gps 60 csx

alma

can anyone please tell me how i can get my gps to do turn by turn guidence. what do i do thanks

Do you have routeable maps loaded into it?

Jon.

i have maps loaded on thats all i know not very clever with these things any help would be appreciated

can anyone please tell me how i can get my gps to do turn by turn guidence. what do i do thanks

Jon.

i have maps loaded on thats all i know not very clever with these things any help would be appreciated

If you had to enter a Garmin 'unlock code' to use the maps then they will support auto-routing. If you didn't... they won't. Simple :)

Jon.

You need a copy of topo and a 2 gig micro sd card, or a tom tom and load a POI

Edited by fat bloke

It might be that complicated. You have to buy more maps for it to be ultra detailed (and some would argue "useful" :) ) but nonetheless your GPS will come with what Garmin call a basemap. A map that has the major roads (as far as the UK is concerned A roads and motorways).

For the UK, you need to make sure you have the 'Atlantic' basemap. I say this in case you have grey import in which case you could have the 'America' basemap. Don't fret if I'm talking mumbo jumbo - when you very first switch on your GPS, when you get the screen saying Garmin blah blah, at the bottom of that screen it will say ' Atlantic basemap, or whatever.

The rest of the top tips in this forum so far are also correct - if you ask a question here it normally gets answered.

Anyone know how to make egg white really REALLY fluffy for meringue? :wub:

It might be that complicated. You have to buy more maps for it to be ultra detailed (and some would argue "useful" :wub: ) but nonetheless your GPS will come with what Garmin call a basemap. A map that has the major roads (as far as the UK is concerned A roads and motorways).

To the best of my knowledge, the base map that's pre-loaded onto the GPSMap60 doesn't support auto-routing. To use that function, you need the Garmin Topo, MetroGuide or City Navigator software and that will cost a fistful of your hard earned blue drinking vouchers. It does work but given the size of the display and the cost of the extra software, it's probably not the best tool in the box for car navigation.

thanks to everyone for there help and advice seems a bit complicated dont think ill worry about it to much

Alma, it's not that complicated. In summary of the above: -

> the base map that comes with the Garmin can't be used for auto routing

> If you want to use auto routing you need to buy a better map ($$$) which needs a bigger memory card (2GB)

And

> Always use a really cold bowl when whisking egg whites for a meringue but us a whisk not the Garmin :wub:

It might be that complicated. You have to buy more maps for it to be ultra detailed (and some would argue "useful" :wub: ) but nonetheless your GPS will come with what Garmin call a basemap. A map that has the major roads (as far as the UK is concerned A roads and motorways).

To the best of my knowledge, the base map that's pre-loaded onto the GPSMap60 doesn't support auto-routing. To use that function, you need the Garmin Topo, MetroGuide or City Navigator software and that will cost a fistful of your hard earned blue drinking vouchers. It does work but given the size of the display and the cost of the extra software, it's probably not the best tool in the box for car navigation.

Metroguide doesn't allow routing on a GPSr unless you use some other software to get around it and I'm not sure if it's legal or not?

It might be that complicated. You have to buy more maps for it to be ultra detailed (and some would argue "useful" :santa: ) but nonetheless your GPS will come with what Garmin call a basemap. A map that has the major roads (as far as the UK is concerned A roads and motorways).

I am fairly sure my Gpsmap 60c will auto route on the base map because if I don't load enough detailed map tiles on a route it will use the major roads from the base map to get across the gaps.

Dave