Wrong cache type assigned

supertbone

Have any of you found caches with the wrong cache type assigned? If so do you think they should be changed to reflect their true cache type?

I have found a few. A few weeks ago I found a multi cache in Burbank, CA that was actually a masked virtual cache (no log needed to be found and signed). I also noticed a similar cache in Anaheim, CA where a series of virtuals were packaged as a multi and I have seen locationless caches masqueraded as other cache types. I did research these caches and they were all placed several years ago and they all have had many finds since their placement. I am sure some of you have seen traditional cache listings like this one GCQ495, where an offset cache was classified a traditional.

I did one that was assigned but the owner did it on purpose. The note he left with the cache was pretty funny and it didn't give any coordinates to the final. It just said that you can see the place from where your standing if you stand in a certain direction. It ended up being about a 1/2 mile or so down the road. I know I didn't give much info on this, I just don't want to ruin it for others. I didn't mind that he did it that way. Actually it was rather funny.

Yes, I found/noticed several caches in New Mexico (while visiting over the holidays) that are listed as Traditional but are actually Unknown (puzzle) caches, requiring you to do some homework or other extra effort. This one, for example. Frustrating if you're just visiting and did a PQ that excluded puzzles and multis, and don't have all the info with you or ability to solve them on the fly.

Edited by hydnsek

Have any of you found caches with the wrong cache type assigned? If so do you think they should be changed to reflect their true cache type?

A few months back I adopted a cache that was listed as an "Unknown/Mystery" cache despite the fact the cache is at the posted coordinates and there is nothing to solve. First thing I did when the adoption was complete was to request that it be changed to a Traditional, so I think that answers both of your questions from my perspective. :(