25,000 cache finds

WalruZ

We had an awesome time at Team Alamo's event! We took up the challenge and headed into the hills to find some pre-existing caches as well as the event caches (which are all GC.com approved and published caches for those who are curious). We found fourteen, missed one, and since the event three new caches have shown up all hidden by participants in the event. There was some pretty hilly and muddy (it rained all night before the event) hiking to collect these caches, but it was great to see a "who's who" of Nor-Cal cachers out in the hills. There were so many people parked at the trailheads and roaming the park (it's a regional open space) that the locals were beginning to ask questions! I'm still sore from all the hiking and I've yet to log any finds (I'd better get on that!).

Congrats to Team Alamo on his milestone, and on a very fun and memorable event.

DCC

Wow, that is alot of caches.

I have to ask since its a Team name....how many people make up that team? I recently learned that some teams each visit a cache & EACH log the find. So in other words, 1 cache gets them like 10 smilies on one account. To my knowledge, there isn't any team doing it that way in our area at all. And we don't really do teams here either. Families, but not really teams.

I've always wondered how some of these names had so many finds. Still impressive, but I now know its not ONE person finding all those caches usually.

I have to ask since its a Team name....how many people make up that team? I recently learned that some teams each visit a cache & EACH log the find. So in other words, 1 cache gets them like 10 smilies on one account. To my knowledge, there isn't any team doing it that way in our area at all. And we don't really do teams here either. Families, but not really teams.

I've always wondered how some of these names had so many finds. Still impressive, but I now know its not ONE person finding all those caches usually.

It's basically just him. His wife will ride with him, but he is the cacher.

Huh. I know if I ever make it to 25,000, the last thing I'd want to look for as a milestone would be an LPC!

But I'm not in any danger of doing that anytime this year... or next year... or in the next ten years...

Ironically that was his first LPC of the bunch. He looked around and gave up and was about to log a DNF. Since it was set up specifically for him to log as his 10,000th someone went ahead and showed him where it was.

Just kidding. :ph34r:

Wow! Then 25,000 is quite impressive. :ph34r:

I can't wait to visit CA next May :ph34r: & see how its done there, because its pretty impossible to rack up numbers like that in this part of the country.

Wow! Then 25,000 is quite impressive. :ph34r:

I can't wait to visit CA next May :ph34r: & see how its done there, because its pretty impossible to rack up numbers like that in this part of the country.

Yes, Team Alamo will tell you that the "team" is just he and the wife... and the wife doesn't really cache!

Are you coming out for GeoWoodstock? If so, there are literally thousands of caches within driving distance of the event.

And Team Alamo didn't gather all his caches locally, in July 07, he and two other cachers rented a vehicle and cached 48 states plus DC in 11 days!

DCC

Wow! Then 25,000 is quite impressive. :D

I can't wait to visit CA next May :) & see how its done there, because its pretty impossible to rack up numbers like that in this part of the country.

Yes, Team Alamo will tell you that the "team" is just he and the wife... and the wife doesn't really cache!

Are you coming out for GeoWoodstock? If so, there are literally thousands of caches within driving distance of the event.

And Team Alamo didn't gather all his caches locally, in July 07, he and two other cachers rented a vehicle and cached 48 states plus DC in 11 days!

DCC

Yes, we are. We have about 2 weeks booked so far in various areas of CA. Hoping for TONS & TONS of finds, along with sightseeing too. :)

Yes, we are. We have about 2 weeks booked so far in various areas of CA. Hoping for TONS & TONS of finds, along with sightseeing too.

Ask the locals (thegba.net) for recommendations. The only thing better than walking across the Golden Gate Bridge is to do a cache that starts there.

Wow! Then 25,000 is quite impressive. :D

I can't wait to visit CA next May :D & see how its done there, because its pretty impossible to rack up numbers like that in this part of the country.

Really, do you mean just New England or the Northeast/East Coast in general? Because CCCooperAgency isn't that far behind and she's based in Pennsylvania......