COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

Back from my little trip and I just found this log on my coin Todies Wild Ride: Wear Protective Gear and Save Your Rear! TB2PC5T

Log Date: 6/13/2009

Taking this one to Ohio to drop off on the Turnpike. Hopefully it will spread your message. Ohio does not have a helmet law for motorcycles. We need people to be aware and look twice for bikes.

Ohio does not have a helmet law for motorcycles????? :o:):lol::laughing:

Yes. Sad, but true! :):)

Will be home later and will get busy!! :)

I received my invoice for the Rod, Tod, w/Kaboom coins today. All paid for and can't wait to get them.

Distractions causes accidents, please pay attention.

I hope to see my AE editions soon....I hear I'm going to LOVE them! A little glitter here, a touch of glow there...NICE!! I will be selling a fewand maybe even using a few as prizes?? Not many available, so it'll be first come first lucky in this case!

Wanted to share a project that I helped organize a bit.

In the Netherlands there is a project called ”National Street Playing Day”. It is a protest from children against the dangers of traffic. It is about joining together as a neighbourhood to get the town council to close your street; for all traffic but walking, for one day and then organizing a children’s party in that street. A lot of communities and towns join in on that day after several years. This year this day was held at the 10th of June.

In addition to that, in 2008, in my neighbourhood people joint together to “reroute” the traffic from some streets in the weekends and parts of the vacations. We put up signs in the streets where a lot of children are playing and have adult paying extra attention in those streets.

The signs look like this.

ChildrenPlaying.jpg

We ask everybody not to drive in the streets that have signs that children are playing in but to take the parallel roads without signs. We distribute letters and place messages in the local paper.

It is working very well in my neighbourhood

I received my invoice for the Rod, Tod, w/Kaboom coins today. All paid for and can't wait to get them.

Distractions causes accidents, please pay attention.

I hope to see my AE editions soon....I hear I'm going to LOVE them! A little glitter here, a touch of glow there...NICE!! I will be selling a fewand maybe even using a few as prizes?? Not many available, so it'll be first come first lucky in this case!

Hmmmm!!!! Do I hear glitter and glow???? WOW!!!! :lol:

You have to post photos when you will receive them!!! :laughing:

Wanted to share a project that I helped organize a bit.

In the Netherlands there is a project called ”National Street Playing Day”. It is a protest from children against the dangers of traffic. It is about joining together as a neighbourhood to get the town council to close your street; for all traffic but walking, for one day and then organizing a children’s party in that street. A lot of communities and towns join in on that day after several years. This year this day was held at the 10th of June.

In addition to that, in 2008, in my neighbourhood people joint together to “reroute” the traffic from some streets in the weekends and parts of the vacations. We put up signs in the streets where a lot of children are playing and have adult paying extra attention in those streets.

The signs look like this.

ChildrenPlaying.jpg

We ask everybody not to drive in the streets that have signs that children are playing in but to take the parallel roads without signs. We distribute letters and place messages in the local paper.

It is working very well in my neighbourhood

WOW!!! That's nice!!!!!! Good job Marit!!!! :laughing:

My latest shipment of Look Twice For Bikes came in today so I activated 9 of them to bring the total coins released to:

600 coins released. :lol:

Don't text and drive, walk or ride a bike. Please pay attention.

600!!!!! That's a great number!!!

I am sure we will go more that that, but I was thinking... what is the record in the nuber of coins that have been realised for a reason, a race etc? Why I have the feeling that we are holding this record??? :o

We may have or we are close to the participant number record!!! :laughing:

ride safely!!

My latest shipment of Look Twice For Bikes came in today so I activated 9 of them to bring the total coins released to:

600 coins released. :laughing:

Wow, isn't that great :lol:

And I am so honored to be a part of it!!!

WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOW

CONGRATS ALL, you all deserve a big pat on the back! I am amazed at this, it's a great thing!

Now multiply all those coins by all the discoveries, retrievals and drops that they have had already and will have in the future and you realize what Roddy started has snowballed into something huge. It has indeed been a Wild Ride and a safer one for those who get the message.

Pay Attention Save a Life

Wow! That is an amazing number of coins out there :lol::o

*** Look Twice, Save a Life ***

COINTEST….COINTEST…COINTEST!!!!! STAGE 4!!!!!!

Time for the last step before the final! :) So... last chance to enter!!! :laughing:

All the winners of the stages will play in the final where a last questin and the most difficult in this cointest is waiting! The first to find the correct answer will win the race coin! :)

RULES:

1) Every post must have a safety motto! If there is no safety motto, your post, even if it is correct, will not count!!!!

2) No back to back posts! You will have to wait for someone else to post so you can post again!

3) No editing your post! Do not worry about spelling mistakes etc! I am making more mistakes! Post with edit will be disqualified!

4) Choose correct what question you will answer!!!

*** IF YOU FIND ONE ANSWER, YOU CAN NOT POST FOR THE OTHER QUESTIONS!

Sorry for this, but I hope that with that way we will have 12 final players for the final question!

If by the way you will find an other question before I post that you found the correct answer in an other one… one entry will count and someone else may repost! So… search, do not just guess, and pay attention!

5) Hints will be given if you find difficulties! Most probably in the last one!

6) Rules may change during the game! I hope for your understanding! This is my first cointest!

7) When the first stage will finish, the other will come! Not immediately! Maybe after some hours so many can play!

8) Do not answer only parts of each question! Answer it all!

I am wishing to all of you good luck and once again I hope you will have fun!!!

*** Stage 1 winners (Maine family, LadyBee4T, Catsnfish), Stage 2 winners (sunsetmeadowlark, Snowball58, SgtMikal) and Stage3 winners (E&Cplus3, JohnMac56, Sivota) are already in the finals so... I am sorry but will have to watch! :)

The first who will have post the correct answer will go to the final! PLEASE, read carefuly what I want so you will not miss anything, or left a part unanswered!

Do not forget your safety phrase!!!! :)

ride safely and good luck to all!!!

QUESTIONS:

1) Rhodes was famous in arts too! as an island it has one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world! what is was? Please give details about it! Why it was made, how long it survived, size... and what happent to this wonder??

One of the 7 wisemen of the ancient times was from Rhodes island too! Who was and from where exactly was?? ANSWERED!!!

2) During Medieval times, we had Crusaders here! they are known as Knights of Rhodes! From when until when they were here, after they left where they went and actually what happent to them? Are they still exist??? these knights where from many countries! we use to call them tongues! From how many tongues they were and please name them!

HINT: In medieval times, countries were not like nowdays! some were united and we have the countires we know now!!! :lol:

3) Since Rhodes had it all, great mythology, great history, great medieval times... why not have its own Dragon??? Oh yes! Rhodes had a dragon!!!!

Please Post the story of the dragon and how it was killed! Who killed it... what happent to the guy who killed it, and what actually was this dragon??? :) Hmm...how this thing came here???:o:DANSWERED!!!

I am bringing the cointest in the new page! Question 2 needs an answer!! :)

so... anyone??? :D

Ride safely!!!

Time for the last step before the final! :) So... last chance to enter!!! :lol:

All the winners of the stages will play in the final where a last questin and the most difficult in this cointest is waiting! The first to find the correct answer will win the race coin! :)

RULES:

1) Every post must have a safety motto! If there is no safety motto, your post, even if it is correct, will not count!!!!

2) No back to back posts! You will have to wait for someone else to post so you can post again!

3) No editing your post! Do not worry about spelling mistakes etc! I am making more mistakes! Post with edit will be disqualified!

Sorry for this, but I hope that with that way we will have 12 final players for the final question!

If by the way you will find an other question before I post that you found the correct answer in an other one… one entry will count and someone else may repost! So… search, do not just guess, and pay attention!

6) Rules may change during the game! I hope for your understanding! This is my first cointest!

7) When the first stage will finish, the other will come! Not immediately! Maybe after some hours so many can play!

*** Stage 1 winners (Maine family, LadyBee4T, Catsnfish), Stage 2 winners (sunsetmeadowlark, Snowball58, SgtMikal) and Stage3 winners (E&Cplus3, JohnMac56, Sivota) are already in the finals so... I am sorry but will have to watch! :)

The first who will have post the correct answer will go to the final! PLEASE, read carefuly what I want so you will not miss anything, or left a part unanswered!

QUESTIONS:

1) Rhodes was famous in arts too! as an island it has one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world! what is was? Please give details about it! Why it was made, how long it survived, size... and what happent to this wonder??

One of the 7 wisemen of the ancient times was from Rhodes island too! Who was and from where exactly was?? ANSWERED!!!

2) During Medieval times, we had Crusaders here! they are known as Knights of Rhodes! From when until when they were here, after they left where they went and actually what happent to them? Are they still exist??? these knights where from many countries! we use to call them tongues! From how many tongues they were and please name them!

HINT: In medieval times, countries were not like nowdays! some were united and we have the countires we know now!!! :o

3) Since Rhodes had it all, great mythology, great history, great medieval times... why not have its own Dragon??? Oh yes! Rhodes had a dragon!!!!

Please Post the story of the dragon and how it was killed! Who killed it... what happent to the guy who killed it, and what actually was this dragon??? :) Hmm...how this thing came here???:):DANSWERED!!!

I am bringing the cointest in the new page! Question 2 needs an answer!! :D

Ride safely!!!

Sitting on my hands over here. It is an easy to find answer!!!! :laughing:

Anticipate while driving/riding!!!

Time for the last step before the final! :) So... last chance to enter!!! :lol:

RULES:

QUESTIONS:

HINT: In medieval times, countries were not like nowdays! some were united and we have the countires we know now!!! :o

Please Post the story of the dragon and how it was killed! Who killed it... what happent to the guy who killed it, and what actually was this dragon??? :D Hmm...how this thing came here???:):DANSWERED!!!

I am bringing the cointest in the new page! Question 2 needs an answer!! :D

Ride safely!!!

Sitting on my hands over here. It is an easy to find answer!!!! :laughing:

Anticipate while driving/riding!!!

I have the answer to #2! I have a seeking list! :)

Just kidding. The answer is not hard to find.

Your first passenger should ALWAYS be an experienced rider!

Motorcycle Safety Site

Let's go for 100 more. :D

Stay Alert and Stay Save!!!!

I have to get some more Look Twice For Bikes. Then I can help get to the next hundred. I even activated my orange ones and sent them out. I don't even have one in my collection.

Anyone have any coins to add to the list?

We share the road. Please pay attention. Distractions causes accidents.

I have to get some more Look Twice For Bikes. Then I can help get to the next hundred. I even activated my orange ones and sent them out. I don't even have one in my collection.

I've got a couple that I need to activate, but time has been at a premium (Jr Mikal #1 turned 8 yesterday, so parties and caching days abounded recently). I hope to have them activated and ready for Rod to release this week.

Has anyone heard how he's doing, BTW?

Be careful. Take your time. Look twice. Do all of these, and you could save several lives!

I've got a couple that I need to activate, but time has been at a premium (Jr Mikal #1 turned 8 yesterday, so parties and caching days abounded recently). I hope to have them activated and ready for Rod to release this week.

Look twice for bikes.

