First to Find

How long did it take for your first cache to be found, does it normally take a long time for caches to have a first to find

We have just placed our first to find in Northumbria and it was published on the 04 June which is pretty much straight away and I know it might take a few weeks but im really eager for someone to find it

There were loads of people logging finds in Northumberland when we started a few weeks ago then it seems to have gone a little quiet, we have even had a few good days of nice weather

Am I just being over eager

How long did it take for your first cache to be found, does it normally take a long time for caches to have a first to find

We have just placed our first to find in Northumbria and it was published on the 04 June which is pretty much straight away and I know it might take a few weeks but im really eager for someone to find it

There were loads of people logging finds in Northumberland when we started a few weeks ago then it seems to have gone a little quiet, we have even had a few good days of nice weather

Out of our area but it will happen.

note I said "more than" ha ha ha

Most are found within a hour or so during the weekends and early evenings, and overnight if late on!!

The trouble with leaving them overnight is that you have to get out before sunrise to stand a chance of being first.

Earlier this month we went out to find a cache published late at night. We found it first at 1:05am :D if we'd been ten minutes later we would have been second :D

Life is so hard at times! :)

P

I'd not be to concerned - sometimes caches are found on the same day you place them, sometimes not. With a cache in a more remote area, it may take a little while as they are more time consuming to get to and/or people need to travel further.

I'm biased since one of our caches is the nearest to this one, but it's a wonderful area.

We'd have to arrange a babysitter for the old dog so we're avoiding caches with a longer walk at the moment but it's definitely on our to-do list.

Having looked at your cache, it doesn't look as though it is the sort of place that people can pop to on the way to/from work or in the lunch hour. Wait for the weekend and I am sure you will get someone there (unless the weather is bad - it doesn't look from the map as though it would be a bundle of fun in heavy rain in a North wind).

Tricks for a fast FTF:

Leave an interesting coin or 'in demand' TB (something you need to find another cache, perhaps) in the cache to motivate people

Include '£50 note' in a list of original cache contents :D

Incentivise people - a lottery scratch card for the FTF perhaps. Greed can be used shamelessly (think of those 'It's about the numbers' trails you may have done)

Anyone else have a suggestion to kick-start a must-visit cache?

A straight forwards cache FTF usually picked up within 30 mins in our neck of the woods [Reigate -Surrey] but there are alot of cachers around here with nothing better to do with our lives !!! :laughing::D:D:rolleyes:

Travers is yours the blawearie one

I want to get up there soon

We put a NAUTICALIA WEATHER FORECASTER which was £10 and aftershave for the guys in there and some new burt bees and sally hansen lipgloss for the women and a few things for the kids

If anyone could have a look at the cache page and say if they think thats okay as I wouldnt want to put in anything unsuitable

Its not a hard wakl at all 10-15 minutes from where you park the car - well if you walk as slow as I do

Do you think that someone might have been and not logged it on here yet

I was getting quite excited at someone finding it as some new ones seem to be found in a few hours but everytime I look no one has logged it

Our Blawearie cache is a 3 mile round trip and looking at the OS map, I assumed yours was a similar distance (just from the other direction) so that's more than some people want to walk.

One of our other caches is almost a 6 mile round trip, so don't worry about the distance - people 'will' visit, just not so many as a drive by or urban cache.

Our Blawearie cache is a 3 mile round trip and looking at the OS map, I assumed yours was a similar distance (just from the other direction) so that's more than some people want to walk.

One of our other caches is almost a 6 mile round trip, so don't worry about the distance - people 'will' visit, just not so many as a drive by or urban cache.

I dont even think its a mile from where you park

You can walk up in about 10 minutes

Yep hopefully someone will go up, I thought the nice countryside ones would be more popular that urban ones

The cache look fine to me, in so far as I can tell from the cache page. I'm surprised no-one's found it yet, but then again, none of the four nearest caches, all within two miles of it, have been found since late May, so perhaps it's just a quiet area. But someone will be along soon, maybe even today.

Yes it has been found I am really pleased and the first poster was so complementary though I wish they had felt like they could have taken something without swapping as they were the first to find though maybe I should have put that on somewhere

They did a really nice post about the area as well

Hopefully more people will be along to find it soon

I was getting worried that the petrol strike would stop people geo caching this weekend