Anyone Planning A Kiddie Cache Meet!?!

tigger two

I was just wondering if anyone else was planning a kiddie cache meet. The cache meet is going to consist of fun games and just other fun stuff basically while all you adults go and discuss tuperware <-- have i spelt that right lol anyway hope you like my idea :anitongue: ( and yes parents if you want you can join us and let your inner child out for the day <_< go on you know you want to :unsure::anibad: )

Edited by tigger two
kiddie cache

why not go and stick the kids in a huge box (for health and safety needs to have space for them all) in the woods and if we want them back then we can use the gps to find them. maybe even trade some as well.

"put child in, took out pair of gloves and cito bag"

:P Wanting to continue the emphasis of family fun at this years camping events, I have a challenge,

I challenge every camping attendee to bring a water pistol/super soaker type thing to the event

and

I challenge every camping host to set aside a slot for a massive

WATER FIGHT!!! <_<

This should get both the kids and big kids having fun together! Perhaps we can get an olds against the youth battle going on!! :huh:

Your thoughts??

;);)

Don't know where this might be taking place, or how many kids you might expect, but as it's a Caching Event, how about getting some small items printed up with the name and date of the event? Then hide them at individual places all around within , say, ¾mile of the Event. Take careful co-ords for each one and write them onto small cards. Give each kid a card and send them off (with a responsible adult, obviously) to find their own souvenir of the Event.

MrsB <_<

Nice idea Mrs B ill throw that in somewhere aswell <_< yay getting some good ideas now

Not wanting to be a damp squid, but if arranging events for children, would the adult leaders not need to have been vetted by the police? Just a thought . But might be worth considering.

Think the idea is that the parents will be there and organising the event.

Lets not go over the top!

Nice idea Mrs B ill throw that in somewhere aswell <_< yay getting some good ideas now

Not wanting to be a damp squid, but if arranging events for children, would the adult leaders not need to have been vetted by the police? Just a thought . But might be worth considering.

Think the idea is that the parents will be there and organising the event.

Lets not go over the top!

Not wanting to go over the top at all, but was there not a suggestion that the bigger kids could go away and discuss Tupperware? It is a shame that we should need to consider the need to think about the implications, but I think it worth making some enquiries, I may well have got it wrong and I hope I did but...

Hi Hazel

please dont mention rounders i hate it so much im really no good at it but i always thought it was fun until ....... we HAD to play it in the rain outside and i fell over n got all muddy good job i had a tracksuit on so the mud didnt go on me phew ( this was on annual camp with cadets that they made us play rounders in the rain:mad:)!! Lol but we could do that im sure the other kids would love a good competative game

Edited by tigger two

Not wanting to go over the top at all, but was there not a suggestion that the bigger kids could go away and discuss Tupperware? It is a shame that we should need to consider the need to think about the implications, but I think it worth making some enquiries, I may well have got it wrong and I hope I did but...

Do you actually have kids Johnmelad and have you ever attended a caching event?

Now now people it is useless trading blows with someone that is trying to rain on my parade, even though he failed. The point is that im still organising the cache meet the way i want it so that it will be fun for both parents and children.

And also with some of your suggestions to make my first cache event a big hit :)

:mad: Im being a big headed arn't i lol :mad:

Edited by tigger two
Now now people it is useless trading blows with someone that is trying to rain on my parade, even though he failed.

Nah, nothing like that Tigger Two :mad: I was just curious as it would be nice to know how many parents would be interested in attending an event designed with kids in mind as it might encourage more like minded events in other parts of the country. I think events like this is a great way to introduce kids to the sport :)

I'd love to bring my two little cachers to any child friendly event. Can do anywhere in the North West.

Now now people it is useless trading blows with someone that is trying to rain on my parade, even though he failed.

Nah, nothing like that Tigger Two :blink: I was just curious as it would be nice to know how many parents would be interested in attending an event designed with kids in mind as it might encourage more like minded events in other parts of the country. I think events like this is a great way to introduce kids to the sport :rolleyes:

Tony...

I know just the place, but the landlord has just changed... I'm not sure of the name of the new bloke.

It's a big pub, with a huge garden that backs onto a country park where there is already 3 caches. The pub does good food that is 2 for the price of 1. I think you'll know what pub I'm on about....

speak to me if you want to know more.

H

For those who hate rounders: we used to play a game called "kingy" at our re-enactment meets. One person has a ball and they have to throw it and hit the all other players with it. Once they are hit they have to join in and try to hit the remaining players. As we were a re-enactment group we had small "shields" to knock the ball away with. These could be improvised, or just use your hands.

All players are allowed to run to escape being hit. No running with the ball is allowed if you are trying to hit someone. Once you are hit you join the "hitters." Last person running is the winner, and he or she becomes the "hitter" in the next game.

Its great for getting rid of excess energy, (or knackering parents!)

Have fun.

Sounds awfully like stool ball, or 'authentic cricket' to me, Alice, dont you think? This has one person in batting and everybody else fielding. The batter whacks the ball and scores 'runs' by jumping on and off a low stool or tree stump. They are 'out' if they get the ball thrown at them and it hits when they are off their stool/stump.

Hi Alison :huh:

I think we could have a nice game of dodgeball ( i used to be captain of my dodgeball team!) i'd explain about the house colours but that would take toooo long so ...

anyway i think the dodgeball should be the first game we play otherwise everyone else will be too knackered for what me and Alison are planning. Wont they Alison! Are we making them things next time your down here! you should know what i mean but i cant say cause everyone will know our suprise hehe :laughing::huh:

Hi Alison :huh:

I think we could have a nice game of dodgeball ( i used to be captain of my dodgeball team!) i'd explain about the house colours but that would take toooo long so ...

anyway i think the dodgeball should be the first game we play otherwise everyone else will be too knackered for what me and Alison are planning. Wont they Alison! Are we making them things next time your down here! you should know what i mean but i cant say cause everyone will know our suprise hehe :laughing::huh:

oooooh - full title "Alison!!"

It's either Sunday, or you've been naughty!