German Translator required please

currykev

I thought I'd ask my fellow UK cachers 1st.

I am off to Berlin for a couple of days caching one week from today and not surprisingly most cache pages are in German only.I am disorganised as usual so this is all last minute.

I am in need of a very basic translation of what to look for and the hints too,for each cache not in English.

I will make a list of my proposed caches this Friday and I will then forward this list the same evening.

So I would need the translation by Tuesday 16th Jan.

I reckon on 20-40 caches needing transalation.

Can anyone Help?? <_<:laughing:

I am off to Berlin for a couple of days caching one week from today and not surprisingly most cache pages are in German only.I am disorganised as usual so this is all last minute.

I am in need of a very basic translation of what to look for and the hints too,for each cache not in English.

I will make a list of my proposed caches this Friday and I will then forward this list the same evening.

Can anyone Help?? <_<:laughing:

You could try getting in touch with SamsonUK79, his real name is Martin.

I thank you all for pointing me in the right direction.I will in fact use the translation sites as recommended.I'd like to give a BIG thanks to our Austrian lady friend for her kind offer of help. :ph34r: And I would also like to thank sssss for taking over my role..as they say in German..." sarkastisches git" :laughing:

ps - would you like us to do the caches for you as well
I had no idea that was available as an option! Where do I sign up for this scheme? :)

hmm i can see a business developing here, cacher for hire for those too busy to cache.

Just let me know what cache you would like doing, I can then arrange to let you know the costs involved, it will be £80 an hour plus travelling and consumable expenses, oh and it will be cash up front.

I guess most of the caches you will go for will be Trads... so my advice would be to just set off and try for them. Maybe print out the hints (un-ROT13 first) and if necessary ask for help when you get there.

I don't think many people will be keen to put in the effort to translate 20-40 cache listings for you, at least not without some quid pro quo. (This ought to be my cue to say "why not thank them with a sTeamTraen geocoin", but I'm not taking orders just yet! :))

Can anyone Help?? :D:wacko:

Always happy to help a London cacher (we lived there not long ago) and able to translate at will. So if Tyrolean Maid runs out of steam :D just give us a shout via our profile.

Viel Spass! :yikes:

over at Portugal we're starting up a project to voluntarily translate other people's portuguese text to a language that can be understood by a broader range of geocachers: english.

so far, we've translated some 30 caches and the list keeps getting bigger.

what really bugs me is people planting a cache in a tourist-prolific zone, knowing they'll have at least a visit a month from a foreign cacher and stick to the portuguese version with a "if you want an english translation, please email me".

have you ever seen any of these? have you asked for a translation? have you received a fairly decent one?

wanna check out the translation site and read a few translations and leave a comment stating it would suffice if you wanted to cache around here?

When I cached in Amsterdam i just copied and pasted the whole page into Babel Fish....easy peasy...until I got arrested! :D .....car alarm went off just as I was emerging from the bushes....was released without charge....but was to scared to cache :wacko: ....had to retreat to one of them strange cafe :D

Danke zu meinem ganzem nützlichen friends.I verwendet Babel Fish....as it seems to do the trick.I have worked out those caches I have a good chance of finding,(ommitting most puzzles and the longer multis too)If I do get stuck,and as I shall be mostly in the city I will have no worries about approaching one of the friendly locals for help.I may even find a fellow Deutsches Geocacher as its a popular pastime in their neck of the woods by all accounts. :blink: