Micro w/camo

Just wanted some input on my new micro camo job. Thanks

Geocaching4-28-07024.jpg

Geocaching4-28-07025.jpg

You put a micro in a dollar bill? Cool! :blink:

Seriously, though, nice work, in my experience it can be tough boring holes into sticks "from the wild," and after participating in some of the threads about LPCs I should be an expert on boring. :D

Edited by Too Tall John

I see a major problem with disguising a cache as a dollar bill. People will find it and take it. You should have made it a Canadian dollar. Nobody wants those.

Except there's no such thing, and Canadian dollars are coins. Judging from the geocoin survival rate in caches, that one would go missing for sure. :blink:

I can see this being a FUN hunt :shocked:

We have a nice park near home and I was thinking of sticking it in the ground up to the cap next to some trees so it looks like it was cut down. The wood is treated and will stand up to the weather for some time.

Could you e-mail me, or post a reply here, as to what process you used to treat the wood? I'd like to attempt one of these. If you are willing to divulge super top secrets of the trade.

I think its great although i am curious to see different angles of this container. I also am wondering how you made it.

I am thinking it's basically a stick that has been bored out to place the container in and lacquered (or something similar).

That is real easy to make... stick cut off about 1 inch from the end, drilled out, with 4 micro magnents to keep the top on. As for the finish I would presume that he used a saten finish, polly urithine to make it from rotting very fast. gloss and semi gloss will not look natural at all.

looks great (as long as you aren't expecting anyone to find it. ;) )

seriously though, I hope you put a good clue if you hide it in the woods so it doesn't result in the destruction of the area. Hiding it in a park like you mentioned would be ideal to avoid that.