[BUG] Member Found Premium Member only Cache!

blb9556

There has always existed a sort of "backdoor" method of logging members only caches with a regular account. It really exists for cachers that were with a premium member when they found the cache. Also, in most cases you can still log an archived cache as teams, families split accounts and cachers catch up on old logging.

The owner can always delete the log but it might be a ligit find - further evidence is usually needed.

Edited by StarBrand

There has always existed a sort of "backdoor" method of logging members only caches with a regular account. It really exists for cachers that were with a premium member when they found the cache. Also, in most cases you can still log an archived cache as teams, families split accounts and cachers catch up on old logging.

The owner can always delete the log but it might be a ligit find - further evidence is usually needed.

Maybe someone who is really motivated can look it up, but I'm sure Jeremy himself (back when he used to interact in the forums) said he had no intention of closing the loophole, and members can log MOC's.

blb9556, you really need to remove the cache container. :o

It is a known back door and there are reasons to allow it. families that have only one PM account and multiple caching accounts is one reason.

If the cache is archived the container should be removed if its not listed on another site.

If he found the cache, he should be able to log it. You don't say anywhere on your cache page that finders MUST be a PM. Groundspeak allows non-PMs to log PMOCs for the reason stated above.

Interesting that the cache container isn't even yours to start with, as you yourself stated in the description. Who are you to say who can log it? :o

I am one of those people that use the back door to log geocaches for my daughters. I am a premium member and my daughters, 9 and 11, are not. They are with me on the hunts and sometimes find it before me. When I log their finds on the page I always start it out by saying, "I went out with my dad, ao318, today....". This way if the owner of the cache has a problem with none premium members finding their cache, they know that these are my daughters out with me for the day.

Another thing is that maybe when the person thought about doing your cache it wasn't archived yet. I sometimes do not check the immediate status of a cache when i go out.

Edited by ao318