Bad Event Owner Giving Me a Hard Time - Deleted My Smilies!

The event owner, LPYankeeFan, took it upon himself to delete my 872 additional smiley logs, leaving me with just my one paltry puny initial smiley log.

I'm not buying this at all, it requires NOT ONE, BUT TWO assumptions that just absolutely could not be true.

1. Hagerstown is too close to West Virginia for me to believe anyone could read your 873 logs, unless you wrote them in the format of "See Dick. See Dick run."

2. The event host's name indicates support of a certain team from the northeast U.S. Anyone who would root for that team should not be capable of reading either. (Note to self---you're gonna get killed for this! LOL)

and they agree with me that this event cache owner has gone off his rocker!

What do you think I should do next?

You answered this one right there. Host the next event at a Cracker Barrel!

Note--- cheap shots taken above for the purpose of humor only, and may or may not have any relation to the truth.

Edit for spelling and punctuation.

Edited by Trucker Lee

Do revolving doors rotate the other way in the Southern Hemisphere? Or perhaps only in countries that drive on the left side of the road using right hand drive cars? :D

Not sure about the Southern Hemisphere, but if I remember correctly, in some places in Maryland, revolving doors pivot around a horizontal line, rather than the more traditional vertical line found in other places. So the doors look kind of like paddle wheels.

Also, some farms in that part of the country use specially-made steel turnstyles to control the movement of goats between adjacent pens. Kind of like revolving doors for goats.

Back on topic, regardless of the style of door, I would think that signing the log book multiple times would be required for a icon_attended.gif credit - simply 'revolving' in the door (whether the door is vertical, horizontal, or turnstyle, um, style) should not count towards your attended count. In my opinion.

And if a goat is involved... would it have to be in the same section of the revolving door that Vinny is in, or merely an adjacent one? Would he then get credit for two finds per rotation (one for himself and one for the goat)?

DCC

Folks, just an update on the situation. While Larry remains intractable in his bizarre and unreasonable stand about my logs for his breakfast event held the other day, he seems to have done an about face regarding his upcoming October - M(eat) And Greet @ Ci-Ci's, which will be held tomorrow evening in Hagerstown. In return for my agreeing to attend the event (you see, my attendance at events is quite a rarity, as I am allowed by my publicists to attend only two geo events per year), Larry is allowing me to log 4,000 "attended" smilies for this event, one smiley each for every nail or other metallic fastener employed in building the restaurant building interior. :laughing: Thank you, Larry! :D

I understand how you must feel. Let me tell you my little story about an adventure I had near Hagerstown years ago. I used to drive a truck...those folks in Maryland took it very personally that I wanted to drive my truck overloaded through their puny state so when I went through a scales on I-95 the guy at the scales had the audacity to tell me to pull around back and wait for him. He actually wanted to see some paperwork about my truck and my load and all that stuff. He thought that a good lookin guy like me should have a log book and that the brakes on my truck should really work and the lights should work and all the stuff that really doesn't matter to a real handsome guy like me. Well anyhow he started reeling off how much he was gonna fine me and how much of a criminal I must be and all kinds of derogatory stuff about my momma and my personal habits. I was so embarrassed in front of the other drivers that I started to cry and flopped down on the floor and flailed around (in one of my usual temper tantrums) until he finally ordered me out of the building and told the State Trooper, who had just come in, to shoot me if I didn't leave. He made me sit in my truck in the back of the parking lot for 12 hours until my temper tantrum was over and didn't even give me a pillow or nothing. He left the scales about 4 hours after he told me to stay put for 12 hours and I thought I was gonna sneak out but as I started my truck I looked up and can you imagine they have cameras in the parking area to watch you so I decided that, rather than get another fine, I just sat there in my truck for the remaining 8 hours and combed my hair and smiled real big for the cameras.

This is how I spent a week in Maryland one dark and lonely night.

I think the guy in the scale house was the same guy that deleted your logs.

I hi-tailed it back to Georgia and never returned to Maryland.

