2004 Yellow Jeep travel bug trade for geocoins?

lunalou

No, you don't own it, it should be moved along as intended. You can't trade anyone's Travel Bug for anything. They are game pieces, and not trade items or swag.

Moving to the Travel Bug forums and closing the duplicate thread.

cute.jpg

Does anyone want to trade geo-coins for it? I only ask this b/c Geocoins are the same type of things right? They all belong to the person who has made them, am I right? Although people clearly collect and trade them, am I right, or am I off?

Thanks

LunaLou

cute.jpg

Does anyone want to trade geo-coins for it? I only ask this b/c Geocoins are the same type of things right? They all belong to the person who has made them, am I right? Although people clearly collect and trade them, am I right, or am I off?

Thanks

LunaLou

The difference is:

The Coins you can buy from the creator, once you have done that they belong to you.

The jeeps where set free to travel, they belong to Jeep!

cute.jpg

Thanks

LunaLou

The difference is:

The Coins you can buy from the creator, once you have done that they belong to you.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, instead of being frank and rude. I appreciate that.

LunaLou

<Unauthorized link removed by moderator>

Edited by Eartha

cute.jpg

Thanks

LunaLou

The difference is:

Thanks for clearing that up for me, instead of being frank and rude. I appreciate that.

LunaLou

<link removed by moderator>

That said...do you plan to release that nice new Jeep?? if not, please consider trading me a coin for it so I can free it!! email me if interested!!

Edited by Eartha

Is that link supposed to mean anything. Send me the Jeep and I'll send you one of my personal coins that you can keep then I'll set the Jeep free. I know your getting short on your geocoins Roddy and I have plenty of my personal coins left. You made the offer first Rod so I'll let you make the call. :huh:

cute.jpg

Thanks

LunaLou

The difference is:

LunaLou

<link removed by moderator>

That said...do you plan to release that nice new Jeep?? if not, please consider trading me a coin for it so I can free it!! email me if interested!!

Well said Roddy. Honorable of you.

Edited by Eartha

Don't believe this person over this yellow jeep. If you look at their Ebay auctions they have a lackey coin up for auction right now and in the auction description they claim that they were married to one of the Groundspeak Lackeys is how they got that coin. It would figure that if they were married to a Lackey they would probably know all about the Yellow Jeeps...

Just a observation from the shadows........

cute.jpg

Thanks

LunaLou

Again, no. You can't trade it for geocoins. Geocoins are made by cachers as signature items, or for sale to geocoin collectors. They are tracakble, but the owner of each coin decides to trade or sell it or send it out to caches to travel. Travel bugs are not the same and are not meant to be sold or traded and especially not if you are not the owner of the Travel Bug. Any travel bug. Selling is a definite NO. If this is for sale on ebay you can be reported for selling a stolen item. I would hope it is not on ebay.

They are advertising a trackable coin for sale, although if it is activated, which is highly possible, then the thread should be locked and the link deleted.

If this is the same person with the eBay auctions, then it is the same person who has been spamming myself and others with sales pitches for selling the Lackey coin, prior to putting it on eBay.

Hey there. In fact I was married to a Groundspeak employee, and in fact, I do not know how the jeep TB work. So, there. Awfully presumptuous of you to think that one would somehow imply the other. I came onto this forum looking for help. I googled the question thoroughly before-hand, and couldn't find an answer, so I thought I would ask some people that probably knew.

I have been a Geo-cacher since 2003, yet have not done it recently due to health issues. I just had heart surgery recently, and was trying to raise some extra money because I am $9,800.oo in medical debts now. So I thought selling the coins was a good idea, I first offered them to people on a public website with their e-mails public, without much success, then I put them on e-bay.

I just wanted a question answered not all this petty squabbling about everything. I wanted to know if the tbs were in the same realm as the coins, I now know that they are not.

Thank you for clearing that up.

please practice kindness.

LunaLou

cute.jpg

Thanks

LunaLou

Again, no. You can't trade it for geocoins. Geocoins are made by cachers as signature items, or for sale to geocoin collectors. They are tracakble, but the owner of each coin decides to trade or sell it or send it out to caches to travel. Travel bugs are not the same and are not meant to be sold or traded and especially not if you are not the owner of the Travel Bug. Any travel bug. Selling is a definite NO. If this is for sale on ebay you can be reported for selling a stolen item. I would hope it is not on ebay.

