cheap sig items

Do anyone one have a good site to get cheap, personalize items to use as a sig item? I've been looking around but nothing I can find lets get less than 100 or 250 items.

TIA

Cheapest way is to manufacture your own sig item. Just sit and think of some good ideas and make a prototype.

I design tokens in plaster then form a mold and cast as many as needed.

Do anyone one have a good site to get cheap, personalize items to use as a sig item? I've been looking around but nothing I can find lets get less than 100 or 250 items.

TIA

Cheapest way is to manufacture your own sig item. Just sit and think of some good ideas and make a prototype.

I design tokens in plaster then form a mold and cast as many as needed.

That is a good idea. We were thinking of doing shrinky dinks. That is another option

Sometimes you can make a regular item of signature item. There was a Geocacher who used to leave a rubber chicken in every cache he found. I leave an envelope with forgein coins with my name on it.

I think I am going with the shrinky dinks. They sell plastic sheets for the printer. I ordered a few packs. I am going to see how many items I can yield from one sheet of paper. If this is not worth it, It will be poker chips with decals on them

How much are you looking to spend and how many items do you want?

I was thinking of getting as much as I can for $30 - $40

I just ordered 30 buttons, with a design made for me, for 29 bucks. That included shipping and a small charge for the design work. For me, that was perfect. I eventually want to get some wooden coins, but haven't found a company that does what I'm looking for, yet.

Go with the shrinky dinks. The ones that I have seen like that have been really cool.

BTW, sciplus.com had shrinky dink paper in stock a while back. You might want to check to see if they still have it.

Edited to add that they still have it. It's item # 92130.

I should also mention that a web search found that you can use clear #6 plastic, also. See here.

Edited by sbell111

Go with the shrinky dinks. The ones that I have seen like that have been really cool.

BTW, sciplus had shrinky dink paper in stock a while back. YOu might want to check to see if they still have it.

I was able to order the paper from Shrinkydinks.com. Its a little pricey but I am not sure how many items I can get for it.

If I can get 8 a page, 6 pages per pack so that would be 48 for $11 or $0.23 each and I can make each one unique if I want.

It should be worth it

BTW, sciplus had shrinky dink paper in stock a while back. YOu might want to check to see if they still have it.

I was able to order the paper from Shrinkydinks.com. Its a little pricey but I am not sure how many items I can get for it.

If I can get 8 a page, 6 pages per pack so that would be 48 for $11 or $0.23 each and I can make each one unique if I want.

It should be worth it

If you need more, sciplus' price of $4.95 for eight sheets might make it an easier decision.

If you need more, sciplus' price of $4.95 for eight sheets might make it an easier decision.

I'll have to try that when I run out. I'm not sure if they are made for deskjet printers like the ones I ordered. If I could draw, I could get 50 pages from shrinkydink for $20. But I am horrible :grin:

How much are you looking to spend and how many items do you want?

I was thinking of getting as much as I can for $30 - $40

I got about 700 golf pencils with 3 lines of text for about that price on the internet. They are useful for the logs without a pen and small enough to fit in most caches.

I got about 700 golf pencils with 3 lines of text for about that price on the internet. They are useful for the logs without a pen and small enough to fit in most caches.

I almost pulled the trigger on some pens last night for about that price but I wanted more ideas before I bought them

I am a bit of a computer geek so I have old computer parts everywhere. I had a stash of 30 pin SIMM's that I put a sticker on the back that said "Adium was here". Now I have found a place that sells them for 50 cents a piece.

My wife is Korean and we have a small dish full of Korean coins that aren't very special too us, but most other cachers think they are the coolest things so she drops those in. A single 10 won coin is worth about a penny. Depending on where you live you can find a world bank that will give you something like that too.

Is a penny too expensive? Use your imagination.

I am a bit of a computer geek so I have old computer parts everywhere. I had a stash of 30 pin SIMM's that I put a sticker on the back that said "Adium was here". Now I have found a place that sells them for 50 cents a piece.

