COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

Look before you leap--into the intersection that is

6. What was I watching on TV when I wrote these questions?

Because I don't have cble I don't watch tv much so I have no idea what is on those channels. therefore, I will guess that you were watching a baseball game. <_<

Everyone has a blind spot. Please travel so people can see you in their mirrors.

7. How many Geocoins came in my mail on Friday? 13

Have you ever received any Look Twice Coins from me in the mail??

I received an orange bicycle coin from you. I activated it and placed it in a cache owned by a school teacher. The first person who picked it up was the owner of the cache who was going to bicycle with his family from Northern Maine to the coast of Maine then through Canada then back home in northern Maine this summer. He wanted to know where to get them. I told him but let him adopt that one because he wouldn't get his order before they left. Him and his family bicycle every summer and have had many problems so he thought it was nice people was doing something to promote bicycles. It just seemed like that coin was supposed to travel with that family. Some things are just meant to be.

Everyone has a blind spot. Please travel so people can see you in their mirrors.

7. How many Geocoins came in my mail on Friday? 13

Have you ever received any Look Twice Coins from me in the mail??

I received an orange bicycle coin from you. I activated it and placed it in a cache owned by a school teacher. The first person who picked it up was the owner of the cache who was going to bicycle with his family from Northern Maine to the coast of Maine then through Canada then back home in northern Maine this summer. He wanted to know where to get them. I told him but let him adopt that one because he wouldn't get his order before they left. Him and his family bicycle every summer and have had many problems so he thought it was nice people was doing something to promote bicycles. It just seemed like that coin was supposed to travel with that family. Some things are just meant to be.

Good to hear, I couldn't remember if I had.

Use your rear view and side mirrors--they are there for a purpose

7. How many Geocoins came in my mail on Friday?

158 coins

less than a tenth of that

Well I was thinking that you might have gotten a box of more special Look Twice coins! :anitongue:

Wear an approved helmet for your sport. Remember your head is not as hard as the pavenment no matter what your significant other may tell you

You received 12 geocoins in the mail

Use your rear view and side mirrors--they are there for a purpose

158 coins

less than a tenth of that

Well I was thinking that you might have gotten a box of more special Look Twice coins! :anitongue:

Wear an approved helmet for your sport. Remember your head is not as hard as the pavenment no matter what your significant other may tell you

You received 12 geocoins in the mail

Samples for the new order, but not the actual order yet.

Here's the OP from the Todie's Wild Ride II thread which I expect to be closed soon. I was given a choice, close this thread or the new one, we can't have both even though it's for another race. Sad, truly sad, but it's their sandpit, we just get to dance in it.

Last year's Todie's Wild Ride resulted in over 700 coins being released into the wild, many are still raising bike awareness and hopefully will for years to come! The release was a HUGE success, many people have logged that our message has opened their eyes or changed their driving/riding habits or even saved a life or two...WOW! This is exactly the results I had hoped for, well done all! However, in order to keep the message going, in order to continue to reach drivers and riders, why not have another race??

Now I know, the last "race" turned out to be an endless release with a drawing at the end resulting in 20+ winners, we won't follow that path again. This time, there is an entry deadline and this IS a race! The coins will compete for a few catagories which I will announce shortly, but YES, total mileage will be the TOP PRIZE WINNER! ALSO, this thread will NOT host any cointests, we might host one now and again in the still running Todie's Wild Ride thread which will be used to release more coins after the deadline is reached here (NOTE: any coin added AFTER the official deadline of THIS RACE will NOT count in this race, they are merely travelers in the Todie's Wild Ride bike awareness mission)

The rules are the same as last year's, all must be named "Todie's Wild Ride II: (personalized part here)" and all must have a bike awareness message. Remember that we are talking ALL forms of bikes here, motorized or not. Enter as many coins as you wish, the more the better! I will gather up a stockpile of coins to be used as prizes all year, but I already have a few including a 2007 LACKEY coin and an AE Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom personal...maybe a few more too??

Here's the official rules:

Rules:

1) I make the rules, I have final say. It's my ball and...wait, different argument lol!!

