Pouch Cache?

Here in my neck of the woods, a pouch cache is a small geocache container secreted inside the pouch of a female marsupial, usually an opossum or a kangaroo, and thus the cache moves about with the animal as it roams its territory; this makes the find somewhat more challenging.

I thought locationless caches weren't allowed anymore.

Jim

Here in my neck of the woods, a pouch cache is a small geocache container secreted inside the pouch of a female marsupial, usually an opossum or a kangaroo, and thus the cache moves about with the animal as it roams its territory; this makes the find somewhat more challenging.

You have kangaroos in Western MD? :rolleyes: Possums sure-they make good eatin' up there but roos are not indigenous to your neck of the woods, nor any other body part of the woods.

I thought locationless caches weren't allowed anymore.

Jim

They are not listed as locationless caches, but rather as moving geocaches, and the waypoint coords are updated automatically by the GPS-driven radiobeacon transponder every 20 minutes.

I've never heard of them, and I've never seen a cache that's a ziploc wrapped in duct tape, either. :rolleyes:

Funny this should come up, I just posted in another topic about having to return 5 times to look for a cache, spent literally hours looking. Took my son on the 6th trip and he found it in under 3 minutes.

It was a small flat baggie wrapped in tape inserted into the crack under a picnic table and the table leg.

That cache (Glazed and Confused) lasted several years.

I've never heard of them, and I've never seen a cache that's a ziploc wrapped in duct tape, either. :rolleyes:

I've done two. One was a guardrail hide the other was slipped in the whatever you call the "bark" of a palm tree. The last one was a tough find, you had to look at it just right to see it. Both were in California.

Jim

Edited by jholly

We found three of these while caching around Sacramento this week. The small pill dose size zips with the right color duct tape can be very difficult to find. One of them took us three tries and a hint from the cache owner. :huh: We must have looked right at that one at least 5 times and didn't know that's what it was. We had already found the other two and knew what we were looking for... they can be very evil. :)

Edited by twotfd

Yes I put out one of these on a guard rail. Had a magnet in it. Lamost impossible to see. People loved it if they found it.

I did a series of six "backroads" caches a couple of weeks ago and the one in the duct tape wrapped pouch in the guard rail was the only one that gave me any trouble. Sometimes a little geo-experience causes us to look for something that we expect to see in some areas. See a guard rail and you expect to find a magnetic key case or nano. I recently found a nano cache that was hidden on an old steam train. After a couple of hours of searching I started to check a couple of nearby signs and checking for water sprinkler heads.