COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

It is very hard for the Dutch to reach the USA geocachingsite or the forums, so I am late reacting.

It seems everybody is well informed

Very close LadyBee4T, what about the children in this matter.

The law says that when a crash is between a motorized vehicle and a nonmotorized vehicle that the motorzied one is at fault for insurance and legal purposes. For that to happen though helmets must be worn including children....

Wear a helmet as the brain you save may be your own.....

I'm having a hard time finding the original law I read! LOL

Oh I wish that could be true but children don't have to wear helmets.

The convinement in the backseat is a rule though and so is education on trafic and cycling rules in trafic.

There is something about the legal purposes that is extra for children.

The law says that when a crash is between a motorized vehicle and a nonmotorized vehicle that the motorzied one is at fault for insurance and legal purposes. In designated areas the speeds are slower so that children might be a bit easier to see.

Wearing seatbelts in the front as well as back seats of passenger cars is compulsory. As of 1 March 2006, children under 18 who are less than 1.35 metres tall must always use an approved child seat or booster seat when in a car, whether seated in the front or in the back. It is absolutely not permitted to transport children under the age of three in a car without seatbelts. Child seats and booster seats must meet certain European safety criteria and carry a testing label. It should be clear that the requirement to use child seats is not intended to make life difficult for drivers but because children have the right to be transported safely.

Don't worry about helmet head

The law says that when a crash is between a motorized vehicle and a nonmotorized vehicle that the motorzied one is at fault for insurance and legal purposes. If a child is injured in such an accident the liability is increased also....

The law says that when a crash is between a motorized vehicle and a nonmotorized vehicle that the motorzied one is at fault for insurance and legal purposes. If a child is injured in such an accident the liability is increased also....

I will call you a winner. !!!!!!!

The law says that when a crash is between a motorized vehicle and a nonmotorized vehicle that the motorzied one is at fault for insurance and legal purposes. If a child is injured in such an accident the liability is increased also.... In fact the whole law system has changed for this one. In case of a child getting hurt in an accident with a motorized vehicle the motorized vehecle is "not innocent untill proven quilty, but quilty untill proven innocent" in very extreme circumstances only.

That one only applies for children under the age of 12. In the other cases you will still get your day in court the "usual" way. There was a big rough over this changing the legal system thing.

Sorry about the spelling. I hope you all understand

Edited by Sivota

I will call you a winner. !!!!!!!

The law says that when a crash is between a motorized vehicle and a nonmotorized vehicle that the motorzied one is at fault for insurance and legal purposes. If a child is injured in such an accident the liability is increased also.... In fact the whole law system has changed for this one. In case of a child getting hurt in an accident with a motorized vehicle the motorized vehecle is "not inocent untill proven quilty, but quilty untill proven inocent" in very extreme circumstances only.

That one only applies for children under the age of 12. In the other cases you will still get your day in court the "usual" way. There was a big rough over this changing the legal system thing.

Sorry about the spelling. I hope you all understand

Thanks Sivota for the cointest!! I had read that about the extreme circumstances but couldn't find it again! LOL The dog will be very happy now as he wants to go out.....

Wear your helmet as your life may depend on it!!

Hey we are all guilty of some misspelling. I would never know that English isn't your first language if I didn't know you are Dutch :laughing:

You are so well informed that you have already given the anwer to two of my other questions. :laughing:

Let me know everyone, if I mis any right answers because of not understanding the language very much.

Here is question number two, for the second Q Treiber coin:

In 2008 a new law was made for all trucks, obligating them to………?

I am going to sleep now and won't be back for about 8 hours. to cack back on the answers. So have fun everybody

You are so well informed that you have already given the anwer to two of my other questions. :laughing:

I don't think that I am so well informed, its just that I read SO many laws and scanned many sceintific papers.....LOL Of course I did learn a lot about the EU too.....

All commercial vehicles above 3.5 tonnes GVW must be fitted with wide-angle mirrors and a pavement mirror with an enlarged field of view before April 2009. These mirrors have been required on new vehicles for some years, but the law also requires these for all vehicles above 3.5 tonnes registered in or after January 2000.

Check your mirrors regularly

All commercial vehicles above 3.5 tonnes GVW must be fitted with wide-angle mirrors and a pavement mirror with an enlarged field of view before April 2009. These mirrors have been required on new vehicles for some years, but the law also requires these for all vehicles above 3.5 tonnes registered in or after January 2000.

Winner!!!!

First posting right: Great !!!!!

This law saves the lives of a lot of cycling schoolkids in the Netherlands.

Good morning to you all. You all seem walking books of law to me about the Dutch trafic rules. It make making up some questions hard, but I am glad that you are so well informed.

Question number 3 is a sad one.

This year the Royal Dutch Auto Club and the Royal Dutch Motor Club are working in a combined action to make the roads saver for Bike riders.

The reason is that last year more Bikers got severely wounded and more bikers got killed.

How many Bikers were killed in trafic in 2008 (in the Netherlands)

How many Bikers got severly wounded in trafic in 2008 (in the Netherlands)

To give you an idea of numbers and sizes;

The Netherlands have 16,5 miljon inhabitants,

the Netherlands fit about four times into Wisconsin.

Edited by Sivota

Is it too late to call time? I apologize for being away from my computer!