2) Coins MUST have their mission mainly to raise awareness of bikes on the road. If you need a suggestion of how to word it, email me and I'll help you! Your coin can be personalized especially if you know someone this strikes close to, but bike awareness MUST be the main message!

3) Coins MUST be titled "Todie's Wild Ride II:" you can personalize after the :, but the quote MUST be first in the title. This is so I will be able to track the coins easier!

4) Coins MUST be newly released between NOW and Sept 30!! The race starts AS SOON as you drop the coin in a cache! There are coins already released into this race, NO COIN was started before July 12th 2009 though!

5) Coins MUST be dropped into a cache to be entered into the race. NO POCKET COINS! Coins must travel or will not be allowed. Any coin deemed not placed in a cache will be removed from person's coin count and disqualified!

6) Coins MUST be posted here upon release so I can watch them travel, I will put all coins on watchlist! Coins MUST be posted here before 10pm Sept 30th (eastern standard time...or my time), any coin NOT listed on time will be disqualified. NO coin can be listed until it is successfully dropped into a cache, so waiting until the last minute is NOT in your best interest!

I reserve the right to add rules as we need them.

Refer to Todie's Wild Ride for the release/recruit cointest going until Sept 12th...already in progress but open to ALL. THESE NEW RELEASE coins are the ones already qualified for this race (as noted in rule #4)

There will be no distracting contests in this thread, this thread is for tracking and commenting on the race ONLY! We will host cointests in the original TWR thread, so please visit there often too!!

AGAIN, this is a RACE!!! Get your coins ready to travel!

Disregard any mention of original thread or such, this is where we are aready :anitongue: The race will go on, even if we're not afforded a new thread for it!

Here's the OP from the Todie's Wild Ride II thread which I expect to be closed soon. I was given a choice, close this thread or the new one, we can't have both even though it's for another race. Sad, truly sad, but it's their sandpit, we just get to dance in it.

Last year's Todie's Wild Ride resulted in over 700 coins being released into the wild, many are still raising bike awareness and hopefully will for years to come! The release was a HUGE success, many people have logged that our message has opened their eyes or changed their driving/riding habits or even saved a life or two...WOW! This is exactly the results I had hoped for, well done all! However, in order to keep the message going, in order to continue to reach drivers and riders, why not have another race??

Now I know, the last "race" turned out to be an endless release with a drawing at the end resulting in 20+ winners, we won't follow that path again. This time, there is an entry deadline and this IS a race! The coins will compete for a few catagories which I will announce shortly, but YES, total mileage will be the TOP PRIZE WINNER! ALSO, this thread will NOT host any cointests, we might host one now and again in the still running Todie's Wild Ride thread which will be used to release more coins after the deadline is reached here (NOTE: any coin added AFTER the official deadline of THIS RACE will NOT count in this race, they are merely travelers in the Todie's Wild Ride bike awareness mission)

The rules are the same as last year's, all must be named "Todie's Wild Ride II: (personalized part here)" and all must have a bike awareness message. Remember that we are talking ALL forms of bikes here, motorized or not. Enter as many coins as you wish, the more the better! I will gather up a stockpile of coins to be used as prizes all year, but I already have a few including a 2007 LACKEY coin and an AE Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom personal...maybe a few more too??

Here's the official rules:

Rules:

1) I make the rules, I have final say. It's my ball and...wait, different argument lol!!

2) Coins MUST have their mission mainly to raise awareness of bikes on the road. If you need a suggestion of how to word it, email me and I'll help you! Your coin can be personalized especially if you know someone this strikes close to, but bike awareness MUST be the main message!

3) Coins MUST be titled "Todie's Wild Ride II:" you can personalize after the :, but the quote MUST be first in the title. This is so I will be able to track the coins easier!

4) Coins MUST be newly released between NOW and Sept 30!! The race starts AS SOON as you drop the coin in a cache! There are coins already released into this race, NO COIN was started before July 12th 2009 though!