Look twice for bikes.

Has anyone heard how he's doing, BTW?

Be careful. Take your time. Look twice. Do all of these, and you could save several lives!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SON! Haven't heard how Rod or his family is doing. Maybe he will be on tonight. Look twice for bikes.

Edited by Maine Family

I'm here! Dad came home from the hospital yesterday, he is in some serious pain, but no cast! He wanted to go to work today, but the pain was too much...we wish he'd stay away for a bit, but the work is what he enjoys and who'd try to stop him from having fun?

I'm very busy these days, just home from work and needing to get something on the table to eat! I hope to be able to come back later and figure out who I owe a coin to, plus I want to host a cointest in a separate thread...to celebrate our 600th coin being released! I also need to write a piece for my column...so much to do, so little time!

One thing I have been watching, our message is being spread far and wide!! I see coins in several countries across the world, many are quite active! I KNOW we're making a difference, so I will be hosting another coin release very soon....horde up those cheap coins guys, could win you a 2007 LACKEY!! The push is on for 700, I would LOVE to see this before Tod's birthday! :D

:) Well I do not think I have any chance for the lackey! I already have 2, (I hope one to trade it for a 2005 Lackey, but I do not think...), but the reason is that the coin that had the biggest number of miles in my travellers is not longer out! I think it is gone.... :D Well...at least I hope it spread tis message! :D

WOW! Today I went for an afternoon geocaching! I found one cache in an excellent place in Lindos! I was there on Sunday too, but it was too late and we went only at half way! It got dark and we couldn't even see the path! In some places it was dangerous because we were passing close to a clif! We didn't have many things with us becasue we were actually returning from the beach when we desided to go there! I had seen that in the cache there was a non trackable and extremelly beautiful coin, an alaska 2005 coin, but today when I went there, the coin was gone! there were 2 logs on Sunday, and I have the feeling that I had seen these 2 geocachers! they were returning when we were taking photos! :D 2 ladies from england! :D

I was a little sad that I didn't had the chance to see that coin from close, but inside I found 2 pins from oakcoins, a DNF glow and a pin I didn't know, a copper round pin with the G symbol of geocaching! I trade for them and I got them! After that we went for a night swim in Lindos! Lovely and hot day, lovely and great night!!! We left from there at 11 o'clock at night and went for pizza in Charaki, a place close to Lindos!!! Oh boy..... and I say that I am on a diet!!! :D

I returned home about an hour ago, and right now it is 2:16 in the morning!!! :D That was fun! One more cache to go to 25 finds! That's a milestone for me! the next one the 50 will be very difficult to reach from here! :)

Oh...I forgot to mention that on the way, I found an old British coin, a 1/2 penny from 1980, and a fossil sea shell! It was in the mountain! :)

In case you want to see the view I saw from the cache, I will post a photo that is in the cache page! It is not my photo!!!

kleovoulosviewfromthecache.jpg

So... isn't a place to love?????? :anicute:

Ride safely!!!! :)

:) Well I do not think I have any chance for the lackey! I already have 2, (I hope one to trade it for a 2005 Lackey, but I do not think...), but the reason is that the coin that had the biggest number of miles in my travellers is not longer out! I think it is gone.... :D Well...at least I hope it spread tis message! :D

WOW! Today I went for an afternoon geocaching! I found one cache in an excellent place in Lindos! I was there on Sunday too, but it was too late and we went only at half way! It got dark and we couldn't even see the path! In some places it was dangerous because we were passing close to a clif! We didn't have many things with us becasue we were actually returning from the beach when we desided to go there! I had seen that in the cache there was a non trackable and extremelly beautiful coin, an alaska 2005 coin, but today when I went there, the coin was gone! there were 2 logs on Sunday, and I have the feeling that I had seen these 2 geocachers! they were returning when we were taking photos! :D 2 ladies from england! :D

I was a little sad that I didn't had the chance to see that coin from close, but inside I found 2 pins from oakcoins, a DNF glow and a pin I didn't know, a copper round pin with the G symbol of geocaching! I trade for them and I got them! After that we went for a night swim in Lindos! Lovely and hot day, lovely and great night!!! We left from there at 11 o'clock at night and went for pizza in Charaki, a place close to Lindos!!! Oh boy..... and I say that I am on a diet!!! :D

I returned home about an hour ago, and right now it is 2:16 in the morning!!! :D That was fun! One more cache to go to 25 finds! That's a milestone for me! the next one the 50 will be very difficult to reach from here! :)

Oh...I forgot to mention that on the way, I found an old British coin, a 1/2 penny from 1980, and a fossil sea shell! It was in the mountain! :)

In case you want to see the view I saw from the cache, I will post a photo that is in the cache page! It is not my photo!!!

kleovoulosviewfromthecache.jpg

So... isn't a place to love?????? :anicute:

Ride safely!!!! :)

Wow! What a view. Hope number 25 is just as breath taking. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Thanks for showing us.

No rolling stops. Come to a complete stop.

I'm here! Dad came home from the hospital yesterday, he is in some serious pain, but no cast! He wanted to go to work today, but the pain was too much...we wish he'd stay away for a bit, but the work is what he enjoys and who'd try to stop him from having fun?

I'm very busy these days, just home from work and needing to get something on the table to eat! I hope to be able to come back later and figure out who I owe a coin to, plus I want to host a cointest in a separate thread...to celebrate our 600th coin being released! I also need to write a piece for my column...so much to do, so little time!

Glad your father was able to come home from the hospital. Having fun gets his mind off the pain and all that is happening. So hope he is able to go to work soon.

How is the geopigs doing?

Keep your mind on what you are doing. It takes just a split second for an accident to happen.

Edited by Maine Family

Your dad home! That is good news and yes, having fun is probably the most important thing right now.

Rod: take your time and take care.

Not seeing well; get your eyes tested !!!. Make things saver for yourself and for others!!!

I'm so glad he has been able to come home! Peace be with you, Brother!

Share the road!

Gatoulis, have you decided how you'll be doing the final?

Look twice for bikes!

If my count is correct...and who knows if it is lol, THIS would be the winning post!!! Coin info coming my friend!!

Also, looking for someone to host a few cointests in the near future. I don't care what the cointest as long as we remember to add the safety phrases, just want to get a few more coins into circulation! Anyone interested, please PM me...if more than one is interested, maybe we'll get a few cointests up and running soon! All I need is someone to actually host and monitor the cointests, I will send the coin info out!

The Geopigs are OK, life goes on! I want to meet up with Sally very soon, maybe this afternoon even! I have a PILE of coins I need to get to her so they can FINALLY hit the roads!!

Lights On For Safety.

Not sure if it was answered but just in case it wasn't.....

#1. From its building to its destruction lies a time span of merely 56 years. Yet the colossus of rhodes earned a place in the famous list of Wonders. "But even lying on the ground, it is a marvel", said Pliny the Elder. The Colossus of Rhodes was not only a gigantic statue. It was rather a symbol of unity of the people who inhabited that beautiful Mediterranean island -- Rhodes.

Location of the Colosus

At the entrance of the harbor of the Mediterranean island of Rhodes in Greece.

History of the Colosus

Throughout most of its history, ancient Greece was comprised of city-states which had limited power beyond their boundary. On the small island of Rhodes were three of these: Ialysos, Kamiros, and Lindos. In 408 BC, the cities united to form one territory, with a unified capital, Rhodes. The city thrived commercially and had strong economic ties with their main ally, Ptolemy I Soter of Egypt. In 305 BC, the Antigonids of Macedonia who were also rivals of the Ptolemies, besieged Rhodes in an attempt to break the Rhodo-Egyptian alliance. They could never penetrate the city. When a peace agreement was reached in 304 BC, the Antagonids lifted the siege, leaving a wealth of military equipment behind. To celebrate their unity, the Rhodians sold the equipment and used the money to erect an enormous statue of their sun god, Helios.

The construction of the Colossus took 12 years and was finished in 282 BC. For years, the statue stood at the harbor entrance, until a strong earthquake hit Rhodes about 226 BC. The city was badly damaged, and the Colossus was broken at its weakest point -- the knee. The Rhodians received an immediate offer from Ptolemy III Eurgetes of Egypt to cover all restoration costs for the toppled monument. However, an oracle was consulted and forbade the re-erection. Ptolemy's offer was declined.

For almost a millennium, the statue laid broken in ruins. In AD 654, the Arabs invaded Rhodes. They disassembled the remains of the broken Colossus and sold them to a Jew from Syria. It is said that the fragments had to be transported to Syria on the backs of 900 camels.

Description of the Colossus

Let us first clear a misconception about the appearance of the Colossus. It has long been believed that the Colossus stood in front of the Mandraki harbor, one of many in the city of Rhodes, straddling its entrance. Given the height of the statue and the width of the harbor mouth, this picture is rather impossible than improbable. Moreover, the fallen Colossus would have blocked the harbor entrance. Recent studies suggest that it was erected either on the eastern promontory of the Mandraki harbor, or even further inland. Anyway, it did never straddle the harbor entrance.

The project was commissioned by the Rhodian sculptor Chares of Lindos. To build the statue, his workers cast the outer bronze skin parts. The base was made of white marble, and the feet and ankle of the statue were first fixed. The structure was gradually erected as the bronze form was fortified with an iron and stone framework. To reach the higher parts, an earth ramp was built around the statue and was later removed. When the colossus was finished, it stood about 33 m (110 ft) high. And when it fell, "few people can make their arms meet round the thumb", wrote Pliny.

Although we do not know the true shape and appearance of the Colossus of rhodes, modern reconstructions with the statue standing upright are more accurate than older drawings. Although it disappeared from existence, the ancient World Wonder inspired modern artists such as French sculptor Auguste Bartholdi best known by his famous work: The Statue of Liberty.

:( My dear friend Opalsns!

the only question that is unanswered in Satge 4, is the question 2!

Here is the question so you will not have to search! :(

HINT: In medieval times, countries were not like nowdays! some were united and we have the countires we know now!!!

I hope you will try it! :)

About Colossus...good job! :D

ride safely!

Todie's Wild Ride: Bike Awareness

1) Crowesfeat30

1) Todies Wild Ride: For my brother Tom

2) Todies Wild Ride: For my brother Jim

2) Strider

1) Todies Wild Ride: In Memory of Bob & Buzzy

3) Usyoopers

1) Todie's Wild Ride-Pre Tip Trips

2) Todie's Wild Ride-Tips For That Highway Ride

3) Todie's Wild Ride-Rolling Stop Kills...Practice Stopping

4) Todie's Wild Ride:Can You See Me Now?

5) Todie's Wild Ride; Lettuce Stay Safe

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Safety First

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Easy Bicycle Tips

8) Todie's Wild Ride: Be A Safe Biker!

9) Todie's Wild Ride: Motorcycle Safety Tips

10) Todie's Wild Ride:For the Love of Safety!

11) Todie's Wild Ride:Safety First!

12) Todie's Wild Ride: Visibility Helps!

13) Todie's Wild Ride:Share the Road!

14) Todie's Wild Ride: usyoopers talk to the motorists

15) Todie's Wild Ride: Bike Smart!

