Camping in Snowdonia 07 - RELEASED

I'll be there with Jorf'n..in our "PUP tent" . :D

No 'leccy, we'll rough it for a change.

Can't wait to try one of PUP's famous brews. :D

Cheers

Dave

Good luck on the brew Dave, we are still waiting for him to make us one! :D

Hey pup, hope there are no hills to walk up, hills were made for walking down ...not up! :D

Spoken to the site today, all is well.... Pitches still reserved. I have agreed that I will speak to the site on a monthly basis advising requirement changes, and they will accommodate no worries. Obviously the site size is not infinite and muggles will be booking too, so please if you are debating whether to come or not then can you let me know. The £100 deposit is paid in full, regardless of the number of pitches, and great news regarding hookup - we are going on an electrical hookup field so that EVERYONE who needs it can have it! Yay!

There's also a lot of secret groundwork going on in the background, little tweaks and ideas to make this THE BEST event out there... not only the Subaru cache (tentatively titled along the lines of "Mitsubishi Galant Gt-t-t-TT-tt-TR-tdGTtxvxx" which we are in discussions with the owners of the forestry WHERE THE WELSH RALLY HAPPENS so maybe we can have this cache on the actual course... we have the route!!!

Planning another night cache for the area themed around a GHOST WALK, which I am keeping hush-hush at the moment... lots of planning and forethought needed but if it comes off it will be memorable I expect!!!

Nice easy caches for the kids too, I'm taking influence here from some great Christmas caches set by the Mars Bars and the Cache Hoppers!

Thanks to the cachers who are helping me with some of the stuff above, you know who you are and you will be publicly thanked in due course!!!

Edited by PopUpPirate

Oh My God!!! :P

I'm so nearly gonna cancel my holiday of a lifetime and wreck my kids dreams to be there. :D

I'm booked for Florida with the Birdies and other friends for the theme parks and a SHUTTLE LAUNCH!! ;) but I wanna drop the lot to do the new Subaru!! :o (PuP knows).

I wanna but I can't bring myself to do it. Sorry Pup :o

Have a great time everybody......................... :(

How about a pirate theme for this??

I know there was talk last year about a Pirates of the caribbean theme for a Shrops event

Arrrrrr Arrrrrr

Can I bring me parrot?

Way to be original that man !!! :lostsignal:

Carry On Camping 2007 Event cache ring any bells? lol

Nope...sorry

Lolly

I've decided not to have fancy dress because it's a stress for some people and not all would want to join in. Nice idea Ms. Lollybob tho B)

Besides, there's too much other good stuff going on -

Pub pub pub pub

A marquee for info and food

Event bricks to collect

Unactivated geocoins to win

Huge maps and printouts

Caching games on and off-site

Welcome packs...

hell, every attendee will even be given a tamper-proof, water-resistant Chair Reservation Tag so that if you nip to the loo, your prized seat won't be nicked by some n'er'do-well B)

Edited by PopUpPirate

I've decided not to have fancy dress because it's a stress for some people and not all would want to join in. Nice idea Ms. Lollybob tho B)

Every attendee will even be given a tamper-proof, water-resistant Chair Reservation Tag so that if you nip to the loo, your prized seat won't be nicked by some n'er'do-well B)

You mean even the PopUpPirate won't be wearing his Pirate outfit?? That's outrageous!

And if you let any n'er'do-wells in, then they ought to be made to walk the plank! B)B)B)

You mean even the PopUpPirate won't be wearing his Pirate outfit?? That's outrageous!

And if you let any n'er'do-wells in, then they ought to be made to walk the plank! B)B)B)

I suppose we could always put him in a barrel and stick knives into him! B)B)B)

Nooo Lolly - that's what makes him "Pop - Up"!!!!!!!!!

Never been to an event like this but might be just the thing for 2 of our team. Is it just a case of getting together with other cachers but generally doing your own cache finding thing or do we follow an itinerary?

It's as organised as you want to make it :o Generally some people gang together and group cache (the majority) whilst some cache on their own. There's no itinerary as such, but there WILL be some fun twists and turns - little mini caches on site, competitions, and inpromptu barbecues and the like. I wondered what these events were all about so I turned up for one and it was well good, keep an eye out for them event bricks on your travels by the way - http://www.letsgocampingin.co.uk/snowdonia - because there are some very very very posh coins up for grabs for the three cachers who hand me the most bricks over the weekend!

:o:(<_<:unsure::o:o:o

Can't wait!

The event brick coins are unactivated/trackable/mint - they're the retired Three Roses ones from http://www.crakeproductions.com/coins/

They split in two, so are effectively two coins each, with one part intended to remain with the owner as Proof Of Ownership. The two parts magnetically hold together and are to all intents and purposes, 2 full thickness coins. Brill they are! :huh:

ThreeRosesWeb.jpg

Event bricks will be available on location if anyone is short :D Ie, whapped into local caches on the day, fingers crossed. :D

Time is getting closer so please confirm your intention sooner rather than later, people, if at all possible - thank you!!!

We hid 20 caches a couple of weeks ago, near to the event, to give people more stuff to find. If we decide to hide any on the day we'll bring printouts for everyone, so no need to worry about GSAK being up to date or not :D

I need to check up on the day visitors thing. I was gonna make the pub event the "pub on the beach" at Morfa Nefyn but its too far away. The huge teapot has turned up though - it's ACE! :P

I've TB'd it, the "Event Kettle" - only loggable if you drink a brew poured from its hallowed spout! ;)

I also doubt that the Ty Coch at Porth Dillaen ("pub on the beach" you refer to) could cope with us number wise... that said - it IS a top top pub!!

Spent many a day lounging on the beach there refreshed only by liquids from said establishment!

OK, day event sorted - 1PM at the GLASYN ICES parlour in Beddgelert on the Sunday - it's ace there and so friendly too. Plenty of pubs nearby, I think there's about 4 within 200 metres, if that's enough.... :)

Thanks - all being well I'll be there. :)

I was about to ask for coords but see that you have put directions in your log on the web page, thanks. :)

Looks like there's gonna be some walking from Pen-y-Pass, probably on the Saturday, Pyg and/or Miners routes.

If people are running PQs, all event caches are now set, and all Mandarin Lake / Metal Eddie caches will be fully operational over the weekend - we're arriving a day or so earlier and nipping round doint maintenance, adding more sweetie tokens

Sorted - it's gonna happen. If anyone wants to sherpa alternative walks and/or alternative times, feel free! The Watkin path might appeal to some, or the Snowdon ranger, or Rhyd Ddu, or Llanberis, or the Horseshoe, or, or...... B)

Course you could just jib and do Eddies Metal Mission :angry:

Snowdon Ascent - 11am on the Saturday from Pen-y-pass, Pyg Track up, Miners Track down... probably the two easiest paths, which run more or less parallel, with the same start/end point.

http://www.harbach.4ever.org.uk/snowdonia/snowdon/rpyg.htm

Does that sound like a good idea? It's about 3.5 miles each way. :angry:

Count us in for that one. Martin's convinced that I'll not be able to make it up there so I'll have to prove him wrong. B)