I have hundreds of old SIMMS, DIMMS, etc. I bought a bunch of split keyrings at a local craft store, about 150 for around $7.00. I threaded a SIMM on a ring and have left them. I have seen these sold at flea markets and such for a buck each. The SIMMS costed me nothing and a ring figures out to be 5 cents each. I'm not using them for a sig item, but they could be.

I have also seen plans to creat a clipboard from a motherboard, just haven't found a cache large enough to fit one in yet. :grin:

I have hundreds of old SIMMS, DIMMS, etc. I bought a bunch of split keyrings at a local craft store, about 150 for around $7.00. I threaded a SIMM on a ring and have left them. I have seen these sold at flea markets and such for a buck each. The SIMMS costed me nothing and a ring figures out to be 5 cents each. I'm not using them for a sig item, but they could be.

I have also seen plans to creat a clipboard from a motherboard, just haven't found a cache large enough to fit one in yet. :rolleyes:

Your post reminds me of something that was shared on a pen turning forum that I hang out on. It's a pen made out of circuit board. I won't bore you with the details, but its neither quick, easy, or cheap, but it would make an awesome sig item.

SoundCardPen02.jpg

I've been going thru the same thing, I came up with a custom stamp, There's loads of companies that do it on line. The company I used let me load a image also. The stamp was $30 and 100 wooden nickle blanks were $17, so the first batch I make will cost around .50 cents each, After that .17 cents. I'll post a pic of the Stamp I designed later, right now I'm at work right now. OH btw It'll be here in about 5 days. :)

Edited by 24kilo

I've been going thru the same thing, I came up with a custom stamp, There's loads of companies that do it on line. The company I used let me load a image also. The stamp was $30 and 100 wooden nickle blanks were $17, so the first batch I make will cost around .50 cents each, After that .17 cents. I'll post a pic of the Stamp I designed later, right now I'm at work right now. OH btw It'll be here in about 5 days. :mad:

the web site would be good too :)

I've been going thru the same thing, I came up with a custom stamp, There's loads of companies that do it on line. The company I used let me load a image also. The stamp was $30 and 100 wooden nickle blanks were $17, so the first batch I make will cost around .50 cents each, After that .17 cents. I'll post a pic of the Stamp I designed later, right now I'm at work right now. OH btw It'll be here in about 5 days. :)

the web site would be good too :mad:

Gotcha will post it tonight

Edited by 24kilo

I have two stamps, a large and a small.

blue-adium-stamp.pngblack-rn-stamp.png

After I got it I found out that they have this thing called a pocket stamp, which folds nicely in your pocket.

Pocket%20stamp%20-%20open.JPGPocket_Stamp_R25_Indigo.jpg

Those are open and closed pics of the same stamp. Lots of places sell them just google pocket stamp. As soon as mine wears out this will be the one I go for.

There is also the pen stamp.

Print_Pen_Ruby.jpg

Edited by Adium

Cheap is relative, but something you made yourself is the most desirable for my collection of sig items.

I use a cast metal Kokopelli charm (2 styles, in 2 colors) I buy from a local shop for $.40 each. Not really cheap, so I'm a bit selective about which caches I leave them in.

I'll bet you could find a not-so-expensive hockey-stick charm to use, if you want to go with something pre-made.

Edited by AZcachemeister

I have taken to placing old coins in caches. Been using Buffalo Nickels lately. Can get them for about 6 bucks per roll of 40 off Ebay. A bunch of coin sleeves costs a couple dollars and I am set. Can stick a slip of paper with my name on it in with the coin if I wanted to, but I have not gotten that far just yet.

Sometimes you can make a regular item of signature item. There was a Geocacher who used to leave a rubber chicken in every cache he found. I leave an envelope with forgein coins with my name on it.

I think I am going with the shrinky dinks. They sell plastic sheets for the printer. I ordered a few packs. I am going to see how many items I can yield from one sheet of paper. If this is not worth it, It will be poker chips with decals on them

You'll also want to get the spray to water proof the shrinky dinks. otherwise they will bleed over everything.

I did these for a couple of years. I'm now in the process of designing a new sig item.