16) Todie's Wild Ride- Bicycle Safety Tips

17) Todie's Wild Ride: The Stakes are High!

18) Todie's Wild Ride: Can we share the road?

19) Todie's Wild Ride: For the Record-

20) Todie's Wild Ride:Motorcycle Awareness

21) Todie's Wild Ride: Betting on Safety

22) Todie's Wild Ride: When crashes might occur...

23) Todie's Wild Ride: Why don't they see me?

24) Todie's Wild Ride: usyoopers harping on safety

25) Todie's Wild Ride:advice from usyoopers

26) Todie's Wild Ride: Awareness!

27) Todie's Wild Ride: Stay Alert!

28) Todie's Wild Ride: usyoopers talk about motorcycle safety

29) Todie's Wild Ride: Time to Ride Safely

30) Todie's Wild Ride: usyoopers' visibility tips

31) Todie's Wild Ride: Watch out for motorists!

32) Todie's Wild Ride:usyoopers want you safe!

33) Todie's Wild Ride: Don't get in a Pickle!

34) Todie's Wild Ride: Some Tricks to keep you Safe!

35) Todie's Wild Ride: Attention all Motorists!

36) Todie's Wild Ride: A safety message-

37) Todie's Wild Ride: 3 Tips for Drivers

38) Todie's Wild Ride: Ain't Life Sweet!

39) Todie's Wild Ride: Calling for Safety

40) Todie's Wild Ride: When crashes may occur

41) Todie's Wild Ride: Small steps for safety

42) Todie's Wild Ride: The Key to Safety

43) Todie's Wild Ride: Drive to Survive

44) Todie's Wild Ride: Ready to Ride?

45) Todie's Wild Ride: Celebrate the Safe Ride

46) Todie's Wild Ride: I'ld rather be biking!

47) Todie's Wild Ride: Where is the No-Zone?

48) Todie's Wild Ride: Triple Wisdom

49) Todie's Wild Ride: Dealing you a safety tip

50) Todie's Wild Ride: Drive to Survive

51) Todie's Wild Ride:How Close is To Close?

52) Todie's Wild Ride: Sweet Idea's For You

53) Todie's Wild Ride: Share your tips!

54) Todie's Wild Ride: Common Sense

55) Todie's Wild Ride: Is your bike up for the job?

56) Todie's Wild Ride: Happy Riding!

57) Todie's Wild Ride: Wear that Helmet!

58) Todie's Wild Ride: Practice!

59) Todie's Wild Ride: Protect Yourself!

60) Todie's Wild Ride: Where are you?

61) Todie's Wild Ride: 7 Safety Tips

62) Todie's Wild Ride: Tips from usyoopers

63) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads can be Scary!

64) Todie's Wild Ride: Be Aware of Where You are

65) Todie's Wild Ride: Use Your Head!

66) Todie's Wild Ride: Tips To Get Ready To Ride

67) Todie's Wild Ride: No Beans About It......Safety First!

68) Todie's Wild Ride: Listen Up Bikers

69) Todie's Wild Ride: Intersection Safety

70) Todie's Wild Ride: IBNOT crashen!

71) Todie's Wild Ride: An Elephant Never Forgets Safety

72) Todie's Wild Ride: 4 Easy Safety Tips

73) Todie's Wild Ride: Rules of the Road

74) Todie's Wild Ride: Read All About It!!

75) Todie's Wild Ride-I Found The Secret

76) Todie's Wild Ride-5 Ways To Dump Your Bike

77) Todie's Wild Ride: When You Are On The Road

78) Todie's Wild Ride-How To Be A Super Biker

79) Todie's Wild Ride-Where Are Your Toes?

80) Todie's Wild Ride- 5 More Ways To Dump Your Bike

81) Todie's Wild Ride- A Tip For The car Drivers Out There

82) Todie's Wild Ride- Listen To The Goblin!

83) Todie's Wild Ride-Even More Ways To Dump Your Bike

84) Todie's Wild Ride-Usyoopers Here With A Few Safety Tips

85) Todie's Wild Ride-10 Safety Tips From Usyoopers

86) Todie's Wild Ride 10 Things Usyoopers Wants All Car And Truck Drivers To Know

87) Todie's Wild Ride-Why Look Twice?

88) Todie's Wild Ride: Look How Many Times??

89) Todie's Wild Ride-Riding In The Rain?

90) Todie's Wild Ride- Getting Ready For The Ride

91) Todie's Wild Ride: Street Survival-On The Road

92) Todie's Wild Ride-Where Is The No Zone??

93) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride With A Great Attitude

94) Todie's Wild Ride: Pure. Good Tip!

95) Todie's Wild Ride: 5 Way To Save Your Life

96) Todie's Wild Ride-Use Your Head

97) Todie's Wild Ride- 5 More Ways To Save Your Life

98) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice!

99) Todie's Wild Ride-Share The Road

100) Todie's Wild Road; Road Hazards

101) Todie's Wild Ride-Think Safety

102) Todie's Wild Ride-Small Doesn't Mean Invisible!

103) Todie's Wild Ride-Quick Tips For Motorists

104) Todie's Wild Ride-Motorcycle Myth #2

105) Todie's Wild Ride-Tips To Keep Motorcyclists Safe

106) Todie's Wild Ride-Motorcyclists Have Responsibilities Too!

107) Todie's Wild Ride-Another Motorcycle Myth

108) Todie's Wild Ride-Bicyclists-Where Do You Ride?

109) Todie's Wild Ride-More Tips For Motorists

110) Todie's Wild Ride-Bikers- Be Visible!

111) Todie's WIld Ride-Because Of Its Small Size....

112) Todie's Wild Ride: Motorcycle Myth #3

113) Todie's Wild Ride-Drivers, Can You See Me?

114) Todie's Wild Ride-Tips For Riding Your Motorcycle Safely

115) Todie's Wild Ride-Look Twice!

116 Todie's Wild Ride-Motorcycle Myth #1

117) Todie's Wild Ride-Motorcycle Helmet Myth #1

118) Todie's Wild Ride-Motorcycle Helmet Myth #2

119) Todie's Wild Ride-Motorcycle Safety Facts

120) Todie's Wild Ride: Remember...

121) Todie's Wild Ride: Bikers Be Visible

122) Todie's Wild Ride: Bicycle Safety Tips

123) Todie's Wild Ride-Be Visible

124) Todie's Wild Ride-Know Your Bike

125) Todie's Wild Ride-Hey, Drivers!

126) Todie's Wild Ride-Biker's What Do You See?

127) Todie's Wild Ride-All Drivers Can Help!

128) Todie's Wild Ride-Hey Bikers, Help The Motorist See You!

129) Todie's Wild Ride- Wear A Helmet... Save Your Life!

130) Todie's Wild Ride-5 Key Points To Safe Riding

131) Todie's Wild Ride-I Should Of Realized...

132) Todie's Wild Ride-How To Safely Carry A Passenger

133) Todie's Wild Ride-Loading Your Bike For The Ride

134) Todie's Wild Ride-What Is The T-Clock Inspection?

135) Todie's Wild Ride-10 Things All Drivers Should Know

136) Todie's Wild Ride-Biker Angel

4) Solan109

1) Todie's Wild Ride

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes Geocoin In Sweden

5) Rockin Roddy

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Are You Paying Attention?

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Be aware of bikes!

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Save Lives

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Bikes have rights too!

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Look for bikes!!

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Maintain Your Bike

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Please Arrive Safely

8) Todie's Wild Ride: Please drive carefully!

9) Todie's Wild Ride: Protect yourself!

10) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Defensively

11) Todie's Wild Ride: Slow down!

12) Todie's Last Ride!

13) Todie's Traveling Gold

14) Sally's TRIBUTE to Tod Copper!

15) Todie's Wild Ride: Here Comes Todie!!

16) Todie's Wild Ride: Todie Rides Again!

17) Todie's Wild Ride: Enjoy Your Ride Tod!

18) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Like You Know Something

6) TeamAmaroo

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Driving Tips 1-4

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Driving Tips 5-8

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Driving Tips 9-12

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Two Wheels And A Prayer

7) carrye66

1) Todie's Wild Ride

8) Maine Family

1) Todie's Wild Ride: In Loving Memory

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Remembering Tod

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Sharing The Road

4) Todie's Wild Ride: The Biker

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Don't Let This Happen To You

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Share the Road

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Vic-Biker's Story

8) Todie's Wild Ride: Spreading Bike Awareness

9) Todies Wild Ride! Please Pay Attention

10) Todies Wild Ride: Ten Commandments

11) Todie's Wild Ride: Paying It Forward For Bike Awareness

12) Todie's Wild Ride: Accidents Can Be Prevented By Paying Attention

13) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice And Please Pay Attention

14) Todie's Wild Ride: Let's Make 2009 A Safer Year On The Road

15) Todie's Wild Ride: Stay Safe

16) Todie's Wild Ride: Coins For A Cause

17) Todie's Wild Ride: How's Your Driving?

18) Todie's Wild Ride: Paying It Forward For Bike Awareness 2

19) Todie's Wild Ride: Pay It Forward For Bike Awareness

20) Todie's ild Ride; In A Split Second

21) Todie's Wild Ride; Thank You

22) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are For Everyone

23) Todie's Wild Ride: You Too Can Help

24) Todie's Wild Ride: Help Spread Bike Awareness

25) Todie's Wild Ride: Watch Out For The Other Guy

26) Todie's WIld Ride: Keep The Highways Safe

27) Todie's Wild Ride: You Are Someone Special

28) Todie's Wild Ride; Sharing The Road

29) Todie's Wild Ride; The Roads Are For Everyone(1)

30) Todie's Wild Ride; The Roads Are For Everyone(2)

31) Todie's Wild Ride; The Roads Are For Everyone(3)

32) Todie's Wild Ride; The Roads Are For Everyone(4)

33) Todie's Wild Ride; The Roads Are For Everyone(5)

34) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are For Everyone (6)

35) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are For Everyone (7)

36) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are For Everyone (8)

37) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are For Everyone (9)

38) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are For Everyone (10)

39) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are For Everyone (11)

40) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are for Everyone (12)

41) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are For Everyone (13)

42) Todie's Wild Ride: The Roads Are For Everyone (14)

9) xboxcrazy33

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Motorcycle Awareness Geocoin

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Please Pay Attention!

10) Nurse Nanna

1) Todie's Wild Ride: my friend

2) Todie's Wild Ride

11) LadyBee4T

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Safe

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Be Aware

3) Todie's Wild Ride: This One's For Patrick

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Protect Your Head

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Save A Life, Look Twice!!

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Be Watchful

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Are Cool!

8) Todie's Wild Ride: Biker Awareness Around the World

9) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Are a Biker's Best Friend

10) Todie's Wild Ride: Biker Awareness Across the USA

11) Todie's Wild Ride-Wear Your Helmet When Rididng--Portez Votre Casque en Montant

12) Todie's Wild Ride: Biker's Are Friends

13) Todie's Wild Ride; Find A Biker

14) Todie's Wld Ride; Count Those Bikes!!

15) Todie's Wild Ride: Happy Riding And Don't Be Scared

16) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Are Cool II!!

17) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice & Share The Road

18) Todie's Wild Ride: Have A Heart & Watch Out For Bikes

19) Todie's Wild Ride: Wear Protective Gear And save Your Rear!

20) Todie's Wild Ride: A Fraction Of A Second

21) Todie's Wild Ride-Ride And Drive Safely

12) puzzlefam

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Motorcycle Awareness Geocoin

13) mousekakat

1) Todie's Wild Ride! Rockin Roddy's Cachestalkers Geocoin

2) Todie's Wild Ride! Rockin Roddy's Cachestalkers Geocoin

3) Todie's wild ride!

14) 8ball9ball

1) Todie's Wild Ride; Safety First

2) KES;Todie's Wild Ride

15) SYOTT

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Live to ride, Ride to live

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Live To Ride, Ride To Live

16) GATOULIS

1) Todie's Wild Ride: We are all equal on the road!!!

2) Todie's Wild Ride: safety comes first!

3) Todie's Wild Ride: "Look Twice For Bikes, You Could Save A Life"

4) Todie's Wild Ride: No more blood on the roads!

5) Todie's Wild Ride: I saw you...but you didn't see me!! ...The Biker poem!!!

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Bikes Have Every Right A Car Does, Please Share The Road!

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Stop driving Distracted, Look For Bikes!

8) Todie's Wild Ride:Bike Awareness (Greece)

9) Todie's Wild Ride-Look Twice For Bikes, Respect All Who Are Sharing The Road With You!

10) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes! Gatoulis :-)

11) Todie's Wild Ride: Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

12) Todie's Wild Ride: Safety On Roads...From The Island Of Rhodes! :(

13) Todie's Wild Ride: Stop Driving Distracted!!!

14) Todie's Wild Ride: Keep Your Head In a Helmet

15) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Safely!!!

16) Todie's Wild Ride: Bike Awareness Jeep-Coin

17) Todie's Wild Ride; Gatoulis, Q. Treiber Geocoin

18) Todie's Wild Ride: Gatoulis Racer Coin

19) Todie's Wild Ride: World Famous Travelling Geocoin

20) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Safely, Enjoy Life

17) Sivota

1) Todie's Wild Ride; Bike Awareness geocoin (NL)

2) Todie's Wild Ride; Flower of Life (NL)

3) Todie's Wild Ride; Real Adventurer Geocoin (NL1)

4) Todie's Wild Ride; Look Twice For Bikes

5) Todie's Wild Ride, You Could Save A Life Geocoin (NL2)

6) Todie's Wild Ride; Dutch Geocoin 2006

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes, You Could Save A Life Geocoin (NL3)

8) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes, You Could Save A Life Geocoin (NL4)

9) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes, You Could Save A Life Geocoin (NL5)

10) Todie's WIld Ride; Look Twice For Bikes, You Could Save A Life Geocoin (NL6)

11) Todie's Wild Ride; "Rolling Stops Kill"! Geocoin (NL7)

12) Todie's Wild Ride; Wingfriends The Netherlands Geocoin

13) Todie's Wild Ride; Cache Effect Geocoin

14) Todie's Wild Ride; Flower Of Life Geocoin (2)

15) Todie's Wild Ride; Muenster Fahrrad Geocoin 2008

16) Todie's WIld Ride: Look Twice Geocoin (6)

17) Todie's Wild RIde; BikeDog Geocoin

18) Todie's Wild Ride; Look Twice Geocoin For Bikes (NL8)

19) Todie's Wild Ride and Jerry Pates; Bike Awareness Geocoin (NL)

20) Todie's Wild Ride; Geniet, maar Pas Op Geocoin

21) Todie's Wild Ride; Geniet, maar Pas Op Geocoin (2)

22) Todie's Wild Rid; Emergency Response Geocoin

23) Todie's Wild Ride; Geniet Maar Pas Op Geocoin (3)

24) Todie's Wild Ride; Bike Awareness For Drivers Geocoin

25) Todie's Wild Ride; Look Twice, You Might Save A Life

26) Todie's Wild Ride; Geniet Maar Pas Op Geocoin (4)

27) Todie's Wild Ride; Remember Tod and Jerry Geocoin

28) Todie's Wild Ride: Stay Alert Geocoin

18) fossillady

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Mountain roads

19) SgtMikal

1) Todie's Wild Ride - SgtMikal

2) Todie's Wild Ride: SgtMikal's Signal Geocoin-Apr 06

3) Todie's WIld Ride-Kelly's Look Twice Geocoin

4) Todie's Wild Ride- The Virtue Coin

5) Todie's Wild Ride- Sgt Mikal's Hogwild World Famous Traveling Geocoin

6) Todie's Wild Ride-SgtMikal's 1st 4F's Geocoin

7) Todie's Wild Ride-SgtMikal's 2nd 4F's Geocoin

8) Todie's Wild Ride-SgtMikal's 3rd 4F's Geocoin

20) A Mitt

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Terry's coin

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Motorcycle Awareness

21) sdkonkle

1) Todie's Wild Ride: The Biker Poem

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Following Distance

22) WRITE SHOP ROBERT

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Reminder on a Red Bike

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Wear Gloves

3) Todie's Wild Ride-Looking For Bikes

4) Todie's Wild Ride... What Is It??

5) Todie's Wild Ride... What Is It??

5) Todie's Wild Ride... What Is It??

6) Todie's Wild Ride... What Is It??

7) Todie's Wild Ride... What Is It??

23) Kohavis

1) Todie's Wild Ride - Kohavis Sidecar

24) MrHollick

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Save Lives

25) hiker24

1) Todie's Wild Ride: 10 Commandments of Geo-Caching

26) fairyhoney

1) Todies Wild Ride - Fairyhoney's "TEN Commandments of Biking

2) Todie"s WiLD Ride - Fairyhoney's Be AWARE

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Fairyhoney's Todie's Ride-Are You Ready???

4) Fairyhoney's Todie's Wild Ride: In Loving Memory Of Tod

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Fairyhoney's Spirit Ryder

27) TropicalParadise

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Bike Awareness

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Watch The Road!!

28) surteb

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Protect Your Head

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Shine the Light

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Share The Road

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Bicycles Are Vehicles Too!

5) Todie's Wild Ride: A Crow Never Forgets

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Make The Right Decision

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Watch For Bikes

8) Todie's Wild Ride: Chance Takers Are Accident Makers

29) geO_Kacher

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Bike Helmet Safety

30) dhenninger

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Bike Awareness - Look Twice, Save a life

31) labrat_wr

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Spinning Wheels

32) Team Vorvik

1) Todie's Wild Ride : New York USA to York UK

33) DJ.J.ROCK

1) Todie's Wild Ride: DJ.J.ROCK'S Can We Slow Down!?!?

2) Todie's Wild Ride-DJ.J.ROCK'S Why Didn't I See That Motorcycle?

3) Todie's Wild Ride: DJ.J.ROCK'S SAVE A BIKER!!!!

34) CLAMM

1) Todie's Wild Ride - see motorcycles!

2) Todie's Wild Ride - low sun

35) Zarya.

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride of Silence

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride of Silence ~Idaho~

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride of Silence ~Maine~

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride of Silence ~Canada~

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride of Silence ~Singapore~

36) DaFunkyFrogs

1) Todies Wild Ride

2) Todies Wild Ride Toward The Sunset

3) Todies Wild Ride-Come Home Safe

4) Todie's Wild Ride...Helmets Save Lives

37) scottch

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Safety Tips for Car Drivers

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Share The Road With Motorcycles

38) burgessfour

1) Todie's Wild Ride-Lets Drive Safely

2) Todie's Wild Ride-Always Look Twice

3) Todie's Wild Ride-For Bike Awareness

4) Todie's Wild Ride-Rolling Stops Kill 2

5) Todie's Wild Ride-Rolling Stops Kill

6) Todie's Wild Ride-Watch Your Speed

7) Todie's Wild Ride-Don't Talk, Just Drive

8) Todie's Wild Ride- Look Twice, Save Lives!!!

9) Todie's Wild Ride--Travel Safely

10) Todie's Wild Ride-Safety Tips For Drivers

11) Todie's Wild Ride-Look Twice And Save A Life

12) Todie's Wild Ride:Pick To Drive Safe 1

13) Todie's Wild Ride-Pick To Drive Safe 2

14) Todie's Wild Ride-Pick To Drive Safe 3

15) Todie's Wild Ride-Pick To Drive Safe 4

16) Todie's Wild Ride-Travel Safe

17) Todie's Wild Ride!!!

18) Todie's Wild Ride, Look Twice!!!

19) Todie's Wild Ride: Use Common Cents!!!

39) DreamteamOS

1) Todie's Wild Ride - Open your eyes

40) LionsLair

1) Todie's Wild Ride: awareness for motorcyclist sharing the roadways!

2) Todie's Wild Ride: awareness for motorcyclist sharing the roadways!!

Pay Attention. Distractions causes accidents.

Edited by Maine Family

41) Gyzy

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Gyzy's Adventure

42) Voyageurs60

1) Todie's Wild Ride Motorcycle Awareness Geocoin

43) JohnMac56

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Stop Driving Distracted, look For Bikes

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Become More Aware Of Motorcyclists

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Check Your Blind Spot

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Save A Biker

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice, Save A Life

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Why didn't I See That Motorcycle?

8) Todie's Wild Ride: The SEE System

9) Todie's Wild Ride: Scooters Are Bikes Too....

10) Todie's Wild Ride: Cars Are Not Toys!

11) Todie's WIld Ride: Yellow Lights Do Not Mean Speed Up...

12) Todie's Wild Ride: Pre-Ride Checklist

13) Todie's Wild Ride: Check Your Blind Spot (2)

14) Todie's Wild Ride: I Saw You...But You Didn't See Me...

44) 501_Gang

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Rolling Stops Kill

45) cainrcc

1) Todie's Wild Ride

46) Amber Alert

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Amber say's DRIVE RESPONSIBLY Geocoin

47) MustangJoni

1) Todie's Wild Ride - #1 of Ten Tips Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

2) Todie's Wild Ride - #2 of Ten Tips Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

3) Todie's Wild Ride - #3 of Ten Things Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

4) Todie's Wild Ride - #4 of Ten Things Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

5) Todie's Wild Ride - #5 of Ten Things Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

6) Todie's Wild Ride - #6 of Ten Things Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

7) Todie's Wild Ride - #7 of Ten Things Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

8) Todie's Wild Ride - #8 of Ten Things Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

9) Todie's Wild Ride - #9 of Ten Things Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

10) Todie's Wild Ride - #10 of Ten Things Car and Truck Drivers Should Know

48) zoesbrother

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmet Awareness #1

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmet Awareness #2

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmet Awareness #3

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmet Awareness #4

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmet Awareness #5

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Casque de sensibilisation en France #6

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmet Awareness #7

8) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmet Awareness #8

9) Todie's Wild Ride: Helmet Awareness #9

49) Hedge Hopper

1) Todie's Wild Ride

50) fingers crossed

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Extra Extra!

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Princess Butterfingers

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Hawkeyez on the road

4) Todie's Wild Ride: PBF's Wish

51) grodan & fiabus

1) Todies Wild ride!!: grodan & fiabus and Simon Says, look twice, save lives!!

