Cat got your Cache Geocoin

CinemaBoxers

Hi folks - the Cat & Claddagh remints are in production, but we were notified of some delays. We will likely see these and the cats around the same time, but were notified of some production issues this week.

(No specifics were given, but we did email to try and get a rough idea of time.)

We appreciate everyones patience - Im thinking the special cat finish is setting us a little behind - we were VERY specific about the appearance of the coins being accurate to the samples.

Will post with any and all updates!!!

~P

Yeah - they have the dies... but we want the finished coins to be perfect.

I don't want them to not look like the samples we were sent.

I expect a bit longer delay, well.. we were TOLD there would be more of a delay. But we will keep everyone posted on ALL updates.

I want these to turn out perfect, and would rather take the time than accept a less than ideal product. (Check out those sample pics - I think most would agree.)

They WILL be worth the wait however!

:rolleyes:

I am definitely a cat lovers... but one of ours has obviously found a meece nest and I am getting annoyed with finding mice heads around the place!! :rolleyes:

At least most have been outside on the driveway and not inside under bare feet!! :D

mice heads ?!?! :wub:

Yes... heads... It seems my sons cat, Boots, has a taste for the lower 2/3rd's of the mouse... and not much interested in the heads... Should I mention that most were baby meece?... maybe they are a cat delicacy?

We have an old cat of our daughters here, and she went into our neighbors pond, caught all the frogs they had stocked it with, and just ate the heads.... :)

Hi Folks!

We got our delivery dates from the mint today... and an assurance that we shouldn't be experiencing such delays on future projects. (We'll see.. LOL)

We experienced several issues - all having to do with the mixed enamel.

If some of you didnt hear - we had to redo the mixed enamel cats due to quality issues - this is a second go around. We did NOT like them at all.

The Delivery expected for the Cat coins is July 15th. Coins will ship AS SOON as they come in! (They are taking special attention to make sure these turn out as we required.)

=)

We did not want to open up our other pre-sales for the Titanic remints and another SPECIAL coin until we KNEW when we could expect to ship these out to you all. Now that we know, we will be offering the other coins for sale.

Thanks for your patience!

Meow.

Well.. these definitely will be. We just tend to be a little picky when it comes to the coins. We've had some quality issues lately - and I tend to think that often, they go uncomplained about, or overlooked due to the amount of coins that are shipped. (We even miss one occasionally)

But... we don't want that to be the norm, or whats expected of us. We figure if we are persistent, the mints will work to get it right the first time. :unsure:

At the risk of creating bad blood here in the forums I have a comment that I have held onto for quite sometime. I tend to be a peace keeper, so please pardon me while I rant. So many people jumped on the bandwagon and slayed the designer of this coin. I read the threads and I was appalled. Yet, when this thread shows that this designer has kept the buyers of this coin informed..there was not a big thread showing that they were responding to their customers concerns. How fickle, BMG when you don't get what you want NOW..and have to wait for something that the designer felt needed fixed. I have had this designer do two projects for me, and yes, it did take a little longer than expected, but then the end product was worth waiting for. Congrats Jim and Paula for another wonderful design. Kudos to you! Go ahead and flame me.. I have on my hubbies bunkers.

Ok sorry but .... time to vent....

I've waited patiently for 4 1/2 months and still haven't received the coins I ordered and prepaid for on 4/8/08. Since 8/04/08 I have emailed these people seven times. Was answered finally on 8/9/08 by Jim and told they would be shipped monday, 8/11/08. Still no coins or an answer to three more email inquiries.

Filed a claim with paypal yesterday to no avail....only have 45 days to file a dispute. But was "encouraged" to continue with the claim. They will close it but put a flag on their account and if more problems arise then action would be taken by paypal against them.

Whatever the problems these two are having there is NO excuse for not responding AND shipping the product which they have taken the money for. If they have the time to take the pictures and spend the hours it takes to place these and other coins on ebay the last two weeks for sale, then I sure as heck should have had mine sent to me. I am a fairly quiet and patient person, as my waiting four months without a complaint will attest to, but I am extremely po'd about this situation and hope that maybe posting here will bring about some kind of resolution to this.

