Painting...

softball29

So I'm going to put a bison out there as a micro in a spot that probably couldn't take much more than the bison. It's a nice little park and all.

Anyway, the only one I have is silver and I want to paint it either brown, green or black.

The surface is so smooth and such. Just wondering for those who have painted these and all, how have you done it and such so the paint hold well and all that.

Thanks for any thoughts!

So I'm going to put a bison out there as a micro in a spot that probably couldn't take much more than the bison. It's a nice little park and all.

Anyway, the only one I have is silver and I want to paint it either brown, green or black.

The surface is so smooth and such. Just wondering for those who have painted these and all, how have you done it and such so the paint hold well and all that.

Thanks for any thoughts!

do a good job scuffing it up with sandpaper first. then the paint should stick well to it

The camo tape would be fastest and easiest, with the added bonus that the tail on the bison tube you leave will give it a different shape. Simply roll the tape around the bison with the top of the tape about even with the top of the tube. Press the tape at top down toward the center, and at the bottom, give it a twist. Cut the bottom to desired length, and cut around the bison tube at the seam to allow it to be opened.

After lots of experimenting with painting caches I found that if you put a primer on it (I went to a local "gaming" store, they sell paint for the minitures) and paint it the color you want, then spray it with a flat lacquer (not the shiney stuff) it works wonders. Never had an issue with paint not sticking.

I think I'm going to try and pick up some camo duct tape tomorrow and that's what I'm going to do to it and then have it set free soon. I have a good place I want to do it. Just need to find the best time as it can be a high muggle area!

Thanks for all the help!

Cloth camo tape works a bit better on bisons. It's more flexible than duct tape. When using cloth tape I give it a few coats with a clear sealer paint like Klear Kote and they last a pretty long time in the wild.

You can find cloth tape in nearly any hunting supply store. It's a lot more expensive than duct tape but

you can probably do a hundred bisons with a roll.