52) wavesprite

1) Todie's Wild Ride - AnakinAustin

2) Todie's Wild Ride: grodan & fiabus The Biking Nerd

53) ELTADA

1) Todie's Wild Ride - Staying Safe

54) 4th Jean

1) Todie Wild Ride: I didn't see them IS NOT AN EXCUSE!

55) DanielleBecky:

1) Todie Wild Ride: Bikes are there; Please Pay Attention!

56) 60 Cent:

1) Todie Wild Ride: It never hurts to take a second look!

57) DresselDragons

1) Todie's Wild Ride

2) Todies Wild Ride (H)

58) Rothstafari

1) Todie's Wild Ride: a Rothstafarian Bike Awareness Mission

59) johnslady56

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Go High-Viz!!!

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Impaired Drivers!!!

60) Sparticus06

1) Todie's Wild Ride - Motorcycles are Everywhere

2) Todie's Wild Ride-Ride Smart, Ride Safe

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Keep Your Distance: Look Twice Geocoin

4) Todie's Wild Ride: No Speed Demons

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Wear The Right Gear

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Motorcycle Accidents Statistics

61) Rumba's Pal

1) I'm in a Race - Rockin Roddy's Cachestalkers Geocoin

62) bigimaginationboy

1) I'm in a Race - Rockin Roddy's Cachestalkers Geocoin

63) Tamster56

1) Todies Wild Ride: In memory of Michael Kapelson

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Rolling Stops Kill

3) Todie's Wild Ride: PPE (Personal Protective Equipment

64) Team Black-Cat

1) Todie's Wild Ride:Out of Wausau

65) RifleMan81

1) Todie's Wild Ride:Share The Road

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Where R U Going?

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Responsibly

66) mmmbacon

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Bacon loves bike safety

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Bacons Bike Safety Volume 2

67) fox-and-the-hound

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice No 1

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice No 2

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice No 3

68) 007BigD

1) Look Twice Save Lives: Todie's Wild Ride

2) Look Twice save Lives...Todie's Wild Ride

3) Todie's Wild Ride Cachestalkers Memorial Traveling Informative Geocoin

69) Caching 4 Fun

1) Todie's Wild Ride---Watch For Bikes Geocoin

70) Cabarama

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Roaming Nomad USA

71) Team CeDo

1)Todie's Wild Ride: Share the Road

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Live To Ride

3) Todie's Wild Ride:Journey To Work

4) Todie;s Wild Ride: The Long Ride

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Hey! Over Here

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Check Em Twice

7) Todie's WIld Ride: A Few Tips For Safety

8) Todie's Wild Ride: Fill R Up

9 Todie's Wild Ride: Get N Dirty

10 Todie's Wild Ride: Boot Tips

11) Todie's Wild Ride: Start Here

12) Todie's Wild Ride: M.A.D.D.

13) Todie's Wild Ride: "People Saving People"

14) Todie's Wild Ride: One For The Kids

15) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Then Look Again!

16) Todie's Wild Ride; Campus Riding

17) Todie's Wild Ride: Hold On

18) Todie's Wild Ride: Watch Out For Bikes

19) Todie's Wild Ride: Tricky

72) Queenie-Boo-Bay

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Operation Save A Life

73) TimeTraveler09

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Phoenix Rising

74) jasondulac

1) Todie's Wild Ride Jay D

2) Todie's Wild Ride JD2

3) Todie's Wild Ride Jay D 3

4) Todie's Wild Ride JD4

5) Todie's Wild Ride Jay D 5

6) Todie's Wild Ride Look Twice For Bikes

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Wear A Helmet

8) Todie's Wild Ride Look Twice Save A Life

9) Todie's Wild Ride Look Twice Rolling Stops Signs Takes Lives

10) Todie's WIld Ride: Watch Out For Pot Holes

11) Todie's Wild Ride: Wear Safety Gear

12) Todie's Wild Ride: Blue Rider

13) Todie's Wild Ride: Red Rider

14) Todie's Wild Ride: Out To Save A Life

15) Todie's Wild Ride: Keep On Riding

16) Todie's Wild Ride: Bikers Have The Right To The Road

17) Todie's Wild Ride: Memories Last Forever

18) Todie's Wild Ride: Don't go Over The Speed Limit

75) MIKE

1) Todie's Wild Ride-Eyes Open For Bikers

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Make Room For Roddy!

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Tips For Safety

4) Todie's Wild Ride-Stay Alert

76) kini ont

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice Geocoin: In Memory Of A Friend

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice Geocoin: Are You Smarter Then...

3) Todie's Wild Ride:Look Twice Geocoin: 5 Rules For You & Me

77) Laval K-9

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice Geocoin

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice Geocoin

4) Todie's Wild Ride: My Traveling 2 Cents Bike Awareness Geocoin

78) Opalsns

1) Todie's Wild Ride, Look Twice And Keep 'Em Riding

2) Todie's Wild Ride- Up, Up and Away!

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Pay Attention, Save A Life!!!!

4) Todie's Wild Ride To North Carolina And Beyond!!

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Teams Cachin' Crow And CeDo's Look Twice At This Geocoins Mission!

6) Todie's Wild Ride To The Netherlands And Beyond!!!

7) Todie's Wild Ride-2009 Cachin' Crow Geocoin-We Play To Win!

8) Todie's Wild Ride-Canada- First In Motorcylce Safety And Training

79) Geo.Error

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes Geocoin G.E. #1

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes Geocoin G.E. #2

80) Maine Gang

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Watch Out For Me

81) Team Red-one

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Give Bikers Enough Space

82) Tschakko

1) Todie's Wild Ride: In Memory Of....

83) Riley the GeoDog

1) Todie's Wild Ride:Save A Life And Look Twice

84) Catsnfish

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Motorcycle Awareness!

2) Todie's Wild Ride-Share The Road.. Safely!

3) Todie's Wild Ride-Share The Road

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Muenster Geocoin 2008

5) Todie's Wild Ride Geocoin

85) Ida27

1) Todies Wilde Ride: 1er Harley Davidson Club Osnabrück

86) Paganfrog

1) Todie's Wild Ride- It Ain't Cool To Speed

87) Caching 4 Fun

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Be Prepared

88) Chur

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Chur's Muenster Bicycle Coin

89) Sunsetmeadowlark

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Make The Roads Safe For All...

2) Todie's Wild Ride-Don't Say You Can't See Us!

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Unite For Safety Geocoin

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Don't Get Skunked! Geocoin

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Then Look Again

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Blue Motorcycle Spotter

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Green Motorcycle Spotter

8) Todie's Wild Ride: Gold Motorcycle Spotter

9) Todie's Wild Ride: Can You See Me Now?

90) Sweetlife

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Blue Beanie Lizard

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Blue/Purple Multi Colored Snake

3) Todie's WIld Ride: Camo Duck

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Christmas Dog

5) Todie's WIld Ride: Green Tonka

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Liberty Duck

7) Todie's WIld Ride: Rainbow Gecko

8) Todie's WIld Ride: Spin Top Hat Duck

9) Todie's Wild Ride: Wanted Chalupa Dog

10) Todie's Wild Ride; Watch Out For Bikes In The Summer And All Year Around!

91) Lorca.nl

1) Todie's WIld Ride: Be Aware For The Biker

92) Mom'sPlace

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Worldwide Awareness Geocoin

93) UFgatorgirl

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Maverick 65G Geocoin

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice Geocoin

3) Todie's Wild Ride---Signal Geocoin--March 06

4) Todie's Wild Ride-given by Sovota

94) Boatbird

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Accidents Hurt-Safety Doesn't

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Be Alert, Accidents Hurt

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Chance Takers Are Accident Makers

Pay attention, save a life!

Edited by Maine Family

95) Rickctroop13

1) Todie's Wild Ride-Anche Essere A Conoscenza Di Coloro Che Pedale!

96) Geopigs

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Pay Attention While Driving!

97) KAboom

1) Todie's Wild Ride: KAboom says PAY ATTENTION

98) Smilefriends

1) Todie's WIld Ride~Remember Your Special Friendzz

2) Todie's Wild Ride-Smilefriends Unite For Bike Awareness!

3) Todie's Wild Ride-Smilefriends Unite For Bike Awareness # 2!

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Pay Attention, Save A Life!!

5) Todie's Wild Ride-Smilefriends Unite For Bike Awareness # 3

99) DJAlan

1) Todie's WIld Ride:Can You See Me Now?

100) BubbaBass

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Gone Fishing!

101) Belfrypotters

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Give Me Some Space

102) KD1EJ

1) Todie's Wild Ride; Be Smart, Stay Safe

103) Book-a-neers

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Watch Out For Bikes With Training Wheels!

104) ModelCitizen

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Hiding In Plain Sight

105) Dcolpi

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Kids Need Helmets Too!

106) Dardevle

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes

107) Snowball 58

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Christmas Compass Rose Geocoin

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Loved Your Cache Heart Geocoin

3) Todie's Wild Ride: Dutch Microcoins 2009 Geocoin

4) Todie's Wild Ride: Spreading The Word

5) Todie's Wild Ride: Keep Your Eyes Open

6) Todie's Wild Ride: Watch Those Mirrors

7) Todie's Wild Ride: Watch The Weather

8) Todie's Wild Ride:Stay Out Of The Poison Sumac

9) Todie's Wild Ride: Learn To Dance In The Rain

10) Todie's Wild Ride: Cachin' Crow Geocoin

108) Mike Wrub

1) Todie's Wild Ride; Canada

109) Drneal

1) Todie's Wild Ride- Chiro- Cache Geocoin

110) Die anita

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Anita's Bike Awareness Coin

111) The Saint

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Fallen Riders

112) Mar-elendili

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Safety For All

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride, Don't Race!

113) River Cacher

1) Todie's Wild Ride RC Coin

114) Cydriver

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice For Bikes Geocoin

115) Michigan Cacheman

1) Todie's Wild Ride

2) Todie's Wild Ride

3) Todie's Wild Ride

4) Todie's Wild Ride

5) Todie's Wild Ride

116) Vilts

1) Todie's WIld Ride: Mind The Bikes!

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Gear Saves Lives

117) Nefesh

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Fallen Riders

118) Ashallond

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Ahallond's "Keep Your Hands On The Wheels At All Times"

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Ashallond's "Save A Life, Look Twice"

119) Seekerfamily

1) Todie's Wild Ride: In Memory Of Jon

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Riley And Abby Say-Don't Drive Distracted

120) FScout

1) Todie's WIld Ride: FScout's Look Twice Geocoin

121) ThirstyMick

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Safe!

2) Todie's Wild Ride: Share The Road

122) Fuzzybear3

1) Todie'S Wild Ride: Fuzziebear3 Says "Wear Your Helmet"

123) Mijogd

1) Todie's Wild Ride: Safety Is The Message

601 coins and 123 participants

Pocket Coins

1) Tschakko

2) Burgessfour

3) Write Shop Robert

4) Team CeDo

5) Sunsetmeadowlark

6) RifleMan81

7) Sparticus06

8) Tamster56

9) Catsnfish

10)Geopigs

11) Zoesbrother

12) KAboom

13) Gatoulis

14) Maine Gang

15) Jasondulac

16) Sparticus06

17) LadyBee4T

18) Rockin Roddy

19) Opalsns

20) Snowball 58

21) Maine Family

22) Michigan Cacheman

23) ThirstyMick

Pay Attention, Save A Life!

