Small bison tubes - where can I buy them?

At one point or another, I picked up a tiny bison tube from inside of a geocache. Unfortunately, it was claimed by my fiancee... and she's grown rather fond of it :D

In either case, I've discovered that one or two of these would be extremely useful at the present time. However... I'm not wanting ones as large as seen in the geocaching store or like... every store online with bison tubes for sale. That type is just too wide for where I need it to fit (ie: as a waterproof match container stuffed into my already stuffed geocaching bag, and the larger ones won't fit). The one my fiancee has is 1/2" diameter, and about 1 3/4" long, and would pretty much be perfect for what I need.

Hence... does anyone know of a place that sells the 1/2" diameter bison tubes?

R.E.I. is a "co-op" based out of Seattle -- Recreational Equipment Incorporated.

It is my favorite store, but the initials also stand for "Really Expensive Inside." :D They have all the cool stuff, Mountain Hardware, The North Face, Patagonia, Asolo, etc. . . . :D

Edit for clarification . . .

Edited by Miragee

One can go about it the hard way and have a Heart Attack. The 'Bison' tube as it's called is a waterproof container used to store small amounts of Nitoglycerine for people who have a bad ticker. A friend of mine, who had a heart attack, who knows I'm a geocacher had unfortunately thrown away his supply of them recently, oh so sad. <_<

Don't try to get on an airplane with a hundred tubes around your neck, ha.

But seriously, I once saw an ad for 24 tubes for $5 in some catalog of scientific junk that I occasionally get. Was before my stint as a geocacher so I didn't partake of the offer. I'm sure they still show up on the surplus market often.

IMS surplus scroll down the page. They're well down, $1 each I believe shipping is a flat rate ($6?) so ordering a bunch makes sense. I generally get 30 or so at a time. Use as cache goodies and (rarely) as a cache container.

This one really is 1/2" diameter. The standard Bison (brand) tubes (which is what most answers here are referring to) are 5/8" diameter.

Criminnie, I thought that most everone knew how to perform a Google search.

You go to google.com. In the little window right there you type "bison tubes" and press the enter key.

Give it a try some day. :):):)

I agree completely, however to be fair there are other tubes out there very similar to Bison Tubes that are 1/2" diameter - hence the confusion and maybe the question....

Criminnie, I thought that most everone knew how to perform a Google search.

You go to google.com. In the little window right there you type "bison tubes" and press the enter key.

Give it a try some day. :):):)

I agree completely, however to be fair there are other tubes out there very similar to Bison Tubes that are 1/2" diameter - hence the confusion and maybe the question....

But of course, how silly of me. :D