Public apology

Teioneon

I am not sure if this belongs here or another section. Please feel free to move accordingly.

Last Sept. I retrieved a Canadian geocoin from a cache. I waited until the people who dropped it off to log it as so before I logged as retrieved. It took them about a month to do so.

In the course of life and all its insanity, I lost the coin somewhere in my residence. I admit I was a schmuck and did not reply to an email from coin owners but I did want to wait until I found the coin since I knew it was somewhere in my home.

To keep it short....I finally found the coin and was able to get it to a TB Hotel today.

My apologies to AJR77 regarding Canadian geocoin. It is back on the road and hopefully retrieved to go North soon.

It is in K is Kansas (GCQ4W3) on the NY Thruway Eastbound Dewitt service area.

Again, I apologize for my screw up with this situation.

Dave

Edited by Keystone

I am not sure if this belongs here or another section. Please feel free to move accordingly.

Last Sept. I retrieved a Canadian geocoin from a cache. I waited until the people who dropped it off to log it as so before I logged as retrieved. It took them about a month to do so.

In the course of life and all its insanity, I lost the coin somewhere in my residence. I admit I was a schmuck and did not reply to an email from coin owners but I did want to wait until I found the coin since I knew it was somewhere in my home.

To keep it short....I finally found the coin and was able to get it to a TB Hotel today.

My apologies to AJR77 regarding Canadian geocoin. It is back on the road and hopefully retrieved to go North soon.

Dave

Glad you found it and have moved it along. You shouldn't post the real trackable ID here, otherwise some people won't be able to resist the temptation to log it.

I just received one of our coins in the mail yesterday from a cacher who couldn't move it along. A series of emails resulted in his deciding to mail it back to me. The owners are undoubtedly happy that the coin is moving again.

Good job!

Edited by Keystone

I've edited the original post (and the quote of the original post) to remove the tracking number for this resurrected geocoin.

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Geocoin Discussions forum.

:unsure: Thanks for move and editing! I do appreciate it.

Dave

If I had a Geocoin for every time I couldn't find something really important in my home...

I'd have a really big collection!

Good on ya! Nice that everything has worked out.

Dave

It's fine. Some coins sit in caches for a year so its pretty much like that. Glad you found it though :blink: