Vista the Operating System

jaxstraww

Did a search and all I came up with was the Vista GPS :huh:

Anyone using Garmin software on a PC with Vista OS? How is it? Any compatibility issues or should I just use the notebook with XP? I have a 60CSx, Topo 2008 & CN 2008. Want to make sure there are no issues when I start to load everything.

Anyone using Garmin software on a PC with Vista OS? How is it? Any compatibility issues or should I just use the notebook with XP? I have a 60CSx, Topo 2008 & CN 2008. Want to make sure there are no issues when I start to load everything.

I am using those things with Vista. All of them will work fine. Just make sure you have the latest USB drivers for the Garmin.

I can't install my Garmin Software because of a Garmin Issue on Vista or XP. There is some switch I have ot use like Setup /p (can't recall...) to get it to work to begin with. When I do find that install parameter I fully expect to have a Vista problem.

I do know that Vista hates working with my PDA so my paperless days are essentially over and my PDA is a worthless brick until I have the time to wrestle that problem to a solution. MS has a limit on support. They will put in a certain amount of effort then they will quit working with you. I hit that limit on the first of about 5 or 6 problems I'm having.

Thus far Vista is a PITA.

In an hour I'll be unpacking the 60CSx when I get home. Are you saying DL the USB drivers before I attempt to load anything Garmin? I'm assuming the unit comes with a start up CD. Tomorrow I receive Topo and CN 2008. I just want to get the unit going tonight to play around with the items just on the basemaps and such. Tomorrow is the real stuff. But today I guess the mapsource data and driver/firmware updates for the 60CSx will be what I update?