) trades after the 19th of Feb. or so.

Take care! Sav

Boy am I jealous! I'm happy they turned out well, and can't wait to REALLY see one myself. I'll be back from Brazil in a couple more weeks - I'd love to see a pic of one of these in someone's hand!! I think it will seem more 'real' to me then.

As I told someone that email me today about the coin, I'm happy you're happy with them. Its a good sign the project turned out well.

I'll be writing about some LE (copper) trades after the 19th of Feb. or so.

Take care! Sav

Her's mine with some friends!

IMG_NEW-5-1.jpg

ILYK

I got my Unity coin today...why didn't I buy more? It is so beautiful Savoy I wish you could see it in person like we can. Are you getting some sent to you?

Ok heads are going to have to roll ! :D apart from several Pathtags in my mailbox today there was a distinct lack of Unity geocoins!

What's your secret gardengorilla ? Or do you know someone at the post office :)

Ok tomorrow is not that far away ** breath **

Will these coins have their own icon?

Yes, they'll have their own icon... I'm not sure why there is a delay on getting the icon associated with the coin listings, but so far CnPs have been on top of things so I'm not worried about it actually happening.

If it doesn't appear by the end of the initially shipping period, I'll email them and see what the delay might be.

I got my Unity coin today...why didn't I buy more? It is so beautiful Savoy I wish you could see it in person like we can. Are you getting some sent to you?

Thank you, I'm glad you're happy with them!! I'm getting hit hard in the old mail box for folks looking for more coins, so I'm letting a few more go through http://cointracking.com though they'll cost a couple of bucks more now. I noticed a few being released on eBay by "geoCache and release" traders too.

I'm going to see my first one in Real Life when I return to the states Feb. 8th, a little less than two weeks. I JUST CAN'T WAIT. I didn't get too many of the standard finishes, but do have a little collection of the ant.cooper LE which I'm going to use exclusively as RL cache rewards and sig. coins.

Thanks for the love! Savoy

Ok heads are going to have to roll ! :laughing: apart from several Pathtags in my mailbox today there was a distinct lack of Unity geocoins!

What's your secret gardengorilla ? Or do you know someone at the post office :)

First thing I learned when I moved here is that WA stands for 'Wait Awhile' not Western Australia :D

Ok heads are going to have to roll ! :D apart from several Pathtags in my mailbox today there was a distinct lack of Unity geocoins!

What's your secret gardengorilla ? Or do you know someone at the post office :laughing:

First thing I learned when I moved here is that WA stands for 'Wait Awhile' not Western Australia :P

Yay ! I got my package from CnP! :P:D

Oh dear it is not my order :(:P

sigh :) e-mail sent :D:P