*HAPPY DANCE*

NotallwhowanderRlost

:anitongue: Life is good! BF and I wend and got my first GPS!!! Its the Etrax Legend CX!!! He is very cute and has become part of the family...Now I just have to figure out how to use it!!! Ok so YES I got into geocaching b/c I thought it would be really cool to hike and find stuff...and I knew I needed a GPS-but nope-sorry...don't know how to use it! I can't wait to log my first cache...the experience should be if not anything else but funny!!! :laughing:

Thank you for sharing my excitement with me!!!

*LOST*

NotallwhowanderRlost,

It sounds like your very excited which is fantastic. Have you picked your first cache yet? As tempting as it might be I wouldn't pick one that is too hard. Remember even the best receivers will only get you so close.

Have you decided who will be in control of your GPSr on your first hunt? I've been involved in many "friendly arguments" as the excitement can get the better of you.

Make sure you let us all know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Andrew Scott

www.StartGeocaching.com

*LOST* ?

You are not lost - you got the GPS - it is the cache that does not know it is *LOST*

Enjoy the new addiction, it does not ever get boring if you seek out the good caches. That is the value of reading the posts.

But a word of warning - beware the Geocoin addiction. :unsure:

LeonW

:blink:

NotallwhowanderRlost,

It sounds like your very excited which is fantastic. Have you picked your first cache yet? As tempting as it might be I wouldn't pick one that is too hard. Remember even the best receivers will only get you so close.

Have you decided who will be in control of your GPSr on your first hunt? I've been involved in many "friendly arguments" as the excitement can get the better of you.

Make sure you let us all know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Andrew Scott

www.StartGeocaching.com

Andrew -very funny! BF and I took the new family member on a road trip to see how this thing works...HE had to play with it...So, I might leave BF at home for the first find.

Leon-

I'd get lost in a paper bag with a hole cut out of the other end!!! I just use lost as a shortened notallwhowanderRlost...maybe I should use wandering...or something-what do you think???

I will log my first expedition for all to see...it should prove funny really. Classes are almost over, so I will have time to work on this...but first I have to figure out how the gizmo works... :lol:

Remember as you are searching for the hidden treasure of caches...

All that is gold does not glitter

Welcome to the wonderful fun. It is very addictive. I'm taking a trip to Arkansas at the end of the week to visit family and plan to introduce my parents and brother to geocaching. Have fun and let us know how you do.

-CJ

Remember as you are searching for the hidden treasure of caches...

All that is gold does not glitter

Welcome to the wonderful fun. It is very addictive. I'm taking a trip to Arkansas at the end of the week to visit family and plan to introduce my parents and brother to geocaching. Have fun and let us know how you do.

-CJ

um ok...but I'm not looking for gold...I'm looking for caches!!! *confused-but it doesnt take much*

Hi all. I found my first cache this morning :D . I was doing a pretty mean happy dance inside, but didn't dare let it show on the outside! I already felt pretty conspicuous as I was trying it alone - prowling around on my own in the woodland, searching & checking the GPS every few seconds made me feel uncomfortable as it was, and I didn't even take a proper look at the contents for fear of being spotted & giving the cache location away to a muggle. I can totally understand the sport/hobby becoming totally addictive and thrilling, but I think it's definitely an experience best shared with others.

As I believe was suggested earlier in the post this one was fairly close to home, reasonably easy to find and what I believe is an "average" size. I would recommend this approach to other first-timers - it took nothing away from the thrill of finding it & if I had tried something more difficult and not found it I think it would have been too frustrating for a first attempt.

Best of luck to fellow newbies!

Terry.

Hi, I've been geocaching for about 2 months now and I'm hooked. I was on my own when I found my first one. I was just like you and wanted to scream and jump up and down, but hardly had time to look in cache for fear of being seen, so just signed log and re hid! lol