Why can't you trade or sale travel bugs that you own...I get the YJTB---it isn't mine to do with what I want---JEEP owns them. But if I buy a TB dog tag attach a kewl trinket and decide to trade or sale it why is that against the rules...I haven' t done this practice but just wondering....

If someone wants to trade a geocoin for a TB why does it matter to GS. i.e. two offers made in this thread alone and I hinted it would be possible in my initial post not realizing someone would offer or that it would be against the rules.

Any insight would be welcomed....Just Wondering..

They are advertising a trackable coin for sale, although if it is activated, which is highly possible, then the thread should be locked and the link deleted.

If this is the same person with the eBay auctions, then it is the same person who has been spamming myself and others with sales pitches for selling the Lackey coin, prior to putting it on eBay.

I received the same pre-sale ebay pitch...gave some insight to the person with the e-bay listings...as one of the coins offered (moun10bike x-mas)wasn't to be sold and it isn't on ebay...at this time.

Oh well....

Hey there. In fact I was married to a Groundspeak employee, and in fact, I do not know how the jeep TB work. So, there. Awfully presumptuous of you to think that one would somehow imply the other. I came onto this forum looking for help. I googled the question thoroughly before-hand, and couldn't find an answer, so I thought I would ask some people that probably knew.

I have been a Geo-cacher since 2003, yet have not done it recently due to health issues. I just had heart surgery recently, and was trying to raise some extra money because I am $9,800.oo in medical debts now. So I thought selling the coins was a good idea, I first offered them to people on a public website with their e-mails public, without much success, then I put them on e-bay.

I just wanted a question answered not all this petty squabbling about everything. I wanted to know if the tbs were in the same realm as the coins, I now know that they are not.

Thank you for clearing that up.

please practice kindness.

LunaLou

I think post #3 answered your question...then post #6 you asked for a trade... EARTHA is a forums moderator...which they know the law of the land so to speak....Then others indicated the same thing.

I don't think anyone means any harm...just a little frank....this can be a harsh group at times....my recent post indicates I too didn't know you couldn't trade a TB (not the Jeep TB per say since I don't own it) for a geocoin.

OK! Listen! This is why nothing in this forum makes sense!

The purpose and invention of the Geo-coin was to be put into caches and passed around from place to place and travel the world over. They were meant to be logged all along the way and passed on. This has not AT ALL happened and people all over the world are collectors and hoarders of the coins!

That being said, the Jeep travel bug have the same purpose, yet, there are people out there who are hoarders and collectors of them as well. Why is this so different?

Why are people so angry about me trying to trade a Jeep TB when the geo-coins are totally kosher to sell and trade? Why is it OK to trade or sell the Geo-coins, and why are so many people collecting them, when that wasn't their intended purpose either???????? Seems like a double standard to me....

next point: regarding any e-mails that I sent to anyone pre-ebay listings:

I had several people (and I could pretty much quote them) say to me, that I should try selling these on e-bay, and that they would fetch more money this way.

I am just a person looking to raise money for medical bills.

The Jeep travel bug was put out by Jeep for the purpose to travel. Now you can go by a Travel bug tag yours and make a TB that goes from cache to cache. Same goes with the geocoins. You can buy them and send them off or keep them for your collection. I hope that help a little. :huh:

No, Jeeps and geocoins are not the same, geocoins and travel bugs are not the same, and that is why they are in separate forums. Trades do not happen in the TB forums and sales do not either. Travel Bugs are for traveling, collecting stories along the way. Period.

Gecoins are different. Some are trackable, some are not. Some are trades, sold, given away in contests, sold for the benefit of someone or something else, auctioned off on ebay (you better be the owner of it if you do this), or kept in a binder or showcase at home. They travel like travel bugs, but they are not the same thing.

Please read the pinned thread about how to log a travel bug posted at the top of these forums, it contains a lot of information about travel bugs.

Do not offer this jeep for sale or trade, it is meant to travel and be shared with all other cachers whose path it crosses.

Based on your offer to trade the Jeep for a geocoin, I will close this thread now. Trading and sales to not happen in the Travel Bug forums.

Trading it in the geocoin forums won't be allowed either.