Are you kidding me?? 3 pages to list all the coins released?? WOW!! That's great!

Sad news today....another loss. A friend's dad was taken from us Monday afternoon, he was on his way home from work (I presume) when an older lady (70's I heard) pulled in front of his motorcycle...

When will people learn they MUST LOOK TWICE?????

Are you kidding me?? 3 pages to list all the coins released?? WOW!! That's great!

Sad news today....another loss. A friend's dad was taken from us Monday afternoon, he was on his way home from work (I presume) when an older lady (70's I heard) pulled in front of his motorcycle...

I have added sunsetmeadowlark to the list. Discovered there was way to many in the first list and lost quite a few links. Got that all straightened out and had to split it again so we now are using 3 posts for the list. WAY TO GO!

Rolling stops is not a stop. Come to a complete stop for three seconds then proceed after looking left, right, then left again.

I kid you not. :(

Sorry to hear another biker was killed. I like to concentrate on the good we are doing and we are making a difference. But now I have to go walking. Be back later.

Look Twice, then look again.

Anyone for Question 2 pf stage 4 in my cointest???

Shall I give an other hint??

The knights were the Knigits of St John, also known as hospitalers!

Their first name was Knights of St John of Jerusalem but when they came in Rhodes they were named Knights of Rhodes.....just Google.... :)

Ride safely!!!

Edited by GATOULIS

Lights On for safety!

#2.

THE KNIGHTS ON RHODES

Following the definitive defeat of the Christian Kingdom of Jerusalem with the loss of Acre in 1291, the Order transferred its headquarters to the island of Cyprus. It had already acquired substantial estates in each of the countries of the seven, later eight Langues and, following the suppression of the Knights Templars, was granted much of the latter's properties by a Bull of May 2, 1312, effectively doubling the wealth of the Order. The Hospitallers estates were further augmented by union with the Order of the Canons of the Holy Sepulcher of Our Lord and the Militia of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem, by a Bull of 1489, although the priories of the Order of the Holy Sepulcher in Poland and Germany regained their autonomy in 1497.[1] Like the Templars and Teutonic knights, the Hospitallers had become a major international political and military force. Renowned for their courage, the members of the crusader Orders were a professional fighting body still dedicated to the monastic tradition and endowed with enormous wealth, thus they provided a serious potential challenge to the existing monarchical states in which their properties were situated. Fortunately for the Hospitallers, they were able to find an important role in the Mediterranean, but without this new responsibility as the protector of Christian shipping, it is probable that ultimately the Order either would have been suppressed or at least been forced to forgo its military function.

Now established as an independent, autonomous entity but without a permanent base, the knights hospitaller soon perceived that the nearby island of Rhodes would be a suitable site for their new headquarters. They appear to have tried to reach a settlement with the Byzantine Emperor, nominal ruler of Rhodes, offering to hold the island in feudal tenure, but the Emperor had refused and instead formed an alliance with the Saracens against the Order. The knights seem to have established their Convent on the island by 1309, soon proceeding to assume the responsibilities of sovereign rulers. A contemporary chronicler described the aftermath of the conquest as follows:[2] "The Grand Master Fulk de Villaret, and the valiant Brothers of the Hospital gave thanks to God and the Virgin Mary for the wealth and abundance which had come to them. They built a great castle and conquered all around, collecting many fine men who wished to come to Rhodes and reconnoiter and to colonize the island. Then they had many places in Anatolia submit to their authority, which gave them tribute. They did not allow the passage of evil traders, nor might any such load up in Anatolia with passengers, or goods, or anything else for transportation to Egypt. And if any should set sails, the Hospitallers had galleys to seize and despoil them. In this way God ordained divine aid for the noble Master and the valiant knights of the Hospital. They freely held a great franchise, and combined mastery of the seas with independence of any other authority". The Order's knights and soldiers were now compelled to convert themselves from a land-based to an essentially naval function, maintaining a substantial fleet of galleys to protect Christian shipping from the Moslem raiders.

The government of the Order, which was, as such, also the sovereign ruler of Rhodes, was headed by the Master, with the Prior responsible for the Chaplains and the supervision of the religious life of the Order. The adminsitration was delegated to eight Bailiffs of the Convent: the Grand Commander who, with the Treasurer, controlled the Common Treasure, presided over the Accounts committee, acted as Master of the Artillery and selected certain conventual chaplains; the Marshal, later Grand Marshal, who acted as military chief of staff, commanding all the brothers except Grand Crosses and their lieutenants; the Hospitaller or Grand Hospitaller, who superintended the work of the hospitals and infirmaries; the Drapier, from 1539 Grand Conservator, who was the quartermaster of the armed forces of the Order and responsible for the maintenance of certain buildings; the Admiral, or Grand Admiral, a post created when the Order left the Holy Land and who commanded the galleys; the Turcopolier or Turcopilier, who commanded the Turcopoles,[3] the Order's cavalry in Palestine and, on Rhodes and Malta, was responsible for the coast guard;[4] the Grand Chancellor, who counter-signed all the acts of government, held the official seal and regulated all bulls and decrees; and, from 1428, the Grand Bailiff, responsible on Rhodes for the defense of the Castle of Saint Peter and later of the Island of Gozo.

The members of the Order were divided into three principal classes. First the knights, who provided the core of the Order and would ultimately make profession by taking the monastic vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. They alone could be appointed Bailifss of the Convent. Secondly the Chaplains, who were priest-brothers exempted from fighting but whose responsibility was to serve the spritiual needs of the knights and those living in areas under their rule. The Prior was chosen from among their ranks. Thirdly the Serjeants-at-Arms, later Serving Brothers, divided into Brothers of Arms who could, until 1364, become knights, and Brothers of Office, who fulfilled a more lowly role.[5] Until the loss of Malta the Serving-Brothers of Arms, although not noble, could also make full profession as religious-brothers and were no less members of the Order than the knights of Justice. They were called to the elections of the Grand Masters, to which they could contribute their votes, although they were excluded from any senior executive responsibility.[6] Later a fourth division of Sisters were added, divided into Sisters of Justice and Sisters of Grace, who lived in convents with their own Superior but were under the authority of their Langue.

Postulants for knighthood were later divided into those who could make the required proofs of nobility and who were admitted as novice knights of Justice, and those non-nobles who were occasionally admitted as knights of Obedience and who could later be promoted to knight of Grace. On extremely rare occasions the Grand Master could promote a knight of Grace to the rank of Justice, generally to enable the knight to hold an office limited to that rank. Both professed knights of Justice and Grace, with sufficient seniority, could be entitled to a commandery. Neither novice knights of Justice nor knights of Obedience, who made only a limited religious promise, could hold any of the great offices of the Order from which even the professed knights of Grace were excluded.[7] By the sixteenth century the rank of knight of Devotion was being conferred with increasing regularity; such members did not make the monastic promises and lived in the community. Today this latter class make up the vast majority of the membership.

Vertot (op.cit.) and some later writers have suggested that there were originally four Langues (French, Spanish, Italian and German), which were increased to seven (adding Provence, Auvergne and England) at a later date. Modern scholars, however, have found that all seven apparently emerged virtually simultaneously.[8] In 1462 the Spanish Langue was divided into two, Aragon and Castile, totaling the eight who were represented by each point of the Order's cross. One of the Conventual Bailiffs was placed at the head of each Langue, as chief or Pillier; with the separation of the Spanish Langue these posts were distributed as follows: Provence - the Grand Commander, Auvergne - the Marshal, France - the Hospitaller, Italy - the Admiral, Aragon - the Drapier (later Grand Conservator), England - the Turcopilier, Germany - the Grand Bailiff (a post invented to satisfy the Germans), and Castille-Portugal - the Grand Chancellor. Each of the eight Langues established its own headquarters on the island (as they later did on Malta), called an Auberge, in which the knights lived with their own Conventual Bailiff as their immediate Superior. The 16th century Langues were divided into twenty-three Grand Priories, increased to twenty-five Grand Priories and twenty Bailiwicks by the time of the fall of Malta.

The Grand Priories, Priories and Bailiwicks (there were many of these subordinate to the Grand Priories) were divided into Commanderies, small religious communities generally composed of an estate with a conventual house in which the commander and two or three professed or younger novice knights would be resident with a larger number of serving-brothers and a chaplain-brother. The grant of a commandery was, until 1354, in the hands of the local Grand Prior but because of abuses of authority then became the responsibility of the Grand Master in Council. All appointments were by seniority, with two exceptions - the Grand Master was permitted to make a nomination of a commander "of Grace" once every five years and the Grand Prior was permitted the same privilege in his own province. Furthermore, each Priory had a Magistral commandery, the ex-officio property of the Grand Master, to which he could appoint a commander at his own discretion. If the Grand Master failed to fill such commanderies the Pope could also claim the privilege, but this caused resentment on the part of the Order's government.

To be eligible for a commandery, the knight, chaplain or, very occasionally, serving-brother, had to have resided for at least five years in the Convent and to have performed a minimum of three "caravans", service on board the Order's galleys. Even then the knight was supposed to wait until a commandery was vacant in his own province, i.e. a Pole could not be appointed to a Danish commandery, a Sicilian could not be appointed to a Lombard commandery. After five further years the commander, having proved that he had made improvements ("ameliorations") to his commandery, could apply to be promoted to one with a larger endowment. After fifteen years service, of which ten must have been spent in the Convent, he could be promoted to Conventual or Capitular Bailiff provided there was a vacancy, which dignity carried with it the grand cross and a seat on the Chapter-General. Each commander was required to send one third of his revenues (the Responsions) to the Convent of the Order,[9] while retaining the balance to support him and his fellow residents of the commandery chapter-house. With the death of a commander the whole revenue accrued to the Treasury until 1 May and for one year following, along with four-fifths of all the personal property of deceased brethren (the remaining fifth being disposed of by Will).

The Commanders superiors in rank were the Bailiffs, appointed per favorem et ad honorem, called grand crosses of Grace, who took precedence immediately after the bailiffs of Justice and were likewise members of the Chapter-General. Their appointment was the prerogative of the Grand Master in Council. The title of Bailiff had its origin in the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem, deriving from the ancient bailiwicks ("bajulis") and has been perpetuated in several other extant Orders, including ones which never had a presence in the Holy Land.[10] With the later and more frequent introduction of knights and, very rarely, dames of Honor, who were given the Cross of Devotion, it became customary to accord the grand cross to knights of Honor and, eventually, the title of Bailiff.