5) Coins MUST be dropped into a cache to be entered into the race. NO POCKET COINS! Coins must travel or will not be allowed. Any coin deemed not placed in a cache will be removed from person's coin count and disqualified!

6) Coins MUST be posted here upon release so I can watch them travel, I will put all coins on watchlist! Coins MUST be posted here before 10pm Sept 30th (eastern standard time...or my time), any coin NOT listed on time will be disqualified. NO coin can be listed until it is successfully dropped into a cache, so waiting until the last minute is NOT in your best interest!

I reserve the right to add rules as we need them.

Refer to Todie's Wild Ride for the release/recruit cointest going until Sept 12th...already in progress but open to ALL. THESE NEW RELEASE coins are the ones already qualified for this race (as noted in rule #4)

There will be no distracting contests in this thread, this thread is for tracking and commenting on the race ONLY! We will host cointests in the original TWR thread, so please visit there often too!!

AGAIN, this is a RACE!!! Get your coins ready to travel!

Disregard any mention of original thread or such, this is where we are aready :anitongue: The race will go on, even if we're not afforded a new thread for it!

So if I'm reading this right, the coins I released July 12 are part of the new race and should be re-named Todies Wild Ride II. Is this correct?

Here's kind of a funny but true story of a helmet saving a life.

In Euruka, MT around 1984 a guy came into town and hurried to the local Fish Wildlife & Parks office. He looked rather deshevelled and had some cuts and bruises. Seems he had been riding his Dirt Bike on Rhondo Rd. which is a very narrow, one lane dirt road North East of Eureka about 20 miles and as he rounded a very sharp "blind" corner he ran smack dab into the belly part of a 6 foot Black Bear! He landed on the ground on the right side of the bike and the bear was flat on its side on the left of the bike. They both arose and looked straight into each others eyes and the bear took off at a full run straight up the road. He hopped back on his bike and headed down the opposite direction. He didn't think he hurt the bear since it wasn't limping and he believes because he was wearing his Helmet, and it was what scared the bear the worst, because of its bright colors, the bear didn't attack him! HELMETS SAVE LIVES!!!

8. How many pieces of furniture did I have to unload from the Truck on Friday?

37 (It wasn't Coaster Co. furniture was it?!)

So you're all probably wondering how on earth could Roddy's world get any uglier these days, right? Well, I think I've just about bottomed out, I don't know...I lost my beloved orange today.

We went to do maintenance on a few caches and, after we finished, I placed it on the hood of my Jeep. Well, I forgot to grab it again and drove off. It was several miles before zi realized there wasn't any light coming from where the PN-40 sits and there's where my world began to spin on me. I realized my mistake, but, even while we turned around and drove like a maniac cack to look for it, my trusty orange was gone.

I'm devastated. We were supposed to go on vacation Thursday, might have to cancel that since it was a caching vacation...can't cache without a GPS... I'm sick, I just can't believe how STUPID I was.

Just when you think life can get no worse, reality slaps the (*&^%& out of you again. :anitongue:

So you're all probably wondering how on earth could Roddy's world get any uglier these days, right? Well, I think I've just about bottomed out, I don't know...I lost my beloved orange today.

We went to do maintenance on a few caches and, after we finished, I placed it on the hood of my Jeep. Well, I forgot to grab it again and drove off. It was several miles before zi realized there wasn't any light coming from where the PN-40 sits and there's where my world began to spin on me. I realized my mistake, but, even while we turned around and drove like a maniac cack to look for it, my trusty orange was gone.

I'm devastated. We were supposed to go on vacation Thursday, might have to cancel that since it was a caching vacation...can't cache without a GPS... I'm sick, I just can't believe how STUPID I was.

Just when you think life can get no worse, reality slaps the (*&^%& out of you again. :anitongue:

OMG!!! Rod, I feel terrible for you. I would like to offer you the use of my spare Garmin 60csx until you can replace your beloved orange. I would hate to see you have to cancel your vacation, you really need and deserve it. I can have it packaged and ready to ship first thing in the morning and you can have it in your hands by Wednesday, just say the word...