And TIME it is!! I will choose a winner or two and send coin info out soon...THANKS Eartha, well done!

Rainy morning, supposed to get around an inch or so before the day is out...but I'm soooo happy, it doesn't matter!! The coins are coming, the coins are coming!!!!! When they do get in, I'll have to try to get a good picture so I can get these up for sale....maybe either Rusty or Sally will be able to help there!!

Also, I'll need addresses for all of the investors....

So much work in the near future....I LOVE IT!!

Rainy morning, supposed to get around an inch or so before the day is out...but I'm soooo happy, it doesn't matter!! The coins are coming, the coins are coming!!!!! When they do get in, I'll have to try to get a good picture so I can get these up for sale....maybe either Rusty or Sally will be able to help there!!

Also, I'll need addresses for all of the investors....

So much work in the near future....I LOVE IT!!

:lol::wub::wub::):laughing:

Winner!!!!

First posting right: Great !!!!!

This law saves the lives of a lot of cycling schoolkids in the Netherlands.

Yahooooo. Got lucky lucking and it just seemed to fit with the theme of your questions. Thanks for the cointest.

edit to add Watch those mirrors religiously

Edited by snowball 58

Good morning to you all. You all seem walking books of law to me about the Dutch trafic rules. It make making up some questions hard, but I am glad that you are so well informed.

Question number 3 is a sad one.

This year the Royal Dutch Auto Club and the Royal Dutch Motor Club are working in a combined action to make the roads saver for Bike riders.

The reason is that last year more Bikers got severely wounded and more bikers got killed.

How many Bikers were killed in trafic in 2008 (in the Netherlands)

How many Bikers got severly wounded in trafic in 2008 (in the Netherlands)

To give you an idea of numbers and sizes;

The Netherlands have 16,5 miljon inhabitants,

the Netherlands fit about four times into Wisconsin.

Thanks for more cointests!! I'm pretty sure I came across that sad number last night :lol: So I will sit here and watch as others find the data LOL Google is a good friend or was it yahoo?

Wear your helmet as the brain you save may be your own.

Oh boy! I searched but I found info about the deaths in accidents in 2007! I know that you want the 2008 but... Well I will keep trying!

Anyway, here are the results I got for 2007!

there were 791 deaths generaly and from them, there were 189 with bicycles, 80 with mopeds and 65 with motocycles!

ride safely!

According to the Dutch police records in 2007;

- 59 Bikers died in trafic accidents and

- 536 Bikers were admitted to hospital for more than 48 hours.

But what are the stats over 2008? UFgatorgirl is very close

Saw we both posted at about the same time. I meant your first post!!!!!

Well, you've got to love our friends at Hayes State Park....WOW! Contacted about a magazine article, she directed the writer to me! NICE!! Although I am a bit shyish when it comes to talking (yeah, you guys believe that, right???), I always appreciate the opportunity to share my caching experiences.

You can bet I will be talking about Todie's Wild Ride, too!! I hope to get with him this weekend or early next, maybe even take him caching!! Might even have the tribute coins to show him???

Well, you've got to love our friends at Hayes State Park....WOW! Contacted about a magazine article, she directed the writer to me! NICE!! Although I am a bit shyish when it comes to talking (yeah, you guys believe that, right???), I always appreciate the opportunity to share my caching experiences.

You can bet I will be talking about Todie's Wild Ride, too!! I hope to get with him this weekend or early next, maybe even take him caching!! Might even have the tribute coins to show him???

...or make him a geocacher, and he will participate the TWR race with a coin too! Since he is a writer he can put as a mission that every cacher who will find this coin to say a story, a real one, about an accident they had (or saw, or someone close to them had), and write what it went wrong and how all this could be avoided!

..Or even... he can select some of the logs of his coin and keep a line in the magazine of how the bike awarenes race is going, where the coin went and how geocaching helped....

Just some crazy ideas.... :lol:

No more blood on the roads, no more tears of loss!

Hello friends :lol:

We did our first motor cache today and i had much fun.

We placed Gatoulis and JohnMac56 geocoins in this cache. :wub:

We thought this would be a great and important cache to start the awareness.

So thank you Sivota for giving these coins away and thank you Gatoulis and JohnMac56 for letting me set the coins free.

i had a great time riding whole day motorbike.

I will log in englisch what this cache means and i will put the photos by the coins.

Some Photos will place later because of cache information.

So keep a eye at the coinpages.

Greetings from the Netherlands :wub:

Hello friends :lol:

So thank you Sivota for giving these coins away and thank you Gatoulis and JohnMac56 for letting me set the coins free.

I will log in englisch what this cache means and i will put the photos by the coins.

Greetings from the Netherlands :wub:

:)

Hello friends :wub:

Greetings from the Netherlands :)

:laughing:

Corina... you are thanking me?? I thank you for helping the coin start its journey from the Netherlands!!!! :lol:

64 deaths and 700 injuries.

don't be a drowsy driver

Gatoulis, you are right. It is like a war zone and these are very confronting answers. I am enthousiastic though about the joint action to make the roads saver for Bikers.

So let me help you:

64 deaths is the right answer,

700 injuries??? Very close.

I will let you guess for about half an hour. The one who is closest to the answer, will be the winner.

Edited by Sivota