Based at Rhodes for more than two hundred years, the Order's first task was to build up its strength on the mainland of Asia Minor while it was still engaged in constant clashes with the Moslems. The crusader castles along the coast of Halicarnassus provided safe refuge for Christian pilgrims to Jerusalem who, while persecuted, were not forbidden entry to the city as they brought prosperity to its inhabitants. The majority of the knights serving with the Order in Rhodes and in the galleys were of French origin, as were most of the Grand Masters, with a few Spanish and Italian. It was a French Grand Master, Pierre d'Aubusson, who successfully drove off the Turks to end the first siege of Rhodes on 27 July 1480 and later another Frenchman who led the Order at the siege of Malta eighty years later.

Several memorials on Rhodes testify to the knights' devotion to the cult of the Virgin, particularly appropriate since the Order had purportedly occupied the island on 15 August, Assumption Day.[11] The first Cathedral Church, built by Grand Master Fulk de Villaret, was dedicated to the Virgin (Sainte-Marie du Chateau) and his successor, Grand Master Helion de Villeneuve, built a second church (Saint-Marie du Bourg), which in 1476 replaced the earlier building as the Cathedral Church of the island. Grand Master de Lastic placed a bas-relief sculpture of the Virgin and Child in the walls of a central defensive tower, called the Tour Sainte-Marie in 1441 and Grand Master d'Aubusson, while preparing for the Turkish attack in 1480, instituted a chapel in honor of the Virgin in the church of Monteil au Vicomte. With the victory over the Turks, the Grand Master acknowledged his belief that the island had been given the special protection of the mother of Our Lord by initiating the construction of the magnificent Church of Our Lady of Victory (now destroyed), completed in 1491.

Forty-two years later, in 1522, the Order once again faced a major crisis. The Grand Master Philippe de Villiers de l'Isle Adam, who had been elected instead of the more renowned English Grand Prior Thomas Docwra and now abandoned by the Christian powers, was forced to capitulate to the much larger Turkish forces in the final battle of the Order's ongoing struggle with the Moslems for control of Rhodes. Although there had been some tentative peace negotiations between the Sultan and the Grand Master, the former's proposals had been couched in such insulting terms that the Grand Master was unable to accept the Turkish demands and the Sultan determined on invasion. The contemporary Moslem chronicler, Hajii Khalifeh, described the siege by the Moslem leader, Suleiman II (the "Magnificent"), as follows:[12] on "..a day when the omens were good, about seven hundred ships set sail from Constantinople for the Mediterranean. The fleet anchored off Rhodes, and then the larger ships were left to guard the channel while the pasha, with three hundred galleys, sailed into the bay where the fortress of Rhodes stood. They placed their cannons in position and began the siege on the fifth of Ramadan. A week later Bali Beg arrived from Egypt preceded by twenty-four galleys carrying more ammunition and provisions. Fierce battles raged until orders were given to capture the Arab tower from which enemy soldiers ceaselessly harassed the besieging army, but although the pasha's men crossed the moat and planted their standard on the rampart wall, they were eventually pushed back. On the advice of the most experienced among the pasha's men and despite continuous fighting, an earth mound was built which, after five months work, reached up to the rampart walls. Inside the fortress the besieged army, unable to protect itself from cannon and musket fire, surrendered on [20 December 1522]".

It was the Greek civilian inhabitants, persuaded by Suleiman's agents that if they surrendered they would be spared, who demanded that the knights should capitulate. Faced with little choice, Villiers de l'Isle Adam agreed terms with the Sultan (requiring the Catholic faith to be maintained, the churches not to be profaned and the knights to be able to leave with their weapons, treasure and sacred vessels) and the surviving knights abandoned the island on 1 January 1523. The Grand Master's galley, "with a single banner lowered to half mast, on which was painted the picture of the Glorious Virgin Mary in tears, holding her dead Son in her arms, and the inscription Afflictis tu spes unica rebus, that is: In all which afflicts us thou art our only hope",[13] set sail for Candia bearing, along with the leading knights, the venerable icons of Our Lady of Philermo, Our Lady of Mercy and Our Lady of Damascus as well as the relics of the True Cross, the right hand of Saint John the Baptist, the archives of the Order and the key of the city of Rhodes.

For seven years the knights were without a permanent home. Fortunately they were supported by Pope Clement VII, a Medici and former Hospitaller knight, whose security was threatened by the French army and who hoped to benefit from the Order's military support. After several years of negotiations the Emperor Charles V, as King of Sicily, agreed to cede the islands of Malta, Gozo and Comino and the city of Tripoli (this last abandoned in 1551) and their dependent territories to the Order. These were granted as a fief of the Kingdom of Sicily, for which an annual tribute of a falcon was paid until 1798, by letters patent dated 24 March 1530, ratified by Pope Clement VII on 25 April 1530.[14] After some further negotiations over minor details of the transfer, the Order took possession of its new home on 26 October of the same year.

Lights On for safety!

#2.

THE KNIGHTS ON RHODES

Following the definitive defeat of the Christian Kingdom of Jerusalem with the loss of Acre in 1291, the Order transferred its headquarters to the island of Cyprus. It had already acquired substantial estates in each of the countries of the seven, later eight Langues and, following the suppression of the Knights Templars, was granted much of the latter's properties by a Bull of May 2, 1312, effectively doubling the wealth of the Order. The Hospitallers estates were further augmented by union with the Order of the Canons of the Holy Sepulcher of Our Lord and the Militia of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem, by a Bull of 1489, although the priories of the Order of the Holy Sepulcher in Poland and Germany regained their autonomy in 1497.[1] Like the Templars and Teutonic knights, the Hospitallers had become a major international political and military force. Renowned for their courage, the members of the crusader Orders were a professional fighting body still dedicated to the monastic tradition and endowed with enormous wealth, thus they provided a serious potential challenge to the existing monarchical states in which their properties were situated. Fortunately for the Hospitallers, they were able to find an important role in the Mediterranean, but without this new responsibility as the protector of Christian shipping, it is probable that ultimately the Order either would have been suppressed or at least been forced to forgo its military function.

Now established as an independent, autonomous entity but without a permanent base, the knights hospitaller soon perceived that the nearby island of Rhodes would be a suitable site for their new headquarters. They appear to have tried to reach a settlement with the Byzantine Emperor, nominal ruler of Rhodes, offering to hold the island in feudal tenure, but the Emperor had refused and instead formed an alliance with the Saracens against the Order. The knights seem to have established their Convent on the island by 1309, soon proceeding to assume the responsibilities of sovereign rulers. A contemporary chronicler described the aftermath of the conquest as follows:[2] "The Grand Master Fulk de Villaret, and the valiant Brothers of the Hospital gave thanks to God and the Virgin Mary for the wealth and abundance which had come to them. They built a great castle and conquered all around, collecting many fine men who wished to come to Rhodes and reconnoiter and to colonize the island. Then they had many places in Anatolia submit to their authority, which gave them tribute. They did not allow the passage of evil traders, nor might any such load up in Anatolia with passengers, or goods, or anything else for transportation to Egypt. And if any should set sails, the Hospitallers had galleys to seize and despoil them. In this way God ordained divine aid for the noble Master and the valiant knights of the Hospital. They freely held a great franchise, and combined mastery of the seas with independence of any other authority". The Order's knights and soldiers were now compelled to convert themselves from a land-based to an essentially naval function, maintaining a substantial fleet of galleys to protect Christian shipping from the Moslem raiders.

The government of the Order, which was, as such, also the sovereign ruler of Rhodes, was headed by the Master, with the Prior responsible for the Chaplains and the supervision of the religious life of the Order. The adminsitration was delegated to eight Bailiffs of the Convent: the Grand Commander who, with the Treasurer, controlled the Common Treasure, presided over the Accounts committee, acted as Master of the Artillery and selected certain conventual chaplains; the Marshal, later Grand Marshal, who acted as military chief of staff, commanding all the brothers except Grand Crosses and their lieutenants; the Hospitaller or Grand Hospitaller, who superintended the work of the hospitals and infirmaries; the Drapier, from 1539 Grand Conservator, who was the quartermaster of the armed forces of the Order and responsible for the maintenance of certain buildings; the Admiral, or Grand Admiral, a post created when the Order left the Holy Land and who commanded the galleys; the Turcopolier or Turcopilier, who commanded the Turcopoles,[3] the Order's cavalry in Palestine and, on Rhodes and Malta, was responsible for the coast guard;[4] the Grand Chancellor, who counter-signed all the acts of government, held the official seal and regulated all bulls and decrees; and, from 1428, the Grand Bailiff, responsible on Rhodes for the defense of the Castle of Saint Peter and later of the Island of Gozo.

The members of the Order were divided into three principal classes. First the knights, who provided the core of the Order and would ultimately make profession by taking the monastic vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. They alone could be appointed Bailifss of the Convent. Secondly the Chaplains, who were priest-brothers exempted from fighting but whose responsibility was to serve the spritiual needs of the knights and those living in areas under their rule. The Prior was chosen from among their ranks. Thirdly the Serjeants-at-Arms, later Serving Brothers, divided into Brothers of Arms who could, until 1364, become knights, and Brothers of Office, who fulfilled a more lowly role.[5] Until the loss of Malta the Serving-Brothers of Arms, although not noble, could also make full profession as religious-brothers and were no less members of the Order than the knights of Justice. They were called to the elections of the Grand Masters, to which they could contribute their votes, although they were excluded from any senior executive responsibility.[6] Later a fourth division of Sisters were added, divided into Sisters of Justice and Sisters of Grace, who lived in convents with their own Superior but were under the authority of their Langue.

Postulants for knighthood were later divided into those who could make the required proofs of nobility and who were admitted as novice knights of Justice, and those non-nobles who were occasionally admitted as knights of Obedience and who could later be promoted to knight of Grace. On extremely rare occasions the Grand Master could promote a knight of Grace to the rank of Justice, generally to enable the knight to hold an office limited to that rank. Both professed knights of Justice and Grace, with sufficient seniority, could be entitled to a commandery. Neither novice knights of Justice nor knights of Obedience, who made only a limited religious promise, could hold any of the great offices of the Order from which even the professed knights of Grace were excluded.[7] By the sixteenth century the rank of knight of Devotion was being conferred with increasing regularity; such members did not make the monastic promises and lived in the community. Today this latter class make up the vast majority of the membership.

Vertot (op.cit.) and some later writers have suggested that there were originally four Langues (French, Spanish, Italian and German), which were increased to seven (adding Provence, Auvergne and England) at a later date. Modern scholars, however, have found that all seven apparently emerged virtually simultaneously.[8] In 1462 the Spanish Langue was divided into two, Aragon and Castile, totaling the eight who were represented by each point of the Order's cross. One of the Conventual Bailiffs was placed at the head of each Langue, as chief or Pillier; with the separation of the Spanish Langue these posts were distributed as follows: Provence - the Grand Commander, Auvergne - the Marshal, France - the Hospitaller, Italy - the Admiral, Aragon - the Drapier (later Grand Conservator), England - the Turcopilier, Germany - the Grand Bailiff (a post invented to satisfy the Germans), and Castille-Portugal - the Grand Chancellor. Each of the eight Langues established its own headquarters on the island (as they later did on Malta), called an Auberge, in which the knights lived with their own Conventual Bailiff as their immediate Superior. The 16th century Langues were divided into twenty-three Grand Priories, increased to twenty-five Grand Priories and twenty Bailiwicks by the time of the fall of Malta.

