Caching on holiday

maxkim

Thanks for that, I have tried but all it says is the cache is locked and available for viewing only. It is perm archived not just temp... :lol:

Sounds odd!! Unless there has been a change that we haven't been told about, an archived cache that can be viewed, can still be logged!!!

The option has always been there, hence why you can't log locationless caches anymore, but it seems to only be used for archived caches if the local mods feel there's a bit of ****taking going-on.

A quick look down your own Armchair booklist shows a few recent examples.

Maxkim: I'm guessing it's this cache http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...158c8&log=n

Other nearby archived caches seem to be loggable, and I can't see anything in the logs that indicate anything untoward.

Edited by Jaz666

The option has always been there, hence why you can't log locationless caches anymore, but it seems to only be used for archived caches if the local mods feel there's a bit of ****taking going-on.

A quick look down your own Armchair booklist shows a few recent examples.

So it does, Änglamarken which I have left on for prosperity doesn't accept any logs. You learn something new every day.

B):huh:

Yes Jamie it is that cache. I have emailed the owner and he is happy for me to log it. Anybody know the mods for Italy? :lol:
erik88l-r looks a likely person as they've suspended that cache in the past - Feb 4th 2005.

Ahh, hadn't scrolled that far back.

It's obviously a holiday cache, that the owner never maintained himself. The reviewer disabled it and asked for it to be moved due to its location, but the owner just re-enabled it.

I guess as it was visited so frequently that the reviewer decided to leave it be, but then decided to lock the listing once it was archived.

Owners have two options when they archive a cache - to archive it, but leave it possible to log, or to archive it and lock it. The way it's worded on the cache page it's not hard to pick the wrong one.

Sorry Paul but the drop down list for log actions has been updated. Cache owners now only have the option of Archiving their caches. Only Reviewers can lock an Archived cache.

On a quick glance at the cache in question, I'd hazard a guess that this was locked for several reasons.

Owners have two options when they archive a cache - to archive it, but leave it possible to log, or to archive it and lock it. The way it's worded on the cache page it's not hard to pick the wrong one.
Sorry Paul but the drop down list for log actions has been updated. Cache owners now only have the option of Archiving their caches. Only Reviewers can lock an Archived cache.

On a quick glance at the cache in question, I'd hazard a guess that this was locked for several reasons.

Sorry my info was out of date. I should archive my caches more often :huh:B)

Get in there, quick!!!

Temporarily unarchived so maxkim, who found the cache while on vacation before it'd been archived, can log a find.

There is a apparently still a microcache there, so it might be premature to archive the listing. I'll reactivate it, and ask that the next finder please remove the cache if it is in poor shape and then log a "should be archived" note for the cache owner.

Thanks,

erik - geocaching.com admin