TB window sticker & window defroster

The Hapa Haole

Well, don't delete the real question!

I don't know for certain, but I am pretty sure you should not place the sticker over the defrost wires of the back window.

Sorry, I did that so replies to my question all go to my real OP instead of being split between the two posts because I couldn't see how to delete the post itself.

Yes, I'm thinking the wires will melt the sticker and wanted to know if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks.

I have placed vinyl stickers on the outside of my window with the heating elements under them. I have not encountered a problem. It might pose a problem if you use an inside mount sticker that goes directly on the elements.

Greg

Maybe I can trim a piece off of the sticker to test what the wires will do to it. In the meantime, I'll plan to put the TB on the side window.

Thanks.

I don't know for certain, but I am pretty sure you should not place the sticker over the defrost wires of the back window.

I live in Minnesota, which gets really, really cold. I have placed vinyl decals both on the inside and outside of my rear window, right over the defrost wires and I've never had a problem, ever. Nor has the defrost wires ever damaged my decal(s) in any way.

I live in Minnesota, which gets really, really cold. I have placed vinyl decals both on the inside and outside of my rear window, right over the defrost wires and I've never had a problem, ever. Nor has the defrost wires ever damaged my decal(s) in any way.

Exact same thing here in Northern Quebec. Absolutely no problem with defrosters which get barely warm even when it's relatively warm outside.

Don't worry about your sticker.

Great news - Thanks!

Exact same thing here in Northern Quebec. Absolutely no problem with defrosters which get barely warm even when it's relatively warm outside.

Don't worry about your sticker.

Thanks! Hopefully, it'll arrive soon.

You will have no issues with defrosters. There is not enough heat that comes out of them to do anything. They just get "warm".

That makes sense. They shouldn't get hot because if anyone touches them, like children, it would be a safety hazard. Thanks!

I got my TB today and activated it as TB29R9A.

Edited by The Hapa Haole

I have placed vinyl stickers on the outside of my window with the heating elements under them. I have not encountered a problem. It might pose a problem if you use an inside mount sticker that goes directly on the elements.

Greg

Mine has been on the back window for over a year with no problems.

Gary