The Grand Priories, Priories and Bailiwicks (there were many of these subordinate to the Grand Priories) were divided into Commanderies, small religious communities generally composed of an estate with a conventual house in which the commander and two or three professed or younger novice knights would be resident with a larger number of serving-brothers and a chaplain-brother. The grant of a commandery was, until 1354, in the hands of the local Grand Prior but because of abuses of authority then became the responsibility of the Grand Master in Council. All appointments were by seniority, with two exceptions - the Grand Master was permitted to make a nomination of a commander "of Grace" once every five years and the Grand Prior was permitted the same privilege in his own province. Furthermore, each Priory had a Magistral commandery, the ex-officio property of the Grand Master, to which he could appoint a commander at his own discretion. If the Grand Master failed to fill such commanderies the Pope could also claim the privilege, but this caused resentment on the part of the Order's government.

To be eligible for a commandery, the knight, chaplain or, very occasionally, serving-brother, had to have resided for at least five years in the Convent and to have performed a minimum of three "caravans", service on board the Order's galleys. Even then the knight was supposed to wait until a commandery was vacant in his own province, i.e. a Pole could not be appointed to a Danish commandery, a Sicilian could not be appointed to a Lombard commandery. After five further years the commander, having proved that he had made improvements ("ameliorations") to his commandery, could apply to be promoted to one with a larger endowment. After fifteen years service, of which ten must have been spent in the Convent, he could be promoted to Conventual or Capitular Bailiff provided there was a vacancy, which dignity carried with it the grand cross and a seat on the Chapter-General. Each commander was required to send one third of his revenues (the Responsions) to the Convent of the Order,[9] while retaining the balance to support him and his fellow residents of the commandery chapter-house. With the death of a commander the whole revenue accrued to the Treasury until 1 May and for one year following, along with four-fifths of all the personal property of deceased brethren (the remaining fifth being disposed of by Will).

The Commanders superiors in rank were the Bailiffs, appointed per favorem et ad honorem, called grand crosses of Grace, who took precedence immediately after the bailiffs of Justice and were likewise members of the Chapter-General. Their appointment was the prerogative of the Grand Master in Council. The title of Bailiff had its origin in the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem, deriving from the ancient bailiwicks ("bajulis") and has been perpetuated in several other extant Orders, including ones which never had a presence in the Holy Land.[10] With the later and more frequent introduction of knights and, very rarely, dames of Honor, who were given the Cross of Devotion, it became customary to accord the grand cross to knights of Honor and, eventually, the title of Bailiff.

Based at Rhodes for more than two hundred years, the Order's first task was to build up its strength on the mainland of Asia Minor while it was still engaged in constant clashes with the Moslems. The crusader castles along the coast of Halicarnassus provided safe refuge for Christian pilgrims to Jerusalem who, while persecuted, were not forbidden entry to the city as they brought prosperity to its inhabitants. The majority of the knights serving with the Order in Rhodes and in the galleys were of French origin, as were most of the Grand Masters, with a few Spanish and Italian. It was a French Grand Master, Pierre d'Aubusson, who successfully drove off the Turks to end the first siege of Rhodes on 27 July 1480 and later another Frenchman who led the Order at the siege of Malta eighty years later.

Several memorials on Rhodes testify to the knights' devotion to the cult of the Virgin, particularly appropriate since the Order had purportedly occupied the island on 15 August, Assumption Day.[11] The first Cathedral Church, built by Grand Master Fulk de Villaret, was dedicated to the Virgin (Sainte-Marie du Chateau) and his successor, Grand Master Helion de Villeneuve, built a second church (Saint-Marie du Bourg), which in 1476 replaced the earlier building as the Cathedral Church of the island. Grand Master de Lastic placed a bas-relief sculpture of the Virgin and Child in the walls of a central defensive tower, called the Tour Sainte-Marie in 1441 and Grand Master d'Aubusson, while preparing for the Turkish attack in 1480, instituted a chapel in honor of the Virgin in the church of Monteil au Vicomte. With the victory over the Turks, the Grand Master acknowledged his belief that the island had been given the special protection of the mother of Our Lord by initiating the construction of the magnificent Church of Our Lady of Victory (now destroyed), completed in 1491.

Forty-two years later, in 1522, the Order once again faced a major crisis. The Grand Master Philippe de Villiers de l'Isle Adam, who had been elected instead of the more renowned English Grand Prior Thomas Docwra and now abandoned by the Christian powers, was forced to capitulate to the much larger Turkish forces in the final battle of the Order's ongoing struggle with the Moslems for control of Rhodes. Although there had been some tentative peace negotiations between the Sultan and the Grand Master, the former's proposals had been couched in such insulting terms that the Grand Master was unable to accept the Turkish demands and the Sultan determined on invasion. The contemporary Moslem chronicler, Hajii Khalifeh, described the siege by the Moslem leader, Suleiman II (the "Magnificent"), as follows:[12] on "..a day when the omens were good, about seven hundred ships set sail from Constantinople for the Mediterranean. The fleet anchored off Rhodes, and then the larger ships were left to guard the channel while the pasha, with three hundred galleys, sailed into the bay where the fortress of Rhodes stood. They placed their cannons in position and began the siege on the fifth of Ramadan. A week later Bali Beg arrived from Egypt preceded by twenty-four galleys carrying more ammunition and provisions. Fierce battles raged until orders were given to capture the Arab tower from which enemy soldiers ceaselessly harassed the besieging army, but although the pasha's men crossed the moat and planted their standard on the rampart wall, they were eventually pushed back. On the advice of the most experienced among the pasha's men and despite continuous fighting, an earth mound was built which, after five months work, reached up to the rampart walls. Inside the fortress the besieged army, unable to protect itself from cannon and musket fire, surrendered on [20 December 1522]".

It was the Greek civilian inhabitants, persuaded by Suleiman's agents that if they surrendered they would be spared, who demanded that the knights should capitulate. Faced with little choice, Villiers de l'Isle Adam agreed terms with the Sultan (requiring the Catholic faith to be maintained, the churches not to be profaned and the knights to be able to leave with their weapons, treasure and sacred vessels) and the surviving knights abandoned the island on 1 January 1523. The Grand Master's galley, "with a single banner lowered to half mast, on which was painted the picture of the Glorious Virgin Mary in tears, holding her dead Son in her arms, and the inscription Afflictis tu spes unica rebus, that is: In all which afflicts us thou art our only hope",[13] set sail for Candia bearing, along with the leading knights, the venerable icons of Our Lady of Philermo, Our Lady of Mercy and Our Lady of Damascus as well as the relics of the True Cross, the right hand of Saint John the Baptist, the archives of the Order and the key of the city of Rhodes.

For seven years the knights were without a permanent home. Fortunately they were supported by Pope Clement VII, a Medici and former Hospitaller knight, whose security was threatened by the French army and who hoped to benefit from the Order's military support. After several years of negotiations the Emperor Charles V, as King of Sicily, agreed to cede the islands of Malta, Gozo and Comino and the city of Tripoli (this last abandoned in 1551) and their dependent territories to the Order. These were granted as a fief of the Kingdom of Sicily, for which an annual tribute of a falcon was paid until 1798, by letters patent dated 24 March 1530, ratified by Pope Clement VII on 25 April 1530.[14] After some further negotiations over minor details of the transfer, the Order took possession of its new home on 26 October of the same year.

WOW! You copied all the site??? :);):D The only thing I want now is... if the order still exist!!!

ride safely!

Are we all hording up coins?? Time's near to start another release drive!! Get ready, we're going to work on another LACKEY coin...or your choice of what I have to offer if the LACKEY isn't your desire!

I still have a couple that you sent to me...I will be activating them very soon, and then they will be ready for you to release. I may actually get to do that this evening.

Since they are micros, I may give them a secondary mission to get lodged in Sidney Crosby's and Evgeni Malkin's eyes. (LOL!)

I had nothing better to do this morning so I decided to browse through my Todies' Wild Ride travelers.

Of the 136 we have out there-

10 are marked as missing

1 is with a person who is no longer a member

18 emails were sent to cachers who have been holding on to a traveler for at least 1 1/2 months, most of those have been held for a lot longer than that.

107 are still out there moving along....not bad really.

It has been awhile since mileage has been computing correctly but whenever that was our most mileage was in the 13,000 mile range.

How are your doing???

Look Twice, Save a Life!

Are we all hording up coins?? Time's near to start another release drive!! Get ready, we're going to work on another LACKEY coin...or your choice of what I have to offer if the LACKEY isn't your desire!

I also forgot to mention that I am inviting my lil' brother to join the campaign. He is brand new to caching (just set up his account this week). His user name is deltahotel. I hope to see him in this thread soon.

[ ..snip.. ]

WOW! You copied all the site??? :);):D The only thing I want now is... if the order still exist!!!

ride safely!

I had dealings with them last year :D

Look twice!

Really???? Did they pay you in their own currency???? I am trying to find a silver coin from them!

when was that? After or before June?

I have met them 2 times, while I was working in the Palace! Last year they were here and made new knights! :)

Yes! The order still exist! It is the only order that still exist from the crusades! Of course, they are not soldiers anymore, but the order helps other countries by making hospitals, churches, schools, they donate money in poor countries, they are bringing food and medicines to countries that really need them....

Maybe that is the reason that the order still exist!! :)

When they left from Rhodes they took all they could carry with them! that is the reason that not many things are here to show from weapons etc! About 5000 rhodians left with them too!!! They followed the order!

They stayed in Malta until 1798 when Napoleon the Great captured the island! He had asked for a safe harbor for its fleet, when he was on his way to Egypt, but he turned against his hosts! Grand Master Ferdinand von Hompesch zu Bolheim failed to anticipate or prepare for this threat, provided no effective leadership, and readily capitulated to Napoleon, arguing that the order's charter prohibited fighting against Christians. In 1799, in disgrace and under pressure from the Austrian court, he resigned his office and retreated into obscurity.

For many years they had their head quarters in Rome! I think now they are in Malta but I am not sure about it! They make their own currency, stamps, passports, vehicle registration plates....

Every 2 years they are coming to Rhodes who still love it and say that this is their capital, to make new knights!

I met some of them too! :)

So..Opalsns, you are in the finals! you have answered all the other parts... :)

THE FINAL WILL BE SOON! MOST PROBABLY ON TUESDAY!

I will email all the finalists about it on Monday, and when the exact time to start will be, so stay alert!

I will post the final question but I will also send it via email to the finalists!

It will need some search, but I will try to make things easier so you will not get mad at me! :)

The answers will be send to me by email via my profile in Groundspeak.com! If you already have my email, it is ok since it is the same with the one in my profile!

The first who will answer all the parts of the question, will be the winner! I will post the winners name and the answer in the foroum! :)

The price is a Look twice geocoin, bicycle version, that will enter in the race! you will choose if I will send it to you or start its mission from a cache here in Rhodes! the coin is not activated, so you will have to activate it and give a goal, but always according to the TWR rules!!! (I have the activation code too, to make things easier to you!)

Do not forget to put the safety phrase in your email too!!!!! OK???? :)