Pinched Log?

blb9556

I feel stupid asking this question with over 100 finds :rolleyes: but in logs I occasionally see someone wrote "The log is pinched". What does this mean?

I've never heard it phrased quite like that. The term I'm most familiar with is 'pinched a loaf' but I guess 'pinched a log' works, too. :blink:

I was thinking the same thing.

or something like

"I was looking for the cache but had to stop and pinch off a log! TNLSomething!"

I feel stupid asking this question with over 100 finds :o but in logs I occasionally see someone wrote "The log is pinched". What does this mean?

Prime Suspect is probably pretty much on the money. The cacher probably took it from one of their other caches that they archived or did maintenance on and just chose a weird way of phrasing it.

I feel stupid asking this question with over 100 finds :ph34r: but in logs I occasionally see someone wrote "The log is pinched". What does this mean?

I've never heard it phrased quite like that. The term I'm most familiar with is 'pinched a loaf' but I guess 'pinched a log' works, too. :o

I was thinking the same thing.

or something like

"I was looking for the cache but had to stop and pinch off a log! TNLSomething!"

Aw man...that'd be one heck of a cache find right there.

In fact, I carry a backup ammo can, logbook, pen and swag in case someone pinches my box - I can start over right then and there, near the cache location - just pop open the back of the cachemobile, grab the geocache kit, and drop it in the same spot. No sweat.