displaying your coins

RedShoesGirl

i saw on one website, can't remember which one, a little wooden thingy that held coins on display. it looked quite nice and elegant and i figure better to have them out to see and enjoy than stuck in a drawer. does that stand sound familiar to anyone?

and what do you do with all those plastic sleeves the coins come in? keep in case you trade?

and should i take my new collection of less than 20 coins with me to the coin event at GW6? in slide sheets? i do have a gazillion of those now that i am working mostly in digital. i even have a challenge coin given to me quite sometime ago by an army officer i was interviewing.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

If you hit eBay or even Google "wood(en) coin racks" you should see a bunch. I think even a few coin vendors sell them now.

I have some at home that a friend made out of Redwood Burl - beautiful.

As for bringing them to GW6 - sure if you want to share them feel free!

It just wood not work for mine though.

I have 4 binders and use baseball collecter cards inserts for the coin pockets on mine.

I then use packing tape to seal the end so the coins do not slide out or dissapear by accident.

There is a thread back there somewhere with images of what several of us use here but can not remember the name of that topic.

Edited by GEO*Trailblazer 1

It just wood not work for mine though.

I have 4 binders and use baseball collecter cards inserts for the coin pockets on mine.

I then use packing tape to seal the end so the coins do not slide out or dissapear by accident.

There is a thread back there somewhere with images of what several of us use here but can not remember the name of that topic.

Perhaps this thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=169158&hl=

Topic is "How do you store your Geocoins?"

Edited by E.caballus

I wish I could do the binders... I have no patience.

I keep all of mine in cases.... :P

i saw your cases in another thread. how safe do you feel if you are traveling to a coin event with your coins somewhat exposed?

i read the other topic, just wanted to reopen it for new folks and old ones to talk about their methods. since i have fewer than 20 coins, seems to make sense to make a plan now!

do you folks, especially those with huge collections, keep a spread sheet so you know what is where and where it came from? or is that just too anal?

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

i saw your cases in another thread. how safe do you feel if you are traveling to a coin event with your coins somewhat exposed?

i read the other topic, just wanted to reopen it for new folks and old ones to talk about their methods. since i have fewer than 20 coins, seems to make sense to make a plan now!

do you folks, especially those with huge collections, keep a spread sheet so you know what is where and where it came from? or is that just too anal?

With 20 coins you can just use a binder and 3 sheets. Tape the ends shut so there's no ... whooopses!! I also print out little tags with the coins' tracking # and tape them to the pockets so they are more visible to be copied down for discovery. As some people use their digital cameras to record tracking #s this last method is particularly useful.

If you're hooked start your spreadsheet early. It's easier to organize and arrange with a coupla dozen coins than a coupla hundred. By then you'll have your system humming along. If I was to do it over I would keep track of when the coin was purchased, where, for how much, from whom, traded for with whom and for what along with the tracking #, activation code and reference # if activated.

See you at GW....

Edited by Droo