Can I bury my ammo box cache underground?

B-Lo Cacher

I want to bury a large plastic container that my 50 cal. ammo box fits into just under the ground (the plastic container (with a towel to clean hands) because I do not want yucky dirt and/or mud to get on the treasures). I am going to cover it with about an inch of dirt and then some rocks...I will also have a small gnome among the rocks. The sight will be obvious to the treasure hunter. I am new to the hobby and have read that it is not proper to bury caches. My feeling is that some people would like this challenge and a bit of a change. In my description it will be obvious what people are getting into and a garden shovel is an essential item i am listing to bring.

From the guidelines:

Caches may be quickly archived if we see the following (which is not inclusive):

* Caches that are buried. If a shovel, trowel or other “pointy” object is used to dig, whether in order to hide or to find the cache, then it is not appropriate.

Generally, this is a big no-no.

Welcome to the Forums! :blink:

The short answer is "No." Then I would suggest you read the Guidelines again, carefully. And then you might want to re-read them.

This could become an interesting topic . . . :(

We need a land mine icon that can be placed by these threads.

NO NO NO NO, don't bury the cache.

You can camo it enough that you don't need to bury it.