Sorry if this offends anyone or seems as an attack on cinemaboxers, but their non-action and pretty much stealing money from people doesn't deseve much more

Well just got a phone call from Jim and Paula...they sent my coins but I never received them. Asked why no response to my emails since the 11th but got no reply other than that is why she won't be doing coins anymore. What a pleasant conversation :unsure: I'll be waiting once again patiently for my coins

Edited by BVnLJ

I've waited patiently for 4 1/2 months and still haven't received the coins I ordered and prepaid for on 4/8/08. Since 8/04/08 I have emailed these people seven times. Was answered finally on 8/9/08 by Jim and told they would be shipped monday, 8/11/08. Still no coins or an answer to three more email inquiries.

Filed a claim with paypal yesterday to no avail....only have 45 days to file a dispute. But was "encouraged" to continue with the claim. They will close it but put a flag on their account and if more problems arise then action would be taken by paypal against them.

Whatever the problems are these two are having there is NO excuse for not responding AND shipping the product which they have taken the money for. If they have the time to take the pictures and spend the hours it takes to place these and other coins on ebay the last two weeks for sale, then I sure as heck should have had mine sent to me. I am a fairly quiet and patient person, as my waiting four months without a complaint will attest to, but I am extremely po'd about this situation hope that maybe posting here will bring about some kind of resolution to this.

Sorry if this offends anyone or seems as an attack on cinemaboxers, but their non-action and pretty much stealing money from people doesn't deseve much more

well just got a phone call from Jim and Paula...they sent my coins but I never received them. Asked why no response to my emails since the 11th but got no reply other than that is why she won't be doing coins anymore. What a pleasant conversation :unsure: I'll be waiting once again patiently for my coins

Lois Jean -

I sent your second set of coins on the 11th as you have mentioned. I will be posting your 3rd set tomorrow. What I don't understand is after thousands of coins being sent, yours were the only ones not received not once, but twice. I just find that awfully peculiar. Not only will the 3rd set have proof of mailing, but delivery confirmation as well.

Paula doesn't even read the forums anymore because of all the negativity. We have never 'stolen' from anyone EVER - and never intend on it.

Our customers are always informed on the status of their coins by newsletter or email.

Regards,

~J

Whatever the problems are these two are having there is NO excuse for not responding AND shipping the product which they have taken the money for. If they have the time to take the pictures and spend the hours it takes to place these and other coins on ebay the last two weeks for sale, then I sure as heck should have had mine sent to me. I am a fairly quiet and patient person, as my waiting four months without a complaint will attest to, but I am extremely po'd about this situation hope that maybe posting here will bring about some kind of resolution to this.

well just got a phone call from Jim and Paula...they sent my coins but I never received them. Asked why no response to my emails since the 11th but got no reply other than that is why she won't be doing coins anymore. What a pleasant conversation :unsure: I'll be waiting once again patiently for my coins

Lois Jean -

I sent your second set of coins on the 11th as you have mentioned. I will be posting your 3rd set tomorrow. What I don't understand is after thousands of coins being sent, yours were the only ones not received not once, but twice. I just find that awfully peculiar. Not only will the 3rd set have proof of mailing, but delivery confirmation as well.

Paula doesn't even read the forums anymore because of all the negativity. We have never 'stolen' from anyone EVER - and never intend on it.

Our customers are always informed on the status of their coins by newsletter or email.

Regards,

~J

Baloney Jim....you didn't even remember what I ordered because of your system not working correctly 4/08/08 and you sent me a manual invoice. In our emails from 8/9/08 I had to tell what was ordered AND THEN you said they would be mailed on monday the 8/11/08. If you need a reminder of such, I will be more than happy to cut and paste here all the correspondence we have had on these coins since 8/9/08. So quit bs'ing about 2 and now 3 shipments of coins being shipped to me...I never received any and would like them as you were paid for !!!!

Okay Jim, got your email and listened to the voice mail on my phone....even though you didn't mail through paypal and don't have those records, if you could scan and paste the receipts from the post office showing the 2 previous shipments of coins to me that you say were sent , I will apologize here on the forums for the harsh feelings and "negativity" caused by my posting. I have purchased many coins from you and have never had a problem like this, I too find it "very peculiar" that this has occurred as you say.

Regards

Edited by BVnLJ

Not only will the 3rd set have proof of mailing, but delivery confirmation as well.

This is always a good course of action, the post office seems to take those kinds of packages more seriously. I learnt to do this with almost all of my packages being sent. There were simply too many getting lost, my handwriting isn't very good so I figured at leas proof of mailing and delivery confirmation.