Ever had one of those days...

Well, we have!

Set out to find three caches today and found.... nothing!!!

Cache 1: Multi with a magnetic micro on a bridge - not a sign of it anywhere

Cache 2: Trad somewhere along a bridleway - inaccuracy in the GPS signal meant we had two hedgerows to search for a distance of about 30 feet in either direction

Cache 3: Much the same as 2 - no clues provided for either 2 or 3 which (may) have narrowed the search area

Pretty much hacked off at this point so gave up and headed home - nearly flung the GPSr as far as I could but sainity kicked in just in time!

Please tell me you've had similar days??

I'm blaming sunspots........... (see http://www.rps.psu.edu/probing/sunstorm.html)

Well, we have!

Cache 2: Trad somewhere along a bridleway - inaccuracy in the GPS signal meant we had two hedgerows to search for a distance of about 30 feet in either direction

Cache 3: Much the same as 2 - no clues provided for either 2 or 3 which (may) have narrowed the search area

Pretty much hacked off at this point so gave up and headed home - nearly flung the GPSr as far as I could but sainity kicked in just in time!

I'm blaming sunspots........... (see http://www.rps.psu.edu/probing/sunstorm.html)

No! 14 out 14 today, perhaps helped by the sun spots! :rolleyes:

Well, we have!

No! 14 out 14 today, perhaps helped by the sun spots! :rolleyes:

What sun spots. There are not any at the moment. ;) Although I am sure we have all had some bad days - mind - not as bad as Phil and Ruth. If it's a half tidy GPS throw it this way though. :mad:

Once we set out for 12 caches and got so frustrated at 2 DNFs we had (one was genuinely missing though we didn't know that at the time) and the other had really erratic signal) that we gave up after only 2 finds, so we can sympathise!

Well, we have!

6 out of 8 today.... Bloody muggles... Thought about pushing a muggle in the canal, but my 60CSx is well treasured!!

One of our worst days was down in the lakes a couple of months ago. We started off the morning with two DNFs in torrential rain. Next we went on to do fairly hard slog up a hill with paths that kept going back on themselves. Arrived at the top only to find that there was a car park about 300ft away from GZ LOL.......couldn't believe how we missed the road going up to it, I think I must have turned the air blue!! Definitely wasn't the best of days, kept on going though but the mood wasn't great B) .

I've certainly had a 2 or 3 dnf day before with no finds, although now you know if you want to find something there's bound to be a handy 35mm cae micro somewhere nearby just to break the run of bad luck.

Don't worry, the geocaching gods will smile on you another day and you'll find the cache that has had 5 dnf's before you looked and it will only have taken you 5 mins of looking. And as for throwing the GPSr in the river it's as well you didn't, with that days luck you'd have probably missed! B)

You're not alone. I have just had my worst caching week ever. I only found 2 out of 8! Either they are getting harder or I'm going blind. Very frustrating! B)

Know what you mean.......just dug my gps out after a 3year break and set off......spent a good 2hours walking to the find and only to not find it :) .....so it was a 2hour walk back so not a good return to the hunt......but maybe more luck next time. B)

I've almost thrown my garmin at my dad B) after two dnf's in a row and struggling to find the third he was convinced I had pushed the wrong buttons and broken it. Of course we found the third one and he said sorry B) so I lost the impulse to throw it at him :)

Edited by Geo.Kitten