Remember Me At logIn

trvlnmny

When I log into Geocaching.com I click on the Remember Me box. Yet the next time I log in I must provide my userid and password again.

I am using W XP and IE 7. My cookies setting is set at Med but I cahange it to accept All Cookies and that did not seem to work.

Thanks for any help.

When I log into Geocaching.com I click on the Remember Me box. Yet the next time I log in I must provide my userid and password again.

I am using W XP and IE 7. My cookies setting is set at Med but I cahange it to accept All Cookies and that did not seem to work.

Thanks for any help.

Does IE7 still have the "delete offline files after closing" (can't remember the exact words) switch?

If it does and it's checked, that's probably why it's doing that.

Are your browsers set to keep cookies even when the browser quits?

The "Remember Me" box won't auto-fill your name and password. It will just keep you logged in until you log out.

I have set my IE Privacy level from Med to Accept All Cookies. I then logged in and set the Remember Switch on. I then logged off. When I logged in for the second time I had to enter my UserId and Password. Nothing had been saved.

Any help please!!

The "Remember Me" box won't auto-fill your name and password. It will just keep you logged in until you log out.

I have set my IE Privacy level from Med to Accept All Cookies. I then logged in and set the Remember Switch on. I then logged off. When I logged in for the second time I had to enter my UserId and Password. Nothing had been saved.

Any help please!!

Any help please!!

I have that selected and it still does not work???

Any help please!!

When you say you logged off, do you mean that you clicked on the "Log out" link in the top right corner? If so, that's the problem. When you click that link the cookie gets deleted and you have to log back in the next time you go to the site. If you just close the browser window, you stay logged in and it should remember you the next time.

Edited by Yossarian

I'd like to attribute this to using the 'Log Out' feature but that is not the case for me.

Up until just a few days ago (4-5?) each time I went to the Geocaching.com url my settings would automatically log in. Now, no matter what I try I cannot get the autolog to work.

What bugs me though is the thought that some other program may have caused this but, today, when I came to Groundspeak.com my autologin worked here. Won't work at Geocaching and yes, cookies are set to authorized for Geocaching

Any thoughts on how to fix this? It has worked without problem since first signing on in May but not any more!

TIA

Only logging in from one computer so that's not an issue.

This is getting really frustrating though since its such a waste of time, even more so now that I've begun using GSAK and am trying to update a bunch of caches (400+) already on my GPSr. I don't want to spend the hours necessary to go back in and rebuild the data manually when GSAK is such a great tool for the task.