THE END

I understand how you must feel. Let me tell you my little story about an adventure I had near Hagerstown years ago. I used to drive a truck...those folks in Maryland took it very personally that I wanted to drive my truck overloaded through their puny state so when I went through a scales on I-95 the guy at the scales had the audacity to tell me to pull around back and wait for him. He actually wanted to see some paperwork about my truck and my load and all that stuff. He thought that a good lookin guy like me should have a log book and that the brakes on my truck should really work and the lights should work and all the stuff that really doesn't matter to a real handsome guy like me. Well anyhow he started reeling off how much he was gonna fine me and how much of a criminal I must be and all kinds of derogatory stuff about my momma and my personal habits. I was so embarrassed in front of the other drivers that I started to cry and flopped down on the floor and flailed around (in one of my usual temper tantrums) until he finally ordered me out of the building and told the State Trooper, who had just come in, to shoot me if I didn't leave. He made me sit in my truck in the back of the parking lot for 12 hours until my temper tantrum was over and didn't even give me a pillow or nothing. He left the scales about 4 hours after he told me to stay put for 12 hours and I thought I was gonna sneak out but as I started my truck I looked up and can you imagine they have cameras in the parking area to watch you so I decided that, rather than get another fine, I just sat there in my truck for the remaining 8 hours and combed my hair and smiled real big for the cameras.

THE END

:D

Trying to decide, is it ok to laugh?

:blink:

Finally, you made no mention of goats in your one remaining log. That is considered to be bad form, in Hagerstown and elsewhere, and may be the real reason your logs were allegedly deleted.

I believe I have discovered the root of the dispute with the event owner......

Isn't it customary in Hagerstown to kiss the goat of a host right on the nose so as not to offend in case the goat is also the spouse or offspring of said individual. At the very least, goat may be a consort with undue influence on said owner. It appears Vinny has brought all this angst on himself for failing to comply with local custom, in spite of the fact that after so long a period without bathing, it is highly possible the goat was wearing a better cologne. :blink::D:mad:

I find it funny that this 'event' took place in Hagerstown. The only place I would have expected such bizarre behavior would have been over on the Eastern Shore near Salisbury. The Delmartians have a hold on all things weird from generations of inbreeding, sniffing dried chicken manure, and the obsesive fear of being trampled by the ponies on Assateague.

Isn't it customary in Hagerstown to kiss the goat of a host right on the nose so as not to offend in case the goat is also the spouse or offspring of said individual. At the very least, goat may be a consort with undue influence on said owner. It appears Vinny has brought all this angst on himself for failing to comply with local custom, in spite of the fact that after so long a period without bathing, it is highly possible the goat was wearing a better cologne. :):D:blink:
According to the following post, I don't think Vinny's issue is as stated:
***Well, there's also that thing with the goat, but we don't discuss that in public... ***
Thank you for having had the honour and decency and -- above all -- courage, not to stoop to the temptation to talk about the...affair with the nanny goat.

THE END

This is my 2008 Nomination for "Best First Post in the Forums."

Bumping an old thread for no reason.

Standing toe to toe with Vinny, and prevailing.

Excellent imagery.

Pure forum art.

off his rocker!

MODS! MODS!

thread should be locked.

We are not allowed to discuss Cracker Barrel in the forums!

Actually, If I'm not mistaken, your wrong. We can discuss anything that is family friendly here. Its in a cache description that your not allowed to say that this pointless LPC is in the Cracker Barrel Parking lot.

The Steaks

P.s. Fixed to actually say Cracker Barrel.

THE END

This is my 2008 Nomination for "Best First Post in the Forums."

Bumping an old thread for no reason.

Standing toe to toe with Vinny, and prevailing.

Excellent imagery.

Pure forum art.

I second the nomination.

Welcome to the forums, Sprinterman! :drama:

What do you think I should do next? Should I ask gc.com to cancel his account? Should I demand that geocaching.com create an event listing page where I can log my 872 additional rightful smilies? Please write and tell me what to do about this evil event cache owner!

A reliable inside source says you only signed the logbook 819 times...

The styrofoam eggs must have clogged the portion of your brain that controlls counting...

Probably just a burst of errant synapses...

Back in the '70's, I used to pay good money for those bursts of errant synapses...

Who knew we only had to drive to Haggerstown and get the buffett eggs???

Reasonably sort ride from where I lived in Philadelphia back then...

Now I just get them randomly, without any help from anything I have to ingest...

Now I just get them randomly, without any help from anything I have to ingest...

Oops... there they go again... whoopie...

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors