How often do you download PQ to your palm?

familyfunfor6

We just figured out the whole paperless caching. I have 5 catagories of caches downloaded. We travel often and sometimes at a moments notice so, I want to be ready. I did the 2 bigger cities we live near, where my in-laws live and 2 route ones which would all be on the way to our parents houses. I have them in the palm in the different databases so I know what is what.

Stefanie

A PQ takes less than 5 minutes to reach my inbox (usually), so I never do regular downloads. I setup and run a PQ just before leaving my house most of them time and update my PPC and GPSr with the info. Takes me less than 10 minutes typically. Maybe 15 if I need to combine 2 or 3 PQs.

Because caches get Disabled and Archived all the time, I update my GSAK database about once a week, purging any caches that didn't update using the "Last .gpx Update" filter in GSAK. After I send the waypoints to my GPSr, I Export a new .pdb file and transfer it to the Palm, so I don't have stale data and have the information for all the new caches.

Because I cache almost daily and I don't know where I'm going to be, and because I mostly rely on Garmin's customized POI feature, I update my PDA every 2-4 days. Primarily, so I can have the most up to date info on DNF's. With GSAK, I can put the last four attempts on the waypoint. If I see a cache has two DNFs in a row, I will tend to skip it for one that had a find in the last attempt. And since I'm updating my POIs almost daily, it barely adds two minutes to update the PDA as well.

The PQs come into GSAK automatically (currently 12 of them), and I export to the Palm either Friday night or Saturday morning. Every once in a while, I delete ALL unfound caches in Cachemate on the Palm, just to get rid of the junk buildup

How do you get PQ's into GSAK automatically?

The PQs come into GSAK automatically (currently 12 of them), and I export to the Palm either Friday night or Saturday morning. Every once in a while, I delete ALL unfound caches in Cachemate on the Palm, just to get rid of the junk buildup

How do you get PQ's into GSAK automatically?

Under the File menu... "Get data via email". The trick is to have your PQs go to an email address that you use ONLY for PQs (set that at the bottom of the screen on each PQ). Then, you can use that menu item to have them all load automatically.