Chocolate coin

forthferalz

Those would never travel to a second cache if we found them. My kids would have them devoured before I could even sign the log. LOL

well they can travel to a second cache - the foil is heavy duty stuff - i used to save them as a kid. You just have to lick lick lick clean :( and cut out a 3 inch round of corrugated cardboard to rewrap.

Edited by forthferalz

i think they would be fun as favors at events but food doesn't belong in a cache. Even if we did find them in a cache...I would take it and dispose of it. I don't think I'd let my kids eat some chocolate they found in a cache.

Exactly on both counts... I am surprised that this tread wasn't posted on April 1 :(

Threads in the UK forums have been closed for being 'commercial'.

It's a great pity - I liked the OP topic and the link. But if this is allowed to stay open Groundspeak are guilty of double standards.

Sorry to be a party pooper but the UK section of the geocaching community is reeling at the moment at the loss of two of its three reviewers.

oh there is that better Tooey it's just a bit of fun - I've always wanted a chocolate coin got so excited when i thought the italians had done one!

Nothng personal, I like a bit of fun too, but in the UK forums posters are getting their posts deleted, threads locked because the content is deemed to be commercial and it is not allowed. One was for a calendar - the proceeds of which are for a charity - but we are not allowed to post the details. It just seems to me that there are double standards if some are allowed and some are not, and we don't appear to have been given any good reason for it being so.

Like I said, sorry to be a party pooper, but recent events have prompted me to be 'sensitive' to content.

mmmmmm You can mass produce in chocolate - so anyone wanting to mint an innovative geocoin locally please consider.

corporate choccie coins

might suit Groundspeak

http://www.chocolatecheers.com/Coins/Coins.htm

What a terrific idea if you don't have your own personal geocoin to give away at larger events. Imagine if you had a tracking # printed on the foil and it was to a real to life TB Dog tag or even a coin. Some would log the find and some would miss it in their haste to get to the tasty insides. What fun!