Mystery to Regular !

loba2007

Actually, if you are changing the nature of the cache that much it is usually best to archive the original and the then re-submit the new cache as a regualr. If you change it - you will upset the history of all the folks that found it as a puzzle cache in the past.

I agree mostly since people who like the numbers will hate it when they find that one of their finds has become one of those pesky Traditional caches.

Actually, if you are changing the nature of the cache that much it is usually best to archive the original and the then re-submit the new cache as a regualr. If you change it - you will upset the history of all the folks that found it as a puzzle cache in the past.

I agree mostly since people who like the numbers will hate it when they find that one of their finds has become one of those pesky Traditional caches.

"Pesky" ...... You are probably right but I found out that most geocachers around my area seem to be very reluctant with solving a problem before getting access to a cache !!!

Mystery caches around here are visited at a rate of about once every 3 months as compared to every second or third day for regular caches.

Loba2007

"Pesky" ...... You are probably right but I found out that most geocachers around my area seem to be very reluctant with solving a problem before getting access to a cache !!!

Mystery caches around here are visited at a rate of about once every 3 months as compared to every second or third day for regular caches.

Loba2007

==================================

Am i living in a unique city or is the above statement fairly accurate all over ?

If my area is unique then I don't see the reason for working hard at defining mystery caches !

Your comments will help me decide which option I should continue developing. Thanks !

Loba2007

So just archive your mystery cache and re-list it as a traditional. It is essentially a different experience so it should be a different cache page.

Am i living in a unique city or is the above statement fairly accurate all over ?

I think it's accurate in many, if not most areas. I know in my area that a mystery cache, no matter how easy it is to solve, will rarely get finds. There are however some places where they are popular.

Around here we have a group of very smart people who love the Puzzle caches. Some of these Puzzle caches are possibly even "famous." People coming to this area will spend months figuring out the Puzzle caches, so they can find those during their visit, while finding very few Traditional caches.

However . . . once those "Puzzle People" find the Puzzle cache . . . it could be a long time before the cache gets found again . . . :rolleyes:

If your cache has been a Puzzle, it would be best to Archive it and create a new cache page for the new Traditional.

Around here we have a group of very smart people who love the Puzzle caches. Some of these Puzzle caches are possibly even "famous." People coming to this area will spend months figuring out the Puzzle caches, so they can find those during their visit, while finding very few Traditional caches.

However . . . once those "Puzzle People" find the Puzzle cache . . . it could be a long time before the cache gets found again . . . :rolleyes:

If your cache has been a Puzzle, it would be best to Archive it and create a new cache page for the new Traditional.

My experience is the same. There seems to be a small core group that will expend the effort necessary for a puzzle cache. Once they've found the cache, visits to the cache are few and far between.

Loba2007

Wow! I'm impressed! My traditionals average one find a month! Of course they can be up to a mile hike... Hey, my syeteries have almost the same frequency. Hmm...

Loba2007

Wow! I'm impressed! My traditionals average one find a month! Of course they can be up to a mile hike... Hey, my syeteries have almost the same frequency. Hmm...

********** No wonder .... it's not a mystery !!!! *********