Move/fix/modify an existing cache or create a new hide?

kingsting

Is the "feel" of the cache changing?

Is it a small container at the roots of a tree but now going to a large, camo'd container suspended by a rope of some sort a few feet away?

If you're just replacing a container (even changing in size), I'd probably keep it the same. Anything changing the feel of the cache itself I'd probably go with a new one, but I'd need more info on what you're thinking before giving a better answer. :laughing:

If it's different enough you should say something like "Refinds are allowed on this cache".

But unless you change it drastically, most people who have already found it will never revisit your cache page to see that statement.

Agreed. If the cache is different enough for you to allow multiple logs on the cache page then it is better to archive the old cache page and publish a new cache page. This makes sense in a number of different way. Like trainlove said it lets the geocachers that have already found the old cache know that there is a new cache there now. It also allows someone who has found the old cache but hasn't logged it yet log the old cache and it allows them to find and log the new cache when they do that without everyone getting confused if they are making a late log on the old cache or a current log on the new cache. It also keeps the number truthers from picking apart someones finds and finding what looks like the same cache logged more than once.

I have to agree with the consensus that archiving old and starting new would alleviate any questions about double logging. If your new cache is different enough in construction and location, archive the old, start new. We have archived a few this fall in favour of making new beginnings in the spring for a great location that has been compromised.