West Yorks and Cumbria cachers!

I'd love to help - Cumbria accounts for nearly 2/3 of my caches, with West Yorkshire a (distant) second at about 1/6.

However, I'm not going to get much chance to get out over the next few weeks - addition to the family arriving (very) soon. There's loads of other cachers around here actively placing caches. I'll point a couple of people in this direction...

Editted to add: I'll have a word with the wife tonight though - maybe we could find somewhere. Just not sure about how to get permissions...

Edited by Guanajuato

I don't know if this helps, but I'm going to be caching in the Carlisle area (from the coast and eastward towards Newcastle) the week of 12 Nov. I'd be delighted to hide a cache then if it will help, provided someone else is the "owner". Obviously it would be a bit difficult for me to maintain it. It would be sorta cool to have a hide in the UK.

We can do West Yorkshire.

Can you just let me know a little more either here or e mail through profile eg does the cache need to go live on a specific date, are there any other requirements other than at least small (we don't do micros anyway!) no more than a mile from the road (a challenge for us!) and including the LQ title info.

Sounds good, do you know the area well enough to hide a top-notch cache?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can commit to doing it. It's my fiancee's birthday, so she might have other plans :) But we'll try to check back closer to the time, and see if it still needs doing. Edited by roveron
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can commit to doing it. It's my fiancee's birthday, so she might have other plans :huh: But we'll try to check back closer to the time, and see if it still needs doing.

I think you are showing a serious lack of commitment - you are going to have to set some priorities! <pulls tongue out of cheek>

I love Cumbria, and my first caching was done there. But it's 2 hours from home so I don't feel like I can own a cache there. Most Lake District caches involve a pleasant (and sometimes arduous) hike.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can commit to doing it. It's my fiancee's birthday, so she might have other plans :huh: But we'll try to check back closer to the time, and see if it still needs doing.

I think you are showing a serious lack of commitment - you are going to have to set some priorities!

Yeah. my fiancee says also that I need to be commited. :lol:
Sorry to do it this way, but I've tried various other means -

Your counties are the last to be hidden for the LITTLE QUEST.

Is anyone approaching the ultimate cache yet?

Is there a leaderboard?

Jon

I've been keeping a leaderboard going, updating it every few days.

On my last check pklong was way ahead on 12 finds, followed by l8hnb on 6.

Ok, all sorted for Cumbria, box in place and long (but very interesting!) cache page written. Tried to give visitors a typical trip out in the Lakes but on a small scale to fit with the series. Some of the other possible spots have, of course, already got caches on them! Anyway, hope it is enjoyed by all who visit.

Just waiting for Deceangi to review it, hopefully no problems will be found. (He's a bit slow tonight, it's been at least 5 minutes since I put it in the queue!) :)

Just waiting for Deceangi to review it, hopefully no problems will be found. (He's a bit slow tonight, it's been at least 5 minutes since I put it in the queue!) :)

Sorry about the delay :) the sites running a tad slow tonite. Is that the last one apart from the final? Which has already been pre-reviewed and is ready to go :)

No - mine (Merseyside) is still to place....

I've met with the head ranger re approval and he isnt happy that there are already 4 caches in the area that he didnt know about...so....

I have a great spot in mind now - just need to pop downand place it. All sorted no probs (as far as I know!!)

Am I correct in thinking that the caches we are now waiting for are: EAST SUSSEX, GREATER LONDON, HERTFORDSHIRE, LINCOLNSHIRE, MERSEYSIDE, WEST YORKSHIRE? and STAFFORDSHIRE has been temporarily unavailable since August 19th? Please let me know if any of the above have been published, cheers.

Yes :

EAST SUSSEX, GREATER LONDON, HERTFORDSHIRE, LINCOLNSHIRE, MERSEYSIDE, WEST YORKSHIRE

Still to go live. No pressure... yet :D:huh:

What's the quickest timescale they could all be found in?

mmmm, I'm working on it, the quickest timescale that I could find them all depends on how long it takes to persuade Mrs Rastan that travelling all over England at every opportunity is not "a waste of time and money spent on diesel" :D will get there eventually, did manage a very nice trip as far as South Yorkshire the other day :D ....just need a few more such trips!

Anyone know what the story is with STAFFORDSHIRE?

Thanks to Deceangi for pointing out that WEST YORKSHIRE has gone live today - another chance for me to sit in the roadworks on the M1 :rolleyes: