Inexpensive Geo-coin

shw104

Looking for an inexpensive geo-coin/bug that is trackable.. doesn't need to be anything complicated or expensive.. just a simple coin or item that can be used for the purpose..

new to geocaching.. have seen a number of online companies who sell very nice/colorful coins but they are somewhat expensive for the purpose..

any suggestions???

thanks!

Scott

Looking for an inexpensive geo-coin/bug that is trackable.. doesn't need to be anything complicated or expensive.. just a simple coin or item that can be used for the purpose..

new to geocaching.. have seen a number of online companies who sell very nice/colorful coins but they are somewhat expensive for the purpose..

any suggestions???

thanks!

Scott

Castle coins and pins sells Cacher Geocoins which are micro coins that are trackable, they are pretty, they are cheap, and the have a hole so you can attach them to stuff. They make great travelers.

There a couple different colors available for purchase in the webstore.

Purple Version

Hey Scott:

I was going to suggest a link for a recent offer - Fortune Favors the Bold coin at around $8.00, but it looks like they may be sold out. Stunning coin, I'm trying wait patiently for mine to come in!

There are several manufacturers that offer inexpensive trackable coins and I'm not trying to push one or the other, but I recently placed an order for Cursed Pirate Booty coins at $7.50 each in Shiny Gold. There are also other coins at that price range or cheaper. Check out:

https://chqualitycoins.com/mm5/merchant.mvc...tegory_Code=OGC

As people have mentioned, a number of vendors offer a cheap version trackable. Looking around, the Travel Slug is certainly the cheapest way currently to get something that is trackable. Occasionally other vendors offer theirs at a special price, but I can't recall seeing them as cheap as the Travel Slug.

any suggestions???

thanks!

Scott

My trackable with unique icon personal coin is still available at CHQuaility coins for around $6. A coin shaped like Michigan with mt Jeep Liberty smashing through. It has glow in the dark headlights as well as translucent lake!

For just releasing as travelers (without a large risk of getting stolen) I like my cheapy tokens from geocoins.net. They are thinner than a tb tag, and as big around as an average wooden nickel. By no means would I consider them a "Coin" but I'm happy with them as trackable tokens. Most who I have given some to and the finders seem to have fun with them. They can be personalized, and are about $25 for ten of them(if I remember right)