Need you guys opinions

linuxxpert

I am working on a extreme cache, I will not give away any information on it yet but its going to be dangerous, scary and overall just crazy! Just the way I like my caches and around here we do not have enough of them (Lehigh Valley).

I am thinking about making it a mystery cache with a difficult puzzle to solve to get to the first stage, but I also know that a puzzle will turn alot of cachers off. I'd like this cache to be a true 5/5...

The hides are not going to be particularly hard to find but just very hard to get to.

Anyways, should I make this a multi cache and go for the 3.5-4 star difficulty or attach a puzzle/cipher to it and make it a 5? What would you prefer?

<PEEVE>

I don't think I have ever seen a true 5/5 cache.

A legitimate 5/5 would require special skills/equipment to get to the cache (5 terrain), and then require special skills/equipment to find/retrieve the cache once you got there (5 difficulty).

For example: An ammo can sitting on a ledge that requires a 200ft repel to reach would be a 1/5 cache, not a 5/5.

</PEEVE>

Now that we have that out of the way.....

My personal preference is either high difficulty or high terrain, not both.

If I need to perform an extreme challenge to reach the cache, I don't want to have to spend hours and hours or multiple trips to log the cache. Once I've done the hard task of getting to the cache I want a gimme.

By the same token, if I'm going to have to jump through difficult hoops to actually sign the log then make the cache location easy to get to so I can keep coming back again and again until I get it right.

As you well know, I haven't done your latest cache, due to it's difficulty (puzzle.)

Sometimes CJ can solve them.

Always ready for a high terrain cache though.

Sorry cerberus1, just made it a puzzle cache :D , I think you will know how to solve it though.... :) and trust me it will be worth it, I just hid all my stages, everything was more difficult than I thought it was going to be :P I am listing this as a 5/5, I have done a few 5/5 and none of them come close to this one, I am always open to change the rating depending on what kind of feedback I'll get. I'll probably have it published on Sunday or Monday after my tracks are wiped out by the weather. The Lehigh Valley needs more crazy caches!!!!!

Sorry cerberus1, just made it a puzzle cache :rolleyes: , I think you will know how to solve it though.... :D and trust me it will be worth it, I just hid all my stages, everything was more difficult than I thought it was going to be :D I am listing this as a 5/5, I have done a few 5/5 and none of them come close to this one, I am always open to change the rating depending on what kind of feedback I'll get. I'll probably have it published on Sunday or Monday after my tracks are wiped out by the weather. The Lehigh Valley needs more crazy caches!!!!!

And I finish slogging through it making sure it fits the guidelines...

<PEEVE>

I don't think I have ever seen a true 5/5 cache.

A legitimate 5/5 would require special skills/equipment to get to the cache (5 terrain), and then require special skills/equipment to find/retrieve the cache once you got there (5 difficulty).

For example: An ammo can sitting on a ledge that requires a 200ft repel to reach would be a 1/5 cache, not a 5/5.

</PEEVE>

Now that we have that out of the way.....

My personal preference is either high difficulty or high terrain, not both.

If I need to perform an extreme challenge to reach the cache, I don't want to have to spend hours and hours or multiple trips to log the cache. Once I've done the hard task of getting to the cache I want a gimme.

By the same token, if I'm going to have to jump through difficult hoops to actually sign the log then make the cache location easy to get to so I can keep coming back again and again until I get it right.

I agree with this post .I think the cache titled FEAR in S.I. NYC is a true 5 star cache.Maybe you check the finders of this one for their input.

Tomorrow, I will submit another cache that will make "Conquer Your Fears" look like 'tupperware in a hollow tree located in a township park"! (Not that there is anything wrong with that) Very evil puzzle though... this cache is a no doubt about it a true 5/5... I am not even sure if the locals are able to find it, looking at the feedback of "Conquer Your Fears".