Best deal on City Navigator?

6coondawgs

Has anybody seen a good deal for City Navigator online? I found it for $102 on Provantage.com. Also, how do I know if it's v.8 or version 2008, is there a way to identify it without emailing and asking?

Looks like it might be neither one -- assuming that you're looking at the North America one, then according to the Product Specifications listed this page, it's actually v.7 (which would explain why it's so cheap :) (

If its not v2008 cant you get a free update?

(I haven't paid attention to garmins current policy)

I have no idea.

Right now I'm trying to find a place that sells City Navigator NT 2008 (DVD, not SD).

But the only ones I can find are either V8 or unspecified. And then there's a CN NT 2008 Upgrade for another ~$50.

One place says it has "CN NT v8 (with 2008 maps)" which has me baffled.

I purchased v8 at Amazon for $109.

I then called Garmin and requested the free upgrade.

I was able to put v8 on 2 different GPSrs and then upgrade one to v2008.

I had MG7 on both previously so ended up wth newer maps on both for the cost

of a single program.

Can you tell me how long ago you did this? I just bought v8 last week. Would love the upgrade without the cost!

Will they send you City NAV NA 2008 NT if you buy V8?

I don't know -- but I did find a place that sells City Nav NA NT 2008, luckily: ehqonline. It was only $111.29, free same-day shipping. I checked the forums for others' experiences with ehqonline and they seemed quite positive, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Me too. For the cost difference, I'd rather have 2008 up front.

I purchased v8 at Amazon for $109.

I then called Garmin and requested the free upgrade.

I was able to put v8 on 2 different GPSrs and then upgrade one to v2008.

I had MG7 on both previously so ended up wth newer maps on both for the cost

of a single program.

Can you tell me how long ago you did this? I just bought v8 last week. Would love the upgrade without the cost!

I just did this about 4 weeks ago. Just call or e-mail Garmin and they will tell you what to do.

I just installed and registered version 8. Unlocked it on my 2 GPSRs (Venture Cx and GPSMap 60Cx)

and called them to get the free upgrade. I had the Version 2008 upgrade disk in less than a week.

It is my understanding that anyone who purchased CN or CNNT after the release of V2008 will qualify

for the upgrade if they received an older version from their seller.

I just did this about 4 weeks ago. Just call or e-mail Garmin and they will tell you what to do.

I just installed and registered version 8. Unlocked it on my 2 GPSRs (Venture Cx and GPSMap 60Cx)

and called them to get the free upgrade. I had the Version 2008 upgrade disk in less than a week.

It is my understanding that anyone who purchased CN or CNNT after the release of V2008 will qualify

for the upgrade if they received an older version from their seller.

Thanks for the info. I called this morning and my update is on the way!

:) I just got off the phone with Grrmin, and they are sending out V2008 FREE UPGRADE to me .

Will they send you City NAV NA 2008 NT if you buy V8?

I don't know -- but I did find a place that sells City Nav NA NT 2008, luckily: ehqonline. It was only $111.29, free same-day shipping. I checked the forums for others' experiences with ehqonline and they seemed quite positive, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Me too. For the cost difference, I'd rather have 2008 up front.

I just ordered it from Amazon - in stock - for $115.12 with free shipping. If you want to apply for their credit card with instant approval they will give you $30.00 off instantly and it will only cost you $85.12. Now THAT is a deal. I would have done it except for the fact I already did the $30 off thing when I ordered another product. It really is easy, fast, and it really works - it's not a hokey scam or anything. Remember, you can always cancel the credit card after your order arrives.

The item is listed as Garmin MapSource City Navigator DVD for Garmin GPS Units, North America NT (010-10816-00) which is the same part number listed on the Garmin site for v2008 NT. If you are in the market for the maps this is likely to be the best deal you will ever find anywhere.

I found my City Navigator software sitting on the step in front of my door the other day. Sheesh, it was just dropped off for anybody to pick up. I haven't installed it yet. There's no version number on the package so, today I called Garmin and gave them the part number from the package and they told me that their database shows that as the full version of the 2008 City Navigator NT so I guess it's safe to go ahead and open the package and install it. The part number is as shown in my post above: 010-10816-00

I just purchased City Navigator NT NA from Amazon ($115) and received the full 2008 DVD disk. So apparently they are shipping the latest version now. The website does not specify the version but they are shipping the full 2008 release. The DVD indicates a product code "007-00889-02 Rev. A"

Check it out: City Navigator NT North America 2008 from Amazon

Hi I just recieved CN NT it has a product code 007-01104-01 rev A, what do you think I got? Is this the newest?

All I have to say here is thanks. I was casually reading the forums and came across this thread. I didn't think Garmin was allowing free upgrades from v8 to 2008 (I hadn't checked in here in a while...) and lo and behold you all noted that you had done it...

I gave Garmin a shout and they had no problem at all sending me out an upgrade (I purchased in August).

Thanks! :)