User watching, can you find out who it is?

w d c

You could post a note asking whos watching on the cache page then the watchers will get get a mesage in there email , Then hopfully they will PM you.

It could work!!

Ok back in me box.

Andy

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But I've tried it several times and no one has replied once. It is, don't forget, so difficult to send email. I mean, there's the walk to the post office and then the expense of buying a stamp in addition to the difficulty of stringing a sentence together. :ph34r::ph34r:

You could post a note asking whos watching on the cache page then the watchers will get get a mesage in there email , Then hopfully they will PM you.

It could work!!

Ok back in me box.

Andy

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But I've tried it several times and no one has replied once. It is, don't forget, so difficult to send email. I mean, there's the walk to the post office and then the expense of buying a stamp in addition to the difficulty of stringing a sentence together. :ph34r::ph34r:

Well acting as devils advocate there may be good reasons for not replying. For instance some people do not wish to give out their personal email and it is a little tedious to go through the web form process. Most likely, especially for long term watches, the person doesn't even cache any more or has changed mail address.

Yea, like, well, you know, like, innit. Know what I mean, like?

:ph34r:

only if its a premium member cache. Otherwise no.

This explains the occasional practice of putting new caches out as PM - watching who sees it and taking bets on the mad rush to FTF, and then making it open to all-comers!

AFAIK you can't see who is "watching" your PMOC. You can see who has called up the cache page, and when, which is at least equally interesting. :ph34r:

I tend to watch from a private bookmark list. So you don't even know how many people are watching your cache. :ph34r:

Correct... and bookmark lists have "Bulk delete" too. A friend of mine started putting every cache he found on his watchlist. He stopped somewhere around the 1000 mark, but he doesn't want to spend the time clicking through all of them to delete them (especially as he wants to keep 40 or 50). So he has to put up with a volume of self-inflicted spam which defies belief.

In fact if Groundspeak allowed non-Premium Members to have a single bookmark list, and pre-populated it with the current contents of their watchlist, they could probably get rid of the watchlist feature altogether.

Welcome to the forum, wendy0911 :grin:

As others have mentioned, the cache owners will only know it's you watching the cache if it happens to be a "Premium Members Only" cache... and there aren't that many of them about.

BTW, a "Premium Members Only" cache is a restriction that a PM can choose to put on their cache listing which means that it can only be viewed by you if you are a Premium Member. It doesn't mean any and every cache owned by PM.

MrsB

As far as I understand it, you can only find that out by making your cache a PM Only cache. Don't ask me exactly how that works because I've never actually owned a PM Only cache, so I don't know how you view who's looking at it (or has looked at it) if you actually have one....

Someone will explain in detail, I'm sure :grin: ... maybe sTeamTraen or someone will drop back in here...

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

I assumed from the post above my request on how, meant that there was any easy way to see who accessed your cache page but without leaving notes.

there is, but ONLY if the cache is a PM only cache. In that case, as the cache owner, there will be a link called Audit Log on the cache page, which brings up a list of who has viewed your cache.

Can only be demonstrated if you set a PM cache. Try it on your next one if you like - you can always set it to non-PM at any time you like!

To summarise, then, make the cache in question a PM only cache by editing it, and then when you view your own cache listing page, you as the owner get the option to see the audit log (click "Read the audit log" below the cache name on the top left of the page and it gives a list). I have one cache out at the moment and that's PM only. At the moment. I had 40+ others but they went away.