Discover you own Coins?

grp318

No, You can't discover your own coins. :rolleyes:

Actually, you can. I just tried this to see if it would work.

I logged a DISCOVERED IT on one of my coins, got the email notificaiton as the owner, but don't immediately see the icon on my profile under "trackables moved/discovered".

I don't know if there's a latency involved in getting the icon, but I wouldn't think so.

In any case, I guess the question is "why would you want to?"

If I meet up with my travelling geocoins, I may write a quick note that it's good to see it there, etc.....

But I don't discover, unless I slip a cog on the log.... so to speak.

Always fun to open a cache and see one of my coins. Sometimes I will retrieve it and move it on, if it is in a seldom visited cache, or been there far too long. And I even take them home for mission repair - they all have a mission card in the other flap of the coin flip flop envelope, so that those who find them don't have to wait till logging them to see the mission.

The discovery option would be available in cases that Butterfly Lady mentioned: you find your own coins somewhere. The only reason I could see to use it though is to confirm for others that the coin is indeed in the cache.

The icons for your owned coins will not show up on your moved/discovered side. You do get an email when you move/discover them though, because you are owner of the coin/TB.

I guess if i found it at an event or in a cache i would maybe grab it back to show on the logs that it had come full circle. To me it would be more of a note against the bug as record. Don't think i would think to use the discover option.

As said on the icon side, if i want the icon on both sides i'll find someone elses coin and move it along on it's mission.

No, You can't discover your own coins. :)

Actually, you can. I just tried this to see if it would work.

I logged a DISCOVERED IT on one of my coins, got the email notificaiton as the owner, but don't immediately see the icon on my profile under "trackables moved/discovered".

I don't know if there's a latency involved in getting the icon, but I wouldn't think so.

In any case, I guess the question is "why would you want to?"

Retrieve, Note, Discover all work. No extra stat for the owner or for finders logging it twice.